Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

iFallenYuuki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:31 pm
I don't think he would do Edward justice.
I mean I know they wouldn't cast a REALLY well know actor but him?
I was hoping for like a Kevin Zegers or something.
That Robert Pattinson guy just doesn't seem like an Edward to me.
Kevin Zegers  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:45 pm
Yes, Ayllin! The guy needs more support...

Chocol8Chips (and everyone else for that matter), they obviously didn't choose him based on looks alone. As the majority says, he may have some features right, but I think a lot of us were expecting someone completely different. However, it's the auditions that win you the part, and that's why he got the role. Plus he had to have great chemistry with Kristen, so that's a big factor. You wouldn't want someone who was gorgeous but really sucked at acting and showed no romantic personality when it came to being with Bella. That's what the story is about after all.

If the casting director and production team feel Robert was best at displaying this, I support them 100%. Besides, final judgment will come on opening day xP

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

wintercherryblossom

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:10 pm
seriously...im so scared that he'll butcher the movie...well actually now that i think about it...im pretty sure the fact that theyre making the book into a movie is just going to butcher my whole perspective of this book. i reallllllyyyyy love this series and SO VERY SCARED about the movie...
this is the ONLY picture that i have found that makes my whole take on the movie less awful
User Image
but otherwise im VERY afraid...

this basically sums up what i feel:

I am very disappointed, upset, and shocked. I will have to trust my fellow Twilight fans with their belief that he will do a decent job. I only hope that make-up, special effects, movie magic, etc. will be good enough to turn him into a good Edward. (someone else's thoughts with whom i agree)

Just the fact that now when I think of Twilight, I will think of Harry Potter. (again...someone else's thoughts but i must agree)...eww i dont wanna think harry potter when im thinking twilight... crying

ok...i think im done... smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:26 am
That's actually a very nice picture!! I love that!

I'm sorry to see more people don't have an open mind to this.. It'd be like knowing the plot-line of Twilight, but then when Stephenie picked the name Edward, being like "EWWW, that's sooo not a good name for your main character"

I don't know.. that's just what I'm thinking..  

FlixiePixie

yohkomano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:52 am
ur right... 3nodding but the disapointment is still there... cry all in all i'll see this movie and will make up my mind... but it's always this way (every book which becomes a movie has 2 deal with this kind of problems) .... we should believe in the producer 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm
I acctually think hes cute, and a good choice for edward. I'm not saying he would be the best, but i'd pictured edward as a guy with basily that type of face, but reder hair. oh, and sooo much sexier. Plus he gets major points for reading the series. I mean, who could play edward better then someone who knows exactly how stephanie made him act? Most actors have never even picked up the book to the movie they were or will be in. I think he'll pull it off quite well. I just sorta can't see him with the girl they cast for bella. But then again, bella and edward were always an odd couple wink (that i ABSOLUTLEY LOVE together. Me= total bellaxedward/edward fangirl xd )  

music4ever27

meggy_magic515

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:10 pm
i not happy with him playing as Edward when i found out i started screaming "no".i'm gonna be really angry if he ruins the movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:01 pm
Gaspard....*cries* There was no way i was going to be open-minded about it D: I was so convinced Gaspard would play it. He's practically the perfect edward!  

Zirumi

Lil Smee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:04 am
At first, I was shocked.
Like lots of other Twilight fans, I came to like him in time. Once I had thought about it.
He has a perfect face... the jawline is right. And for those people who don't think he has the right colour hair, then don't worry. Dying your hair does not take much time or effort.
For any little human glitches on his face, (like a mole or scar or something) the Hollywood people can get rid of them. Thank god for special effects and editing!

I am interested to see how they will film him sparkling. It could look VERY stupid and pathetic if they handle it wrong. Like adding a ton of sparkles onto him or covering him in glitter or something!
But movies are very sophisticated nowadays so I am confident in them!
I am putting my trust in Stephenie Meyer. She said he would be good- so if she wrote it and can be happy about Pattinson, then so should we!

I think he is a very good actor. And I don't see him too much as Cedric, because he looks different now. Older, cuter.
And I think he's hot. The movie people will big up the hot parts of him so he looks great on camera.
And if he acts it well, then he can be sexy too wink

Its great that he had chemisty with Kristen! And that he's read all three books. And apparently he has a perfect American accent. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:15 pm
crying why, why crying
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

starry_sun

-DiseaseFish-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:05 pm
User ImageI glimpsed a bat with butterfly wings...

I just have to say a few things...
First of all...STOP with the ways of bettering this guy. "Oh, he's okay, but he doesn't have the HAIR of Edward..."
"He doesn't have the right jawline!"
"His eyebrows are HORRIBLE!!!"

Guess what.
He's glorious. seriously. one of the best looking boys I've ever seen. Stop suggesting ways he could be better! I mean, I just think that if I were him, and saw all these horrible things that these dumb fangirls were saying about me, I'd be pretty sad, or angry.

and SECOND.
STOP, STOP, STOP with your crying and moaning about Gaspard (or others). I mean, HONESTLY.
GASPARD probably didn't even audition.
He might not have read the books,
and if he did, he could be a huge HATER of the books. He could have different things going on. He may have never been a candidate for the freaking part.
Guess what ladies? Some of you will NEVER be satisfied with who they picked. DEAL with it. It's a freaking movie! If it's not your perfect image of twilight, GET OVER IT. Everyones minds work differently. Imaginations function in DIFFERENT ways. We none of us see Forks, Edward, Bella, or the plot in the same way. So, guess what? Most of you will hate the freaking movie, and just because it wasn't how YOU pictured it.

Give it a chance. Don't whine until you've actually seen the movie.
Have faith in the fudging actors.
And for heavens sakes, quit bringing up Gaspard.

oh, what marvelous things.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yeah, okay. I agree..with some things.

You guys are saying he doesn't have the right hair, the right eyebrows. THEY CAN CHANGE THAT! It's not exactly hard to change someone's hair. But I definately, DEFINATELY do not agree that he is one of the best looking guys I've seen, because I think he's really quite disgusting. I dont' know baout you, but if I were Robert Pattinson I would be really amused by these comments haha..but that's just me

Okay, you can probably tell that Gaspard was my first choice for the part but you guys are so extremely close minded! Honestly! The chance he was gonna get the part wasn't that big the fact that some of you are acting up because he didn't get the part is ******** ridiculous!

I know we all wanted Gaspard and it sucks that he didn't get picked. I agree that Robert Pattinson was a BAD choice but just STFU about Gaspard Ulliel! It's driving me insane!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

Zirumi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:27 pm
Ha ha I know....seriously driving people insane is pretty fun if you give it a shot wink . And Dorkfishy's right, I prolly would never have been satisfied, even if it was Gaspard. I know there is some way the movie will be screwed up*shrugs* so there should never be a movie. There is very little chance we would be satisfied no matter how good it seems to non-readers. I'm just mad because they keep pointing out in the book how gorgeous Edward is and how Horrible*i think* pattison looks in comparison. Its ridiculous. And believe me I tried to be happy about it. Half of my friends are celebrating and half are screaming so i tried to be open-minded. I just can't remember how he did in HP and all the pictures I have seen are bad ones*points to stephenies site* Maybe I'd be happier if someone got me a clip of his acting job?*I searched Youtube already and came up short. there were a bunch of music videos so i couldnt hear his voice*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 am
Yeah, I think it's fine to bash Pattinson based on his certain features that he can't change (jawline, acting abilities, that extremely ugly glaring facial expression he has on 24/7)
But the fact that some people are saying he doesn't have the right hair style, hair color and how some won't STFU about Gaspard! UGH.

KiraLight
Crew

Zirumi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:17 am
KiraLight
Yeah, I think it's fine to bash Pattinson based on his certain features that he can't change (jawline, acting abilities, that extremely ugly glaring facial expression he has on 24/7)
But the fact that some people are saying he doesn't have the right hair style, hair color and how some won't STFU about Gaspard! UGH.

24/7? lol! and sorry, I didnt know Gaspard gets on people's nerves, but hair color is a petty thing to whine about. Thats completely changeable  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff