Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Pokemon Archieve Championship Tournament (Update) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:40 pm
Luther Olathes
That's partly the point. I would ban Garchomp too, but decided just to stop at Legendaries and Ubers. To eliminate things like Heatran and Suicune. Perhaps in the next tournament I host I will allow them, but as for this one, they get to sit on the sidelines and watch some other pokemon have their chance to shine.

PS: I honestly don't see why a top battler can't do without one of their pokemon, but, whatever. I'm not forcing anyone to enter this. I will, however, let people know what there will be times in their tournament where they have to choose who in their team has to be left behind, atleast for that round.

Well thats kind of weird, since most people form teams with each pokemon supporting the team. But seriosuly, heatran and suicune only work with certain teams, while garchomp can perform welll just about anywhere  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:44 pm
I will have a round in the tournament where only three pokemon are allowed to be used, and instead of normal elimiation, each competitor must face each other and the ones with the most wins will advance to the next round.  

Luther Olathes

Pachulo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:30 pm
Luther Olathes
I will have a round in the tournament where only three pokemon are allowed to be used, and instead of normal elimiation, each competitor must face each other and the ones with the most wins will advance to the next round.

Only allowing to enter with 3 pokemon means that you will win based on luck neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:47 pm
Pachulo
Luther Olathes

Only allowing to enter with 3 pokemon means that you will win based on luck neutral
User Image
I was bored

Its kinda like the BT anyways.
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx990

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Heres an easy way to determine if you should keep the weird rules: how many people have actually signed up?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:25 pm
3 vs are the best way to battle..either you got it or you dont  

16bit-Plumber

Pachulo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 pm
16bit-Plumber

Hey plumber you said we were gona battle, let me know when you are ready.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:42 pm
Pachulo
16bit-Plumber

Yummy! friend code in siggy  

16bit-Plumber

Pachulo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:43 pm
16bit-Plumber
Pachulo
16bit-Plumber

0172 7769 3455

Thats mine, see you online.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:50 pm
Pachulo
16bit-Plumber
Pachulo
16bit-Plumber

0172 7769 3455

MUHAHAHAHA!
kindle for my flame!  

16bit-Plumber

Pachulo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:52 pm
16bit-Plumber
Pachulo
16bit-Plumber
Pachulo
16bit-Plumber

0172 7769 3455

MUHAHAHAHA!
kindle for my flame!

Weirdo >.>

Anyway why are you battling somebody else? surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:12 pm
That have to be the most laggy battle I ever had.

Well play again later I need to take off now, later.  

Pachulo

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Deathguiser
Heres an easy way to determine if you should keep the weird rules: how many people have actually signed up?

If hardly anyone enters then I will be forced to hold another tournament with plan, cut and dry, boring, rules. Atleast this way it keeps things interesting and trainers have to keep on their toes. It's supose to be a true test of skill. Why would we allow just anyone to be the Champion of our guild? Gold, a legit hard-to-get pokemon choice (Like a Dragon Dancing Tyranitar, for example), a customized banner, and bragging rights.
Or atleast, that was the whole idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:34 pm
Luther Olathes
Deathguiser

If hardly anyone enters then I will be forced to hold another tournament with plan, cut and dry, boring, rules. Atleast this way it keeps things interesting and trainers have to keep on their toes. It's supose to be a true test of skill. Why would we allow just anyone to be the Champion of our guild? Gold, a legit hard-to-get pokemon choice (Like a Dragon Dancing Tyranitar, for example), a customized banner, and bragging rights.
Or atleast, that was the whole idea.

I don't know where you've been, but tis not hard to get any pokemon, excluding Ubers. If you want nifty rules, taking away legends isn't going to make it better. A true test of battling is knowledge of pokemon, how to use them, prediction, and of course luck always factors in.  

Deathguiser

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:49 pm
Pachulo
That have to be the most laggy battle I ever had.

Well play again later I need to take off now, later.
sorry that was me I'm getting my real internet this week..so then I can...eat you alive..  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff