Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Lucky Star License/Dub Discussion. First DVD May 6 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazumi159

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:03 am
I havn't bought the DVD but I've seen the first three episodes of youtube. I think its okay.. it grows on you, at first its terrible but you get used to it. Although they made Konata sound really mature, theres not enoguh vute-ness in her voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

What does the average small, flat chested teenager who has gone through puberty sound like?

Exactly what Konata sounds like (in English).

No natural voice sounds like what it did in the Japanese version, and it comes out truely weird in English when someone tries to do it like that (see Mikuru in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

Ivy-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:33 am
Alrighty, I just finished watching the first eppie, and I must say, I like the voices! ^^ They did a very good job choosing the voice actors! =D  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:44 am
TenakuMihara
I'm slightly perturbed by the casting of Wendee Lee as Konata, but it might work out well, it all depends. In either case the fact that I'll soon be able to buy the proper DVDs instead of average quality downloads >.> Also I'd like to thank you for the provision of that link, since it showed me that 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' is licensed =D
who's Wendee Lee?? neutral
sorry for being ignorant... sweatdrop  

Oakarii

Oakarii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am
Ksilver
I'm one of those who actually enjoy dubs, well, most of them...unless the voice really annoys me, but that doesn't happen very often. but im looking forward to it..
i dun fancy eng dubs cause the first few ones i saw sucks but the one for gundum seed is pretty nice but i dun watch much of it only when someone switches to that show ,
1-cardcaptor sakura-on tv-i prefer the chinese dub to the eng dub i think though i do not remeber much but i rmb i only watched almost all of the chinese dub on tv instead of the english one , or maybe it has got to do with the weather? because i could feel the nice cool weather in the morning like when sakura was rollerblading in the opening while the english dub was broadcasted in the afternoon
2-mirmo zibang-(a bit similar to the pretty cure dub if i didnt rmb wrongly)
3-gundum seed ( not bad dub i think)
4-pretty cure -on tv- (didnt watch too much of it after i grew older in my mind and felt that it was a bit lame)

i hope u guys wont blame me if i said something that does not sync with what's happening cause i have i REALLY REALLY poor memory... probably the result of playing too much computer when i was smaller ... i rmb i played until i had headaches or my eyes felt dry ... pretty thankful that i can still see things without my glasses unlike Miyuki who cant see without her glasses. by the way i m 13 when 22nd jun passes in case u misunderstand me for a old person hehes mrgreen but its probably not weird to have bad memory nowadays ... but my memory improved i think after i well, organise things? i forgot what happened in certain anime i watched when i m about just half of my current height... i rmb my height should be about like that cause i always rmb in my memory when it was the morning and the opening of cardcaptor sakura when there was cherry blossoms  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:18 am
Onicept
00NINE-1
Where are the alleged wallpaper?
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

The various square images on the box. I saw no advertisements using those images, I have only seen them on AP.net and various Wallpaper sites.

They are images either vectored or cut out from scans from Manga and such, then redone as wallpapers.

All they have to do is clean off the words, and then they can use it.

omfg , so they steal wallpapers? scream ****  

Oakarii

Oakarii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:35 am
Onicept
00NINE-1
I already got the limited edition preordered. =)

I don't know who would want to wear the shirt though. sweatdrop

3/12 edit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I got nothing against it, but I really think the normal edition would be better to buy.

America really goes over crazy with their boxes, and you end up with a lot of useless things you don't need.

Also, the shirt is VERY lame. It looks like an after-thought. As does the screen cleaner Chocolate Cornet.

Psst, the art box isn't all that great either. Notice how Akira still has a crap load of white around her, yet she is part of the scene?

Poor editing there...just like the website.

well, the shirt is obvioulsy lame... they are wasting resources , and a fren of my said :" the trees are going botak(bald) ! save trees , dont give homework!"
and since konata is an otaku, her drawing skills has to be at least better than that right?even i draw better than that... i do agree that it is something like a 5 yrs old or sth,, but maybe a 5 yr old can do even better ... and at the age of 17, she can at leat draw things more properly , even the stick people a fren of mind draws is so much better i dunt think i m an otaku... but i probably was ... last time i went to buy the tsubasa reservoir chronicles comics even after reading it on the internet... so i could collect it ... but now i dont ...
i think an otaku is someone who is willing to starve for anime , comics and such... ---blah---blah---blah  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:36 pm
Oakarii
and since konata is an otaku, her drawing skills has to be at least better than that right?

False causality. I'm an otaku, and my drawing is quite worse than Konata's in the anime, although I do think I make some pretty clean stick figures XP.

Besides, there is no age for drawing well or drawing poorly. By categorizing like that, you basically suggest that the world is a utopian society with specific advances in certain fields as life progresses. Look at people's handwriting. Many young people can write better than their elders (at least, in my experience), and then the rest of those young people totally suck at writing. Such a large group of people just doesn't fit into a mold, so don't try to overgeneralize.

Concerning your statement on stealing wallpapers (Oni too, I guess), I believe all of the wallpapers on the box are original. From some research I've conducted on quite a few of said wallpapers, I've found that the people who post them online take the wallpapers from magazines and other forms of official media and basically scan and clean them up. If they added anything there that could have suggested that the wallpapers were their creation, then they've committed copyright infringement.

But I didn't research all of those wallpapers. I might take a look at the rest.  

The_Great_Hero

japanesefanforever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:39 pm
i got it! its really goou know how in most citys theres a china town? u can get lucky star stuff there!

i got some stickers and an ipod bag! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:42 pm
aha  

kokolao

kokolao

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 am
oh great  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:23 am
my mom is getting lucky star on netflix! im still wating!  

The Strongest Baka

Romantic Genius

6,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Reverriun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 am
Does anyone know when volume 2 is gonna be out? ive looked everywhere and found nothing crying and will there a special edeition version like volume 1?

EDIT: I JUST WENT TO OTAKON AND DAMN WAS IT EPIC! I got the 2nd box set. It only comes with Kagami character cd and a shirt with Konata's swimsuit printed on it (which i will also wear proudly!)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:30 am
00NINE-1
I already got the limited edition preordered. =)

I don't know who would want to wear the shirt though. sweatdrop

3/12 edit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I where that shirt damn proudly and im a guy. Fandom and Otaku-dom know no limits!

(Sorry for the double post sweatdrop )  

Reverriun

Senshi_Sailor Harpyia

2,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm
I have watched some of the English Dub on Veoh already and I like first 8 episodes that i have watched so far. I have watched 9-10 of the japanese version and I am going to rewatch the beginning in Japanese again. I can't wait to get the box sets ^^  
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff