Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Otulissa's Debate of Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salutations, Readers!
  Hello, Captain!
View Results

Furyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 pm
Sorry bout the spoilers. I most likely won't be giving any out anymore.
(Hurry up, Make the tenth book, D.J. McHale!)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:13 am
XD;; You can't rush an author..  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 pm
Wanna bet? -loads gun-.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:42 am
Furyal
Wanna bet? -loads gun-.

Heh. I like the way you think. biggrin

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:47 am
Otulissa
Icarii Enchanter WolfStar

This would have to be the hardest question ever. I have SO many books that I asbolutely adore. Hm... My favorites, however, are as listed below.

Riddle-Master
Age of Fire
Wayfarer Redemption [All six books/ Both trilogies]
Maximum Ride
His Dark Materials
Artemis Fowl
Cirque du Freak
Pendragon
Bartimaeus
Sword of Truth
Pit Dragon
Fire Bringer
Dragon Quartet
Inheritance Cycle [Eragon, Eldest, etc.]

As of right now, though, I would have have to say that my favorite author is probably... Hm... Jonathan Stroud, though my favorite books as of right now are the Age of Fire books. Though the rest of the books in that list are nearly tied with The Age of Fire when it comes to my favorites... sweatdrop

*hi-fives* I love, love, love Artemis Fowl! And the Inheritance. XD;; I started Artemis Fowl wayyyyy back. XD;; And, oh, His Dark Materials is good! No spoilers; I haven't read all of them hehe.

Yes, they're all great books. Did you know the Inheritance Cycle isn't gonna be a trilogy? I don't know if this is just news to me or to everyone, but Christopher Paolini said that he's gonna have to break up the third book into two because the story was just too long. So I'm looking forward to Brisingr in September. biggrin I'm UBER excited for that.

And omigosh, I get so nostalgic when I think about His Dark Materials. I read those books a couple years back; I remember the day I finished the last book with frightening clarity. But I shan't tell you what I was feeling, because that would probably give you an idea of the ending. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:36 am
Furyal
Wanna bet? -loads gun-.

Heh. I like the way you think. biggrin

Thanks, lol.  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:08 pm
Otulissa

This would have to be the hardest question ever. I have SO many books that I asbolutely adore. Hm... My favorites, however, are as listed below.

Riddle-Master
Age of Fire
Wayfarer Redemption [All six books/ Both trilogies]
Maximum Ride
His Dark Materials
Artemis Fowl
Cirque du Freak
Pendragon
Bartimaeus
Sword of Truth
Pit Dragon
Fire Bringer
Dragon Quartet
Inheritance Cycle [Eragon, Eldest, etc.]

As of right now, though, I would have have to say that my favorite author is probably... Hm... Jonathan Stroud, though my favorite books as of right now are the Age of Fire books. Though the rest of the books in that list are nearly tied with The Age of Fire when it comes to my favorites... sweatdrop

*hi-fives* I love, love, love Artemis Fowl! And the Inheritance. XD;; I started Artemis Fowl wayyyyy back. XD;; And, oh, His Dark Materials is good! No spoilers; I haven't read all of them hehe.

Yes, they're all great books. Did you know the Inheritance Cycle isn't gonna be a trilogy? I don't know if this is just news to me or to everyone, but Christopher Paolini said that he's gonna have to break up the third book into two because the story was just too long. So I'm looking forward to Brisingr in September. biggrin I'm UBER excited for that.

And omigosh, I get so nostalgic when I think about His Dark Materials. I read those books a couple years back; I remember the day I finished the last book with frightening clarity. But I shan't tell you what I was feeling, because that would probably give you an idea of the ending. biggrin

Yeah, I've known it's going to be a cycle for a while now. XD;; So excited!!! Can't wait!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:43 am
debatable question: Does Guardians of Ga'hoole change its main character/s?
i think so. Because it's like Soren/Band and then Coryn/Otulissa...and then the villains change - kludd >Nyra > Striga..  

SunnyNights

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:28 am
Yeah, I think the main characters DO change. ^_^ I personally think it's a cool aspect of the book series.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:41 pm
Furyal
Sorry bout the spoilers. I most likely won't be giving any out anymore.
(Hurry up, Make the tenth book, D.J. McHale!)

Did you know there's a graphic novel??

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:22 am
Graphic Novel for what?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:56 pm
Let's get back to debates!  

Otulissa