Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:46 pm
MortSanglant
Nikura Uchiha

As your asks questions, then simply tell them it's how they trust eachother. Simple, easy, and not letting them know it has anything to do with sex. No one is blaming anyone. i can see both points of views. You could tell the child it's like why mothers and father wear rings, they just wear that instead. Explain that it's their form of trust. You don't have to let your child know it's of sex.

No, they never should have to take the lead off if thats what they wish to do, let them have their way, they're going to fight for it anyway. I never blamed them nor the bus driver, never said I believedd in what they happen to be doing. But they want to, they are going to whether the public likes it or not. It's taht simple fact taht the kids are going to be exposed to it anyways.

In all honesty, how often do you think children are exposed to sexual fetishes such as this?

Like Rellik said, this has to do with common sense, and most people who have such a fetish are smart enough to know when to parade such things.

As the saying goes "there is a time and a place for everything."

This is just one of those occurrences where people who belong to a group that is criticized in the media feel the need to make a stink about something. Instead of accepting that what they were displaying was inappropriate for a public place and removing the lead, they felt the need to bring it to the media and b***h about it.

This is nothing they're going to "win" because, again, how often does this seriously occur?

It's petty.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe they never will "win" if thats what they want I don't ven know. But children don't have to know it's sexual until they are older, sometimes you lie to your children just alittle so they don't find out things to early.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:30 pm
Nikura Uchiha
MortSanglant
Nikura Uchiha

As your asks questions, then simply tell them it's how they trust eachother. Simple, easy, and not letting them know it has anything to do with sex. No one is blaming anyone. i can see both points of views. You could tell the child it's like why mothers and father wear rings, they just wear that instead. Explain that it's their form of trust. You don't have to let your child know it's of sex.

No, they never should have to take the lead off if thats what they wish to do, let them have their way, they're going to fight for it anyway. I never blamed them nor the bus driver, never said I believedd in what they happen to be doing. But they want to, they are going to whether the public likes it or not. It's taht simple fact taht the kids are going to be exposed to it anyways.

In all honesty, how often do you think children are exposed to sexual fetishes such as this?

Like Rellik said, this has to do with common sense, and most people who have such a fetish are smart enough to know when to parade such things.

This is just one of those occurrences where people who belong to a group that is criticized in the media feel the need to make a stink about something. Instead of accepting that what they were displaying was inappropriate for a public place and removing the lead, they felt the need to bring it to the media and b***h about it.

This is nothing they're going to "win" because, again, how often does this seriously occur?

It's petty.

Maybe they never will "win" if thats what they want I don't ven know. But children don't have to know it's sexual until they are older, sometimes you lie to your children just alittle so they don't find out things to early.
And there you go, underestimating children's abilities to put 2 and 2 together.  

Rellik San
Crew

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:10 pm
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha
MortSanglant
Nikura Uchiha

It's petty.

Ok Are you talking about older children who have most likely heard about it in school, or younger as in 3+?? From the younger ages they usually don't put 2 and 2 together until about 5 or 6, then they have heard it in school r with friends.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:39 pm
Diabolic Kung Fu
LOL

I'm glad something like that isn't a great prob here...
I don't see whats the difference between someone wearing rubber, leather, spikes, net, etc or beeing lead on a leash in public...

When I think about CSD ^^

Okay, I wont go out in such provocative dresses out alone...
But with friends by my side...

Whats the matter...

neutral

I love my lifestyle and out of work Im living it abosluty...
No one would ever dare to forbid me what I wear...
Not even my family.
rofl  

Surrealys

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:47 pm
Nikura Uchiha
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha
MortSanglant
Nikura Uchiha

It's petty.

Ok Are you talking about older children who have most likely heard about it in school, or younger as in 3+?? From the younger ages they usually don't put 2 and 2 together until about 5 or 6, then they have heard it in school r with friends.
If 5 or 6 year olds where you live, are talking so casually about sex, then those most be some real bad parents.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 pm
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha
MortSanglant
Nikura Uchiha

It's petty.

If 5 or 6 year olds where you live, are talking so casually about sex, then those most be some real bad parents.

Well, they do. My 5 year old cousin talks about sex all the time. I know kids who starting having sex at 8 or 9.  

Nikki the Juggalette

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:32 pm
Rellik San
Hunter of the Dammed
Rellik San
Hunter of the Dammed
Nikura Uchiha
Hunter of the Dammed
exactly, kids are exposed to more s**t than people think. trust me, when a kid thats about five is comming up to me and asking if I have this is the new s**t by Marlyn Manson and can he listen to it. (no offnse to manson he does rock though morals are a little odd). but that what im saying I agree that kids are exposed to far worst than a bloody collar.

edit this is exposure this was on mtv music awards please do not click link if you are easly affronted by images

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200709/r175289_665853.jpg

Indeed that is all over the T.V. every day. Weird enough many Mums around here are very young, and so teh children learn at even a younger age what is what.
and the sad thing its often encouraged, by younger parents ( no offense to those that are and have a brain) and older siblings. my sis dress like this and is only 7 months younger than i am. the schools dont help anything either.
So your complaining that when the kids are exposed to sexualized behavior in the mainstream, that its highly different to when they are exposed to it through alt. culture? Isn't that more then a little hypocritical.
No, what Im saying is its better than what they see everyday on the tv, plus a child that wouldnt possibly understand this would most likely be on the bus with thier parents so that they may have a oppurtunity to explain it to the child. If your saying thier too young, then might as well say they cant watch tv either. cause I can promise you they have seen far worse. Againd I go back to my link, would you rather a child saw something like that or would you rather saw somehting that doe ssymbolize trust to some degree.
Yes and how many children do you know that watch the MTV awards, you know what with them being shown after the watershed and all? If I recall MTV's target audience isn't even small children its older teens and young adults. Your point is rather moot.

I know plenty, here is a bit of thinking for you, in soldier boy notice the little kids dancing. Now think a little kid is watching all these other little kids dancing to it. They are going to copy it. They are going to see little kids in these videos and thus thier going to start copying the culture. I see it everyday. Now, mAybe mtv is not directly targeting childern, but maybe a tad bit indirectly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:01 pm
Nikura Uchiha
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha

Well, they do. My 5 year old cousin talks about sex all the time. I know kids who starting having sex at 8 or 9.
Anomalies...the youngest virgins I know of are 12, and how the hell do you have sex at 8/9??The organs don't work like that then, and kids don't start finding out about that stuff (noramally) until they're like 11...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 pm
Surrealys
Diabolic Kung Fu
LOL

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44375000/jpg/_44375325_goths300.jpg

I'm glad something like that isn't a great prob here...
I don't see whats the difference between someone wearing rubber, leather, spikes, net, etc or beeing lead on a leash in public...

When I think about CSD ^^

Okay, I wont go out in such provocative dresses out alone...
But with friends by my side...

Whats the matter...

neutral

I love my lifestyle and out of work Im living it abosluty...
No one would ever dare to forbid me what I wear...
Not even my family.
rofl
That picture is actually kinda hot...

I just don't think you should make a habit of walking around like that. 'nough said.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:11 pm
Nikura Uchiha
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha
Rellik San
Nikura Uchiha

That's revolting.

MortSanglant

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:12 pm
Rellik San

I knew about sex when I was 5. I heard it on TV, asked my mom about it, and she explained it.

Sex isn't something shameful or immodest. Sex is natural. If I had a child and they asked about sex, I'd explain exactly what it was, none of this "watering down" bullshit.

Kids are smart. Before you hit puberty your brain is almost as developed as an adult's anyway in most areas. Not all, but many areas.

Kids can put 2 and 2 together. Kids can reason. Kids can make sense of the world.

My friend's 2 year old is very intelligent. He's starting to read already, he can speak relatively well, he can walk and write his name and a few other words he's seen in books. He even understands the concept that some things have more than one word that can describe them. He knows a little bit of Spanish, even.

My friend's never baby-talked to him, or attempted to make things easier for him to understand. And she's never chided him for asking why, even when it would be easier to do so.

I can't wait until he gets into school. Actually, I can, because they'll probably do horrible things to him. I hate the school system. However, she's talking about homeschooling him until she has the money for a private school, so things might work out pretty well. <3

Sexual fetishes aren't wrong, either. If a kid sees something, it's up to the parent to explain it to them so they understand it, not for the person practicing the fetish to cover up their lifestyle.

The only reason I can see that walking someone on a leash on a bus would be prohibited would be because the leash could get snagged on something. It *is* unsafe, in theory, and in an era where people are tightasses about safety, wearing chains onto a moving vehicle really doesn't go too well.

Simim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:27 pm
Simim
Rellik San

Sexual fetishes aren't wrong, either. If a kid sees something, it's up to the parent to explain it to them so they understand it, not for the person practicing the fetish to cover up their lifestyle.

Simim

This isn't about having a sexual fetish in general, this is about displaying that fetish publicly, without regard for the sensitivity of others. Lets face it, if this was someone being thrown off a bus, because they were wearing a tracksuit and baseball cap, we'd all be applauding the driver. But this, where someone has actually worn something particularly synonymous with sex, wearing it in public would be like wearing a 'Jesus is a c**t' shirt in a cathedral. Or do you consider that sort of thing acceptable behaviour too?  

Rellik San
Crew

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:13 am
Rellik San
Simim
Rellik San

Simim

This isn't about having a sexual fetish in general, this is about displaying that fetish publicly, without regard for the sensitivity of others. Lets face it, if this was someone being thrown off a bus, because they were wearing a tracksuit and baseball cap, we'd all be applauding the driver. But this, where someone has actually worn something particularly synonymous with sex, wearing it in public would be like wearing a 'Jesus is a c**t' shirt in a cathedral. Or do you consider that sort of thing acceptable behaviour too?
I actualy know someone who did something similar to that. That is not the piont if you read the article from an open mind you would have noticed they said it was a sign of trust. Not sexual.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:28 am
Hunter of the Dammed
Rellik San
Simim
Rellik San

Simim

I actualy know someone who did something similar to that. That is not the piont if you read the article from an open mind you would have noticed they said it was a sign of trust. Not sexual.

They can say it's not sexual all they want. The "it's a form of trust" thing is just what they're saying to divert from the blatant sexual nature of what they displayed. Anyone with a brain knows that what they did is a large indicator of their sex life.

What Rellik is saying has nothing to do with him being close minded. It's the fact that there is a time and a place for everything. And I'm pretty sure this couple is old enough to have that common sense. It is my belief that they just did this to get a rise out of the public, which they did.

MortSanglant

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:31 am
MortSanglant
Hunter of the Dammed
Rellik San
Simim
Rellik San

Simim

They can say it's not sexual all they want. The "it's a form of trust" thing is just what they're saying to divert from the blatant sexual nature of what they displayed. Anyone with a brain knows that what they did is a large indicator of their sex life.

What Rellik is saying has nothing to do with him being close minded. It's the fact that there is a time and a place for everything. And I'm pretty sure this couple is old enough to have that common sense. It is my belief that they just did this to get a rise out of the public, which they did.

Rise out of public, tell me how often do you leave your house and decide to do something for attention, unless you really insecure you dont. Now theyve dressed like this before many times before this event happened. So you can understand why they reporte dthe incident. It hadnt happened to them before. At least from the rports information.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff