Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
AMAZING Male Fantasy Characters- Hall of Fame Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:53 pm
Dunsinane Hill
Lady Midori
Heartless Hippie
What Book should I start with, with Tamora Prince? In 22 days I'm heading back to the Library and I know they have some of her stuff but I didn't know where to start, any suggestions?
Why not start at the beginning? I recommend the first book of the Song of the Lioness series, "Alanna: The First Adventure." Then you can move on to the next three: "In the Hand of the Goddess," "The Woman Who Rides Like a Man," and "Lioness Rampant." The next series is the Immortals quartet, with Daine, then the Protector of the Small quartet. Then, if you want to keep going, read Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen. She has other books, set in another world, with other characters, but I never really got into those ones. You might though. She is a good writer. The books are short, so I recommend you get more than one at a time.

Yeah, I think it's best to read them in order. That's what I did, and I think it helped them make sense.

Those are the best! My sister accidentally read Protector of the Small before Immortals, and was way confused.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:25 pm
The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant
God, the list goes on and on.... I just have so many of them. I DON'T KNOW!! Too hard!!! I'm just gonna put a few of my all time faves. Roiben, definitely.(Tithe/Ironside) Edward, of course.(Twilight) Ravus.(Valiant) Fang.(Maximum Ride) Will.(His Dark Materials) Harry.(Gee, I wonder which book he's from...) Bartimaeus.(Bartimaeus) Dustfinger.(Inkheart/Inkspell) I could go on all day...

I agree with most of the people on your list. whee  

Lhia Dunwaith

maidentears

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:03 am
Dunsinane Hill
Underestimated_Angel
Dunsinane Hill

Aragorn - The Lord of the Rings
Not gonna lie, he's gorgeous. And sensitive, strong, intelligent, a leader... *fangirl swoon*

heart

I second your heart , and add a 4laugh

I'll defintely third that. heart in the movies... mrawr. he and Arwen make the sweetest couple in the last one! It was kind of sad though, the other day, I was looking through a magazine in the doctor's office, and there was a thing on the return of 60's style for home decor with her as the model. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo... WHY MUST SHE DEGRADE HERSELF????????  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:21 pm
maidentears
Dunsinane Hill
Underestimated_Angel
Dunsinane Hill

Aragorn - The Lord of the Rings
Not gonna lie, he's gorgeous. And sensitive, strong, intelligent, a leader... *fangirl swoon*

heart

I second your heart , and add a 4laugh

I'll defintely third that. heart in the movies... mrawr. he and Arwen make the sweetest couple in the last one! It was kind of sad though, the other day, I was looking through a magazine in the doctor's office, and there was a thing on the return of 60's style for home decor with her as the model. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo... WHY MUST SHE DEGRADE HERSELF????????

Tut tut, Liv. How could you do such a thing? And after spending like, 3 years of my life wanting to be you so I could kiss Viggo Mortensen? Pfeh.  

Dunsinane Hill

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:26 pm
hmm, i confess my personal favorite is Soichiro Arima from Kare Kano.

he's gifted and strong, and will not let Yukino push him around! and he's a kendo champion.

ya know, maybe we should add images to this topic?

or clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzg_P6E4zQA  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:06 pm
Sure! As long as the page doesn't stretch.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:06 pm
Mmmm. Adding the marquis de Carabas and Richard Mayhew (Neverwhere) and Dream of the Endless (The Sandman). Come to think of it, Nealan of Queenscove (Protector of the Small) is adorable. I had quite a crush on him when I was younger...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:43 am
i also like Constantine from Robin McKinley's Sunshine  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Techno Wielder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 am
Waaaay too many to list, but I'll go ahead and list those whom I can think of at the moment:
Iggy (Maximum Ride. I can't believe everybody favors Fang over him. Psh. talk2hand )
Pyrgus (Faerie Wars)
Artemis (Artemis Fowl)
Grub & Trouble Kelp (Artemis Fowl. I love those two.)
Balthier (Final Fantasy XII)
Sora & Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Madarame (Genshiken)
Joshua & Kariya (The World Ends With You)
Sirius (Harry Potter)
Dusfinger (Inkheart)
Richard (Sword of Truth series)

And... that's all I can think of right now. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:07 pm
Techno Wielder
Waaaay too many to list, but I'll go ahead and list those whom I can think of at the moment:
Iggy (Maximum Ride. I can't believe everybody favors Fang over him. Psh. talk2hand )
Pyrgus (Faerie Wars)
Artemis (Artemis Fowl)
Madarame (Genshiken)
Sirius (Harry Potter)
Dusfinger (Inkheart)

Oooh! There are many, many cool people there. I agree about the coolness of Pyrgus, Artemis, Balthier, Sora, and Riku. We like many of the same people. You must be very cool. I also like Roxas. He's so sweet. heart

Oh, yeah, I now declare that any hot fantasy character named Will is my favorite. I love the name Will. The only trouble is finding one... Any help?  

Underestimated_Angel

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:40 pm
Techno Wielder
Pyrgus (Faerie Wars)
Artemis (Artemis Fowl)
Madarame (Genshiken)
Sirius (Harry Potter)
Dusfinger (Inkheart)

Mmmmm. Siriussquee! Wow, that's really awkward to type  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Techno Wielder
Pyrgus (Faerie Wars)
Artemis (Artemis Fowl)
Madarame (Genshiken)
Sirius (Harry Potter)
Dusfinger (Inkheart)

Oooh! There are many, many cool people there. I agree about the coolness of Pyrgus, Artemis, Balthier, Sora, and Riku. We like many of the same people. You must be very cool. I also like Roxas. He's so sweet. heart

Oh, yeah, I now declare that any hot fantasy character named Will is my favorite. I love the name Will. The only trouble is finding one... Any help?

Oh noes! I have competition for Balthier!!! xd *steals him*

Um... Angel? WILLIAM TURNER!  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 am
Lhia_Dunwaith

He's too hunkalicious to take for myself! The whole world would get mad at me. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:47 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

He's too hunkalicious to take for myself! The whole world would get mad at me. xd

True dat. Thanks for sharing! I found this icon once, with a picture of him that said "Exceptionally pretty when wet". Very true.

I'm desperately trying to come up with other Will's. I know they exist, but they're stubbornly avoiding me right now. mad  

Dunsinane Hill

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:55 pm
Has anyone else read Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy? You know, the ridiculously massive books that probably ate months of your life if you read them? Well, I thought they sort of sucked. I mean, two eight-hundred-page paperbacks followed by a 1,000+ (or was it closer to 2,000...) page hardcover. Too damn long.

However, I must add Prince Joshua Lackhand to this list. He's awesomely conflicted and deep, and was by far the only reason I made it anywhere in those books.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff