Sounds more like texting or IMing....  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 pm
Magic Slays is out! It was awesome. xd  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:24 am
It wasn't her best book, in my opinion. It was still awesome, don't get me wrong, but the ending was kinda... anti-climactic. Usually there's a long, epic battle. This was just, "Oh hey, I eviscerated a guy and watched him die because he was an a*****e" and that was basically all. The entire final battle scene was, what, like half a chapter? Kinda disappointing. But the note at the end was exciting. XD Can't wait 'til the next one comes out! Maybe we'll get a showdown between Kate and Hugh?

And the next Edge book. Fate's Edge? Whatever it was called. September, ahhh! Right, September? Not October or something? I pretty mcuh don't actually read release dates. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 pm
Yeah, the ending was kinda flat. This book seemed to be more about Kate growing up and becoming a responsible adult. But, I liked Kate better when she was a mouthy, trigger-happy merc! I can't wait for the fight with Hugh!

Fate's Edge comes out in December stare  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:40 pm
I know, I liked her when she was really mouthy, too! But I do like how she's changing away from the whole listening-to-her-dad-beyond-the-grave sort of thing. The next book should be exciting. But another year to wait! gonk

December?! She needs to start writing faster!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:41 pm
I know! Why is it the writers I can't stand are super prolific in their writing, but the ones I really want to read only put out 1 or 2 books a year? stare  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm
I guess we shouldn't complain too much, because at least it's quality writing. Unlike other writers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:52 pm
That's what I tell myself: Quality not quantity. But it's still frustrating.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm
Read Fate's Edge. It was good to finally read one where the main male character isn't built like Schwarzenegger and possessive to the point of being a stalker.

I am getting a bit tired of the whole "we hate each other until the last two chapters then suddenly we're madly in love" plot device. Intense dislike doesn't always turn into fiery passion, sometimes it ends in someone walking with a permanent limp.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:28 pm
Oh yeah, I need to get that still. I forgot it came out. n.n"

But yeah, that plot device is getting really tired. I feel like we had a similar conversation about hate-turning-to-love, but with a different author. Briggs, maybe? I don't even remember. XD  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:01 pm
I think so. Biggs and Andrews tend to write along the same lines.

In reading Fate's Edge I realized I'd skipped one (or forgotten I'd read it): Bayou Moon. It wasn't bad. The hate-love thing didn't seem to be so pronounced. Although I completely failed to understand the last little bit where William and Cerise were at their respective homes both moping that the other had left them. It didn't make any sense at all! Nothing in the previous chapter indicated a break-off of the relationship. It was... gratuitous angst! How is that even possible to have?!

I did like how everyone in Cerise's family, from the grandma to the youngest grandkid, went to William and said: "Hi William. So nice to meet you! Welcome to our home! If you hurt Cerise I'll kill you.". They're all insane. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm
I don't remember the moping chapter.... Clearly it's been too long since I read it. XD

Yeah, the hate-to-love thing wasn't as pronounced there, but I feel like there was an unwarranted dislike/distrust of William at the beginning. Or something. I don't remember what it was, but there was something about the relationship that didn't make much sense to me. Meh, whatever.

I liked Cerise's family a lot, though. XDD  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 pm
Curran Vol. 2 is up. It's very serious.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 pm
Ilona Andrews? Serious? XD I'll have to see!

I'm about three quarters of the way through Fate's Edge. I feel like the romance is at last slightly less hate-from-the-start. It's more that Audrey is trying really really hard to fight her attraction to Kaldar (which by the way I pronounce about three different ways in my head, depending on what I feel like doing, and it throws me out of the book every time). So it's slightly more believable than, say, what I remember from Rose and Declan's romance. I'm enjoying the story, too, and Kaldar is quite hilarious. I also like that George and Jack get more time in the book. Jack is a fun character. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 pm
Kaldar is a riot. Audrey, Jack, and George have their moments too.

I like how Audrey & Kaldar are so alike. Like with the ATMs. Both times ATMs are mentioned they're like "Oh man, don't try and steal one of those. I tried. You need a winch, and a truck...." xd  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff