Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
So Who Are your Mains? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:56 pm
Deathguiser
dragwarrior
Deathguiser
dragwarrior
everyone i know that uses sonic, says "sonic isnt cheap, hes just fast!"

Sonic is hardly cheap at all, unless Smash balls are on (In which case his totally overpwered final smash kills everything)

Sonic lacks a valid killing move, therefore you can take a good deal damage and easily kill sonic

isnt it the same with wario or bowser?

Thsoe are survivable with proper staging and manueverability. Super Sponic is 300x faster with more punch. Come on, thats gay.

o ok i know what ya mean  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace
All final smashes are one sided, that's why they call them final smashes.

No they aren't. Several final smashes are easily survivable/dodgeable. Just to name a few: Mario, Link, Toon link, Ike, Meta Knight, jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Gannondorf, etc. Theres more, but I'd have to look at a character list. Sonic has the cheapest final smash hands down.

It isn't a matter of dodging or not, it still gives a character an advantage that the other one doesn't have. Why is it considered cheap when its something in the game?

Let me put it this way: Sonic gets three kills in a second if its a four person brawl. If it is one on one, he'll probably get two if he kills fast enough, which chances are he will. Most other characters will get one-two kills in fourman brawl, and a general 1 kill in one on one, still letting experienced players pull it around.  

Deathguiser

tofumonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:10 pm
Ike and Pit  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:40 am
1. Mario
2. Diddy
3. Ike
4. Lucas

And I usually fool around with Lucario  

SlickMonk

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 pm
SlickMonk
1. Mario
2. Diddy
3. Ike
4. Lucas

how so?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:57 pm
dragwarrior
SlickMonk
1. Mario
2. Diddy
3. Ike
4. Lucas

how so?

Using his attacks while screaming "Hydouken! Kamehameha! KaiĆ“-ken!"  

SlickMonk

Psychoace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 am
Deathguiser
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace

No they aren't. Several final smashes are easily survivable/dodgeable. Just to name a few: Mario, Link, Toon link, Ike, Meta Knight, jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Gannondorf, etc. Theres more, but I'd have to look at a character list. Sonic has the cheapest final smash hands down.

It isn't a matter of dodging or not, it still gives a character an advantage that the other one doesn't have. Why is it considered cheap when its something in the game?

Let me put it this way: Sonic gets three kills in a second if its a four person brawl. If it is one on one, he'll probably get two if he kills fast enough, which chances are he will. Most other characters will get one-two kills in fourman brawl, and a general 1 kill in one on one, still letting experienced players pull it around.

Unless your name is falco/fox/or wolf. If you manage to get at least three kos in a 4 way which is also easy for them your pretty much guaranteed another three kos when they respawn. Let's see who else is like that. Ganondorf you'll max out at like three there. Ike if you hit them all. Captain Falcon again if you hit them all its all about potential and hit and miss and stage location, if your on a large stage is pretty much going to suck for anyone though, including sonic.

Normally if your smart though if sonic does manage to kill you you'll wait out on the respawn as long as you can and most of the time thats just about long enough to wait depending on when he killed you, then theres always trying to ledge hog the edge.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:53 am
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace

Unless your name is falco/fox/or wolf. If you manage to get at least three kos in a 4 way which is also easy for them your pretty much guaranteed another three kos when they respawn. Let's see who else is like that. Ganondorf you'll max out at like three there. Ike if you hit them all. Captain Falcon again if you hit them all its all about potential and hit and miss and stage location, if your on a large stage is pretty much going to suck for anyone though, including sonic.

Normally if your smart though if sonic does manage to kill you you'll wait out on the respawn as long as you can and most of the time thats just about long enough to wait depending on when he killed you, then theres always trying to ledge hog the edge.

You obviously don't get it. Every other character has to try to get a kill. Sonic flys around rapidly, and kills with incredible knockback. Thats a lot better than any final smash, where as most powerful instant Ko's final smashes and limited by speed. And do you know how hard it is to hit three people trying to avoid you with a hit or miss strike? So your arguement about other final smashes really falls short.

Also, Super Sonic, if given his kills fast enough, will still have enough energy to wait out a respawn time, and kick some a**. I'm pretty sure sonic can hit you when you are hanging on a ledge....  

Deathguiser

Katoti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:29 am
I use Pit and Toon Link the most. Occasionally, I use Sonic and Mr. G&W.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:14 pm
In order from best to least best...

1. Sonic ( biggrin )
2. Meta Knight
3. Fox
4. King Dedede
5. Snake  

osujunkie

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:57 pm
SlickMonk
dragwarrior
SlickMonk
1. Mario
2. Diddy
3. Ike
4. Lucas

how so?

Using his attacks while screaming "Hydouken! Kamehameha! KaiƓ-ken!"

o i see  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:27 pm
1. Pit
2. Meta Knight
3. Lucario

Pit is soooooo Awsome.

I OWN as Pit.

Though I'm only a Rookie in terms of experience.
Even though I've been playing since it came out.  

HerpDerpTheTank

3,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

HerpDerpTheTank

3,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:30 pm
SlickMonk
dragwarrior
SlickMonk
1. Mario
2. Diddy
3. Ike
4. Lucas

how so?

Using his attacks while screaming "Hydouken! Kamehameha! KaiƓ-ken!"

Oh, My gosh! That's hysterical.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:36 am
Deathguiser
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace

You obviously don't get it. Every other character has to try to get a kill. Sonic flys around rapidly, and kills with incredible knockback. Thats a lot better than any final smash, where as most powerful instant Ko's final smashes and limited by speed. And do you know how hard it is to hit three people trying to avoid you with a hit or miss strike? So your arguement about other final smashes really falls short.

Also, Super Sonic, if given his kills fast enough, will still have enough energy to wait out a respawn time, and kick some a**. I'm pretty sure sonic can hit you when you are hanging on a ledge....

Unless your ledge hopping to reanimate the invincible frames.  

Psychoace

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:56 am
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace
Deathguiser
Psychoace

Unless your ledge hopping to reanimate the invincible frames.

Good luck with that.  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces