Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Movies / Music / TV / Other Media
The Dark Knight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:48 am
I want a scarecrow mask.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 am
nitnit
I'm pretty sure I said it was amazing/best movie ever etc. quite a few ties. I was just stating that it isn't really a purely accurate representation of the comics (no batman movie has been)

I've always seen movies (of every sort) to be a retelling of whatever it is they are based upon. While films like the Harry Potter series are based on the actual book, most superheros like Batman are merely based on the characters. Therefore, as long as they don't usurp the primary themes of the comics, they can add as many bells and whistles as they'd like.  

Shigeru the Hero

Sky Scorcher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 am
rolleyes I see.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 am
Pay Per Cuts
I want a scarecrow mask.

Nolaneverse two-face mask pl0x  

nitnit
Captain

magnoliac

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm
I really liked the Dark Knight, actually, and I've never been a fan of the Batman movies.

But I like the Spiderman movies better... except the 3rd one. That one kind of sucked. I really liked the second one.

Although I thought the Dark Knight's beginning was a bit boring. But then it got really good! I love the Joker... I'd do him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 pm
The fast paced bank robbery was boring? lol. Yeah, Nolen batman movies are very different than the earlier ones.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 pm
The more I think about it, the more I start questioning the greatness of the movie. I mean, Lucius lived after his cell phone was exposed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 pm
So what?  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:04 pm
I found that to be a bit odd given Lau's situation. Whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 pm
Best movie of the year thus far. I doubt Nolan will be able to top this just because of the situation. Ledger is dead in real life and Two-Face is dead in the movie. I'm wondering who the next villain will be?  

PersianSpice

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 pm
Two-Face might still be alive. They just showed him on the ground, and at the funeral they showed no body, possibility he's in arkham secretly  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:54 pm
Yeah, I heard that. I was hoping for a new villain but after I think about it, Two-Face wasn't developed as much as he could. Better than Venom from Spider-Man 3. Well, anything is better than Spider-Man 3.  

PersianSpice

10volt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 pm
This movie was amazing. It may have been a little too deep for a movie based off of a comic book, but I honestly don't consider this series of movies based off of a comic book. Sure, the character names and setting is the same; but with the serious tone and realistic settings it makes, calling it "based off a comic book" doesn't do it justice.

And Heath Ledger's performance was amazing. I walked out of the theater a little disturbed by the Joker; and if you know me, I don't get scared or creeped out easily. If he does win an Oscar for it, I just wonder who's going to keep the trophy or accept it for that matter.

I don't doubt that Two-Face is alive. The coin showed the non-burnt face up when he fell. That could have been the chance that Gordon's son is alive, though. But, chance did say before the fall that he would live.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 pm
I want fricken Catwoman and Riddler now. Penguin is lame. Doc Oc is lame too. And I still want a scarecrow mask.  

Pay Per Cuts

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 pm
Two Face better be dead. I hate when they don't check the body of the guy that died right next to them.  
Movies / Music / TV / Other Media

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff