Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Random Wii, PS3, and 360 conversation, and chicks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think of Gamer chicks
  their cool to hang out with
  pounce on them before they get taken by anyone else
  not really interested
  they might even look that good(better not pick this one)
  hell their women, you know the answer
View Results

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:31 pm
Actually the world is a pretty ugly place. Which I stated earlier. Also, I find that for those surveys "gamers" is very, very generalized. What was their criteria?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:33 pm
At the arcades here, I see girls holding shotguns, racing cars, and playing DDR, so the female gaming thing is normal here I suppose. There's also a bias here that states that females use DS and guys use the PSP.

I hate the PSP.  

Shigeru the Hero

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:35 pm
Undine Mystic
nitnit
Undine Mystic
I really don't think gender matters when you talk about your hobby, as long as who you are talking to is on the same page.

I have had bad experiences at arcades with boys pushing in front of me to play games, as if I am only there as a spectator and cheer them on or something.

P.S. Killer Instinct is pretty fun!

I was referring to generalizations and stereotypes that are unfortunately typically true. I wasn't saying that I like said stereotypes.

Perhaps you need to get out more and meet some more female gamers then! If the current statistic for female game players is around 40% and you deem the majority of this lot unattractive, then the earth is a very ugly place. Look, most people can be considered attractive with simply a flattering outfit and a nice haircut. 3nodding And I didn't think you liked said stereotypes btw. Unfortunately people tend to live by heuristics that they have created for themselves. For example, a few bad experiences at an arcade for me equates to all boy at arcades being rude. We cannot live by generalisations.

everyone stereotypes one way or another, but as long it does get in the way of you judging people.
People stereotypes us with glasses, obsessed, etc and will have nothing to with us.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:41 pm
You're stereotyping the general public. Stop it.  

Shigeru the Hero

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 pm
nitnit
Actually the world is a pretty ugly place. Which I stated earlier. Also, I find that for those surveys "gamers" is very, very generalized. What was their criteria?

*Sigh* The world isn't that bad, seriously, all some people need is a good scrub and a bit of exercise to look attractive. The main point of the survey was to look at areas in the gaming industry that was experiencing growth as it is an industry worth billions of dollars.

Granted, while at this stage most females may be casual gamers playing on their brother's consoles or playing games every now an then on PC, this target audience is set to expand and change their hours of play and their tastes.

I once did a research assignment on female gamers, there were a lot of female gamers out there, they simply did not want to admit that they played particularly because of all the negative stereotypes that surrounded gamers (both female and male stereotypes).  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:45 pm
Shigeru K

that was the point, it was suppose to be funny, I'm sorry if it was to dry  

Korean Kracker II

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:58 pm
Korean Kracker II
Shigeru K

If all dry humour are dry as word play is abundant, then I must say, good game, good man, for the goodness of not understanding dry humour.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Undine Mystic
I really don't think gender matters when you talk about your hobby, as long as who you are talking to is on the same page.

I have had bad experiences at arcades with boys pushing in front of me to play games, as if I am only there as a spectator and cheer them on or something.

Maybe it's because I didn't go to the arcades often enough or something, but I've never seen those kinds of assholes before. I guess I'm lucky.
I grew up playing with boys during most of my youth, I've never had much fun with girls. Which is why I think girls in general are boring. But that's another story for another time. rolleyes
Killer Instinct was awesome! I miss playing as Timberwolf, almost busting my thumb just to see if I can pull off some combos or whatever. Good times.
Stereotyping is EVIL. evil It's probably why the world is becoming ugly. Assumptions, bad experiences, and all that bad crap is polluting the way we see others. I ignore all that bull and try to see others as a unique individual, not a generalization.
Damn it. Now I'm gonna dwell on this for a while. Thanks alot. stare

Mezzo_Forte

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:02 pm
Shigeru K
Korean Kracker II
Shigeru K

All dry humour are dry as word play is abundant. Then I must say, good game, good man, for the goodness of not understanding dry humour.

lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:08 pm
Mezzo_Forte
Undine Mystic

Maybe it's because I didn't go to the arcades often enough or something, but I've never seen those kinds of assholes before. I guess I'm lucky.
I grew up playing with boys during most of my youth, I've never had much fun with girls. Which is why I think girls in general are boring. But that's another story for another time. rolleyes
Killer Instinct was awesome! I miss playing as Timberwolf, almost busting my thumb just to see if I can pull off some combos or whatever. Good times.
Stereotyping is EVIL. evil It's probably why the world is becoming ugly. Assumptions, bad experiences, and all that bad crap is polluting the way we see others. I ignore all that bull and try to see others as a unique individual, not a generalization.

Aww, at least you recognise that stereotyping is a bad thing. (>'.')> During my childhood, forget trying to find girls to play video games with, I couldn't even find guys! Most people I knew grew out of them, I can't believe it! Luckily my best friend who is a girl still likes playing, though time is an issue nowadays.  

Undine Mystic

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 pm
Undine Mystic
Mezzo_Forte
Undine Mystic

Aww, at least you recognise that stereotyping is a bad thing. (>'.')> During my childhood, forget trying to find girls to play video games with, I couldn't even find guys! Most people I knew grew out of them, I can't believe it! Luckily my best friend who is a girl still likes playing, though time is an issue nowadays.

true, its all true crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:18 pm
Wow. I've taken my gaming buddies for granted. We're really multi-everything when it comes to anything here including gaming. My usual gaming friends are of all races, sexes and ages lawl.  

Shigeru the Hero

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:23 pm
Shigeru K
Wow. I've taken my gaming buddies for granted. We're really multi-everything when it comes to anything here including gaming. My usual gaming friends are of all races, sexes and ages lawl.

Lucky you. Very lucky you! All I have is my sister, and she can't play with me atm, because she is studying crying . I like to make friends online and on forums though!

I have made a few friends online so I can play multiplayer, at least!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:27 pm
I don't really know any guys that think like that, they just play games with whoever willing to play.
But I bet their are a lot of guys that wants to feel superior to woman in some way, so they stay in their little corner repeating the words "women aren't good at games". 3nodding  

Korean Kracker II

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:35 pm
User Image

Ya'll are lucky!! I only have my lil sister and brother. And my sister only plays when she feels like it, and sometimes my lil brother is TOO good to play with. I feel very uncomfortable when I see my friends outside school. Only time I see them is my birthday. They bring Halo 2, Guitar Hero 2, DDR, and one time one of them brought their Wii because I didn't have one at the time. Now that I've realized the truth, I feel lonelier.
crying gonk crying gonk crying gonk crying
User Image

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas