Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misses Prongs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:23 pm
{D.a.v.i.d.} {C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n.} {H.a.l.l.}

User Image

"Just what I was thinking!" David said grinning. "In the very back...hmmm.." He said smiling mischieviously, and waggling his eyebrows. "Lets go!" He scarfed down a few more pieces of bacon. "I will meet you in the library in 15 minutes, I just have to grab a few things out of my dormitory." He gave her a wave before exiting the Great Hall and heading for his dormitory.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:33 pm
User Image
Briget May Grant

"Yeah same here like i need my books" she said as she leaned in kissed him on the cheek "see you there" she said as she walked out of the great hall. A few guys stopped her on her way to her dorm but she ignored them and continued. After grabbing her books she headed through the halls towards the library.  

Domina Incognita

Shy Sex Symbol

11,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:20 am
Lily | Luna | Potter

Said I forgot, but I did not
Dreams we have had play in my head
Did we believe the cry of the wind?
Did we regret? Would we forget?

User Image
The Great Hall wasn't as crowded as it was during the week. Lily wondered how many of her friends were sleeping late. Giggling at the though, she walked to the Gryffindor table and sat down, as she always did. She liked being there by herself, not minding having to read a good book while she ate. So she took some scrambled eggs and bacon and a biscuit, and started eating. She still felt a little drowsy from the Dreamless Sleep potion that Madame Pomphrey had given her the night before, but it was the sort of drowsiness that she knew would wear off during the day. She would probably feel back to her normal self after she had breakfast. And it was the weekend! That meant she could spend the whole day with her friends. Well...when she wasn't trying to finish her homework, that is.

While she ate, she continued to read Peter Pan from where she left off the other day. She hadn't had a whole lot of time to read during the week. Classes always made her so busy. She barely had time to be with her friends. Taking Arithmancy and Ancient Runes was tough, since they both gave so much homework. So she was glad to have this chance to finally sit and read. She was just at the part when Peter Pan convinces Wendy to come with him to the Neverland. It was terribly romantic the way Lily imagined it. A nursery, with a large open window, Peter taking Wendy by the hand and guiding her to the door and saying, "So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!" Wasn't that just lovely? Lily sighed, wishing that she was Wendy. She wished that she had a kiss hidden in the right hand corner of her mouth, just waiting to be given to the right person.

The idea made her giggle a little. There was no such thing as fairy dust, even if there were fairies. And there was no such thing as hidden kisses meant for one person. However could you find that person? Of course, it would be perfectly simple if he just waltzed into your bedroom through the window, whispering in your ear about some magical place called Neverland while you slept. It couldn't be so simple. Perhaps Lily would try sleeping with her window open that night. Another giggle. Another sigh. The Wizarding World wasn't half as magical as the book she had in her hands. It was far more enchanting than anything else she'd ever read.

When the post came in, Lily put her book down and picked up a letter that was obviously from her father, for it had his sloppy handwriting on it. He hadn't gotten much better, even as an adult. Regardless, she opened it and began to read. She was always glad to get letters from her parents.

Lily,

How was your first week back at school? Your mother has been fretting over you and your brothers for the past week. You know how she gets, so it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to send a letter to her. Just like her own mother, she is. Well, have a great first weekend. I just thought I'd check in for now. Now don't slack on your homework just because it's the weekend. Love you.

Love,
Dad

Lily smiled and tucked the letter into her pocket. Her mother always worried about them for the first week that they went back to school. This got a bit worse when Lily started school, since she was the youngest out of all the children. Plus, while Harry was at work, she didn't have anyone to distract her from worrying. They've been trying to convince her to play professional Quidditch again. Lily would write her a letter as soon as she was done with breakfast. She couldn't have her poor mother worrying all weekend. She missed her mother and wanted to hear from her too. Smiling, she continued to eat.

Winters have come and gone you know
But I’ll miss you young and sweet
For a dance round the memory tree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 pm
Edward. Anthony. Mason.

User Image

Edward smiled as she leaned in and kissed him lightly on the lips; he cupped her cheek for a brief moment, for the kiss ended quickly, and let his hand brush against her cheek. Kisses, quite addicting after you realize they’re better than hugs. He chuckled at her comment. “I find myself very attractive too” he responded, a somewhat cocky smile on his face. He was partly joking, yet partly serious; however, he’d never really dated a guy therefore he couldn’t comfier either. Weird.

Edward acted shocked when she asked him if she could stop being lonely. Yet chuckled ever so slightly. “Of course you can….kitten.” he responded softly. Gah, that cute French accent again! So adorable, he wanted to wrap his arms around her in a bear hug and never let her go! This brought on a couple thoughts, what if after time went by she didn’t fancy him anymore? He couldn’t force her to stay. That was what would happen. Of course, then he’d mopped around his school probably. He felt her hand push his hair out of the way of his face and looked down at her. This fazed him back to reality, he needed to live in the now! Not wonder what if, if he did that, he’d bee to over protective of himself for one. His illness. Edward smiled down at her, regardless of the fact that his thoughts made him want to frown.

Edward pursed his lips together, it was so obvious that she was lying, but why? He didn’t mind, he liked the shirt, sure but really she was more important than a hilarious shirt. Much more important. If he wasn’t so busy being distracted by her cuteness, he probably would’ve been shocked that she had even asked that! Of course he would, that was a given. He’d do anything from sitting by her bed when she was sick to kicking Voldemort’s arse if he happened to rise from the dead. That was unlikely to happen but he’d still do it if it ever happened. Edward smiled softly. “Of course, hell, I’d strip down to my boxers and parade around if you’d like.” he said chuckling. He watched her turn back to her fruit after telling him not to if he liked it; well yes, he did like it. However he had the urge to do it anyway, just to prove his point. Somehow he held himself back, entertaining himself by twirling Katarina’s hair on one of his fingers gently.

Kiki somoko

Kiki somoko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:35 pm
Rosalie. Marie. Taylor.

User Image

Rosalie changed her coarse, thinking maybe a nice morning at the lake would be nice, however as she reached to door outside she came to a halt. Her pale green eyes specked with blue peered up at he sky as it wept wet tears. At least that was always how she saw rain. The earth was crying, crying for the lost souls, and crying for the many that would follow them. She lifted her arm up and extended it, a couple rain drops falling on her hand, she sighed. However her gaze went back up to the sky as she pulled her hand back. Quickly, she turned heading back into the halls; rainy days always made her sad, because of how she saw rain. Life and Death, the life of people, animals, and plant life; where it killed as many as it saved. It was sad, the one thing that people needed to survive could also kill them so easily.

Rosalie shivered as she walked through the school, on to the Great Hall. Whether she wanted to go or not, she had to, otherwise she’d starve. Maybe Cage would be there? Or maybe she could somehow sit with Gregory? She’d grown a bit attached to the two, considering they were technically her first two friends. If she was correct about them being her friends at least. After you’ve tasted the sweet nectar of company, you just want more, you don’t want to go back to the lonely life you lived. She pursed her lips together, arriving at the Great Hall. She scanned the room, seeing neither of the two she sought. A sigh escaped her lips once more, alone, again! She took a seat at the end of the table; she proceeded to place various small portions of food. Then, began to prod them with her fork, eventually getting to the part where you lift your arm and stick it in your mouth.

A frown painted Rosalie’s face once more. It was raining outside! They couldn’t go to the Quidditch Pitch, she had absolutely no excuse to got and hunt them down. Her fork hit the bottom of the plate as she forcefully stuck her food, a bit too hard. It made a bit of a clattering noise, which gave her a couple looks. She bite her lip and pushed herself out of her chair. Today was an off day, all because of the rain! Well, maybe not, she couldn’t blame the rain. She slung her small bag over her shoulder and left the Great Hall. Her shoes clacking on the stone floor in the hall once more. The rhythm was a bit of a comfort, yet it didn’t dismiss her mood. How wet would she get if she tried to go to the Owlery? She wanted to send her mother and father some letters, tell them how she was doing. Regardless of the rain she headed that way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:45 pm
User Image
~Katarina Dominique Durange~

Katarina giggled lightly at his finding himself attractive too. "Your so cute!" she told him cheerfully. "I love your adorable-ness" she continued with a bright smile on her face.

Katarina loved it when he called her kitten. It was the cutest yet smexiest nickname ever. "Are you ok darling?" she asked him seeing that he was deep in thought. She took his hand and held it strokeing it with her thumb slowly and gently.

She laughed lightly flipping her hair out of her face with her free hand. It ended up being a flirty gesture more than just flipping her hair out of her face. She laughed. "You really want to do zat don't you?" she asked him.

Domina Incognita

Shy Sex Symbol

11,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:02 pm
Will we lose it someday?
I want to protect you and that disappearing smile
The ringing voice that calls me dries out
Even if it gets erased by the wind along time
I will find you...

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory Leo Wood strolled down the many halls of the school in order to get to breakfast in the Great Hall. The procrastinator had actually stayed up quite late last night in order to get all of his weekend homework done with so he wouldn't have to worry about while hanging out with his friends. Feeling extremely groggy, Leo decided it was best not to speak with anyone on the way there since he did not want to accidentally come off as rude or anything of the sort. To be honest, the first week of school had been more annoying than any year before. He realized that the main reason was either that the first-years were shorter than before or that the announcement of the Yule Ball had driven everyone to finally notice members of the opposite sex. Everywhere he looked some couple was leaning against a wall with their tongues tied together. It was hard for him to keep his eyes open when walking from class to class, but sometimes they even did that in class! Had they no decency to do it in private or on their spar time? Unfortunately, since it was the weekend there would be even more people flirting and kissing in the halls.

As he lethargically strolled down the hallway leading to the Great Hall, Gregory accidentally bumped into a group of Durmstrang students heading out from breakfast. His shoulder managed to bump into one of the huskier boys and they all immediately turned around to glare at him. It was if they all had some sixth sense that tied all of them together. Most students would be quite frightened by this behavior from foreign students, but Gregory had found himself in some ugly situations before and always managed to walk out of them. The husky boy he had bumped raised a stern finger at him and muttered, "Vatch vhere you are going! You vouldn't vant your pretty little tie to get dirty, vould you?" A sly smirk spread across Leo's face as the group of boys glared at him while waiting for his answer. To be honest, the Ravenclaw sixth-year had been waiting all summer to put some arrogant b*****d in his place, but the headmistress wouldn't appreciate him breaking friendly alliances with the other schools.

"Alright, I'll vatch out next time..." he simply replied as he bowed his head, spun around on his heel and headed into the Great Hall. A grin spread across his face when the image of their shocked expressions came to mind. That's all it took to get bullies off of your back, just stand up for yourself or ignore them. anyways, they had probably spent their first week here at Hogwarts picking on the first years and skipping class. Losers like that didn't deserve the privilege of free education and knowledge, they just ruined it for everyone else. This behavior was to be expected since Durmstrang had a history of raising violent and dark people. They weren't all bad, but most of the ones you heard about were. Gregory strolled into the Great Hall while shaking his head in pity for the group of losers he had recently ran into. When he looked up to see who was here already, Leo could not help but feel a little disappointed. Just like during the week, several students were locked in flirtatious conversation and/or making out with each other. Can't at least one place be safe from all this? The Room of Requirement could help him out, unless some else found it and needed it for something Leo didn't want to even think about right now. But, he didn't need its aid that badly, so Gregory would probably never come across it.

Gregory's disappointment had been lifted when he noticed Lily at her house table once again reading a muggle classic. With a smile he strode over to her and took a seat beside her. None of the teachers cared that he rarely sat at his own table this year, but some of his Ravenclaw acquaintances had been a little bothered by it. It wasn't his fault they weren't as fun to be around. Lily seemed extremely into her book at the moment so Leo decided that he shouldn't bother her. He sat there quietly for a couple of minutes, watching the dark clouds on the ceiling drift back and forth from the wind. Then he realized that she would probably ask him if he had asked Rose to the Yule Ball yet. It had taken him so long to build up the courage to ask her and when he almost did, he freaked out and had to rush to class. With a sigh of disappointment, Gregory slammed his head down on the table and muttered, "Why do I have to be such a spaz?" He could feel several eyes turning to see what he had done, but he really didn't care at the moment. All he wondered was if anyone had thought that Lily had slammed his head on the table.

Then the morning's owl post fluttered in through a window above the swirling clouds hovering above them. Various owls swooped down to deliver mail to many of the students joyously eating breakfast around the room. Most of the people receiving mail were first years and people who had entered their name into the Goblet of Fire. Then Leo's heart jumped when he felt heavy talons land on his head. As he quickly sat up, the large barn owl hopped over onto his shoulder. Ryo, Gregory's loyal barn owl, had finally delivered some mail to him. Unfortunately, all Leo found tied to his companions foot was a rolled up issue of the Daily Prophet. He had really hoped his parents would have sent him a letter or something, but he figured they were busy with their Quidditch careers and he hadn't exactly wrote anything to them either. Soon after gently sliding a piece of bacon into his mouth, Ryo flapped his large wings and fluttered back out the window all the owls had came. Why had be been given an issue of the one newspaper Leo despised? Turning towards Lily after she had finished a letter she recently received, Gregory held the paper out to her and asked, "Do you want it?"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even though I keep on falling,
You laugh and help me up every time
As I board the vacant back of the bus
You flash me a small smile
I must place my trust in you...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:24 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

User Image
Lily was grateful for the comfortable silence that Gregory had offered her while she was reading. It wasn't that she didn't have time for him. Of course not! She wanted to interrogate him about Rose as soon as she possibly could, but she was at a particularly interesting part of her book. One of the Lost Boys--Tootles his name had been--shot poor Wendy right out of the sky with his bow and arrow. It was all Tinkerbell's fault! Lily didn't like thinking that perhaps fairies weren't always as nice as they seemed, but maybe there was certain merit to Tinkerbell's side of the story. She, after all, had been pining over oblivious Peter since he'd gotten to the Neverland. Who could blame a girl who was desperately in love?

Then she heard Gregory's exclamation. Looking up from her book, she smiled at him. "Oh, I guess that means you didn't have the guts to ask Rose out yet. It's okay...for now! I mean, you still have a lot of time to do it. But, come on! What if you're chosen as the Hogwarts champion and you have nobody to bring to the Yule Ball? Rose is a cute girl. Any guy will come and sweep her off her feet if you're not fast enough," she said with a giggle, knowing he would be embarrassed. What she said about Rose was right. The same, however, was not true about herself. She was the daughter of the legendary Harry Potter, but that did not make her any more desirable to the other gender. Lily was generally type-casted as 'The Friend'. Nothing more. But she was okay with that. She liked having a lot of friends. Believe it or not, her hormones were raging like every other person in the Great Hall. Seriously, it was starting to get sickening. And Lily didn't usually mind...but the PDA was really getting out of control.

When he offered the paper, she shook her head. "No thanks. I don't read the Daily Prophet," she replied with a smile. After hearing about all the lies that they put in that paper about her father, she was a little prejudice when it came to the Daily Prophet. And that Rita What's-Her-Face was still writing, even though she was an old broad now. No, Lily found it difficult to believe anything that was in that paper.

But back to the Rose situation. "Anyway, you need to ask her. Soon. Today! Ask her today! Just go up to her and ask. She'll say yes. I promise! You know, I was talking to her about it during the feast the first night and she got all embarrassed and flushed. That means she likes you too!" she said happily. Somehow, Lily was good at playing matchmaker for other people when she couldn't seem to do it for herself. Was there something wrong with her that she couldn't find herself a suitable date to the Yule Ball? Perhaps she was simply too picky.

youLOVEamelia
Captain

nefarious e

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:35 pm
User ImagePяoƒessør Aℓexїs Kяuм
ġoτ α мe§sαgε iη мy ħεαd τħατ τħε pαpεrs ħαd αll gone, Richαяd Mαηuεl is dεαd

Alexis walked up to the Staff Table in the Great Hall, feeling quite happy. It had been a good first week, what with the new first years actually paying attention in class, and the older kids setting nothing on fire... well, almost nothing. There had been one incident but she supposed some kids were just like that.

She sat down at her place at the Table and looked around. Almost immediately, she spotted some of the students messing around, playing keeping's off with one of the first- or second- years, she couldn't quite tell which. She flicked her wand and the object zoomed out of the older student's hand. The would-be-victim looked around, saw her, poked his tongue out at the bullies and then ran off.

Alexis made a habit of helping out when she saw that sort of thing going on, mostly because she had had a few incidents like that herself. Small and with a slight Bulgarian accent, she had been the perfect target for some of the more... tenacious students.

Alexis reached for her food, and began devouring it as quickly as she could without looking like an idiot. Hogwart's food always tasted better to her. Sitting next to her was Nixie the Arithmancy teacher. They had been in the same year level, and had several classes together. "Hey, Nixie," she said. "What's up?" She noticed a letter in her hand. "Who's that from, Chris?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 pm
~*Nixie Lilac Becker*~
Professor of Arithmancy

Something's growing under that wing
I think a face is dawning
Oh no the books are growing faces
And you're lost quite classically
With your nose in a book
And it seems so fitting

User ImageAt first, Nixie was surprised when she heard the voice of Miss Alexis Krum addressing her. She'd been in a sort of self-induced daze to keep the worry from really hitting her. Chris would be looking for her. And as if she wasn't worried enough already, Alexis had even brought the subject up. Of course, that wasn't her fault. It wasn't like she knew what had been going on in Nixie's life the past few years. Most people just assumed that she and Chris married and had kids and that was the end of it. But that, of course, was not the case.

Nixie smiled softly at the woman next to her. "Good morning," she said in a very calm tone of voice. She was good at covering up her worries. She had quite a bit of practice when she was hiding her bruises. "Yeah, Chris and I broke up. We just didn't work out. He doesn't seem to understand that though...Men..." She laughed a little. It was more of a titter actually. The last part of her comment was more to bring a bit a female comradeship into the conversation as well as a bit of humor. Maybe that way she would be asked anymore questions about Chris. She thought the word 'breakup' was a bit of an understatement. She had flat out left him. It was about time. But an abusive relationship was never as easy to leave as one would think. Nixie knew that she would have looked on herself in disdain if she were any other person. Who would let someone touch them like that?

"How have you been, Alexis?" she asked, wanting to start up some friendly conversation. Since this was her first year teaching at Hogwarts, she hadn't yet caught up with all the other teachers. Though she and Alexis weren't particularly close in school, they were in the same year and were consequently in a lot of the same classes. It was nice to see a familiar face though she was new to the staff. She'd also recognized Teddy Lupin and Victoire Weasley among the other teachers. It was so strange to see all of these people grown up. She remembered when they were first years and magic seemed so new to them. Now they were teaching the new generation. It was an important job too. These people would someday run the wizarding world. Frightening, no?

And perhaps this is the end we've sought after for so long
And perhaps now it's done
Cause we've found all entire dreams
Of men and machines and
Turned them all around our
Indentical hands
Composing our commands

youLOVEamelia
Captain

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:03 pm
Will we lose it someday?
I want to protect you and that disappearing smile
The ringing voice that calls me dries out
Even if it gets erased by the wind along time
I will find you...

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory's face turned a bright shade of pink as Lily explained to him that it would be quite embarrassing if he was chosen as the Hogwarts Champion and showed up to the ball without a date. what got to him the most was that she had noted how any guy would come and sweep her off her feet soon if he wasn't fast enough. What she had said was too true for him to like. Rose was an attractive girl and by the display in the Great Hall, many guys would soon approach her. He needed to ask her before it was too late, but could he actually build up the courage to do it for real this time? "I know, I know..." he sighed as he filled a glass with some juice and hastily gulped it down. He had been fretting over this for the entire week and it had lost him some sleep at night. "I...I'm just not used to this kinda stuff!" This was almost too true! Even when the girls had seen him undress aboard the train, Leo didn't think anything of it. But when the headmistress announces the tournament and the traditional Yule Ball, everything goes into hormonal chaos.

Quidditch would have been a enjoyable distraction from all this, but the unexpected rain had ruined his plans with his new Huffelpuff friends and the first game of the season wasn't close enough. Gregory just wished the champions would be chosen already, so he could either speak with them or plan on how to overcome the first task. If only he knew what the first task was! To his surprise, Lily dismissed his offer to give her the newspaper. Almost everyone in the wizarding world enjoyed reading the false articles and strange rumors. Then he remembered the Rita Skeeter had ruined several lives back when Lily's father was in school, so she would probably detest reading such rubbish. Leo was somewhat embarrassed that he had asked her, so he pulled out his wand and set the center of the paper on fire. The scorch marks ran all across the newspaper until it was nothing more than a pile of ashes.

Adding to Gregory's stress, Lily explained to him that he certainly had to ask Rose today. The problem was that he did not know how to ask. He didn't want to just waltz up to her and tell her they were going to the ball together! But she was right, Leo had to find someway of asking her today before it was too late. Hopefully she hadn't found anyone while they were discussing the matter this very instant. Luckily, his thoughts were scattered when Lily revealed the conversation she had with Rose the first night here. "She does?" That was the only thing he could manage to say, and he felt completely stupid for saying it. The distressed sixth year pocketed his wand before any of the staff could see he had it out and shoveled a heaping of eggs onto his empty plate.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even though I keep on falling,
You laugh and help me up every time
As I board the vacant back of the bus
You flash me a small smile
I must place my trust in you...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

User Image
Lily sighed at him. "Nobody's used to this! We're all teenagers with raging hormones that we have no idea what to do with. I don't think Rose really knows what she's doing either. So you have to go right up to her and ask her. Yes. Just do it. If you think about it too much then you'll chicken out. You're both shy, so if you take the initiative, I think she'll really appreciate it," She explained truthfully. She wanted to make sure this happened. He and Rose would make a cute couple, but she was positive that they were both too shy and embarrassed to ever say anything. If Lily had someone that she liked, she thought she would go right up to him and tell him. She didn't like when people played games. She preferred being straightforward and seeing where things stood. If Rose or Gregory didn't make a move soon, they would just give up without even finding out that they liked each other!

Of course, Lily's big mouth happened to take care of that. Hadn't Rose asked her not to mention this? Woops! "Er...well yeah! But you can't tell her that I told you that. Of course, it's for the best if you ask me. Now you can be confident and walk up to her. You'll go to the Yule Ball together and then you'll fall in love and live happily ever after!" Why was it that Lily was so fixated on everyone else's happily ever after and not her own? Maybe she'd been reading too many fairytales. She really wanted Rose and Gregory to get together though. It was important to her because she wanted her cousin to be happy! She would make sure this story had a happy ending, right? Not like that of Peter Pan. Not so bittersweet as all that.

"Maybe we should plan the way you're going to ask her. I think we should pick a certain place where it's nice and calm. Like maybe by the lake. Oh, but that wouldn't work today because it's raining. Rain is only romantic if you're kissing in it, like all the muggle films. Oh, but you might be!" she said with a giggle, knowing Gregory would be embarrassed. "But maybe somewhere drier would be better. Oooh! I can't think of anything." She frowned, hoping she could come up with a better place to do this. "Hmmm...we might have to compromise on location, since this school doesn't have one romantic inch to it. It's not like you're proposing to her I guess." She hoped if that ever happened, she would also get to help him plan it. "Anyway! You should just start talking to her. You know, like a conversation. Start talking about the Yule Ball or something. And then you can ask! Perfectly smooth. And you already know that she'll say yes, so there's nothing to worry about." She smiled brightly at him, knowing that this was going to be a success.

youLOVEamelia
Captain

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:37 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds
User Image

Listening to the third year ramble on was not as fun as she’d hoped it was. Soon the girl she was speaking with seemed to be repeating herself. And of things that were completely irrelevant to most everything. Soon salvation came. There was a voice from behind her, quickly looking behind her the girl noted the boy who stood before her; Well behind her. As he spoke the girl’s almond eyes lit up. Finally something to get the child before her to be quite. She smiled warmly towards Albus as eyes glanced to the Gryffindor boy. She cared not what they were doing at this point. Albus was a nice boy and they shouldn’t hold such hatred towards him. She only hoped her brother would feel the same as she. If her brother did not. She felt that a lot of pranks and mishaps would befall the Potter son. Slightly gazing off to her own the girl finally caught what Albus had said and nodded briefly. ”Sure, I was almost done here anyway.” the girl said solemnly before glancing to the third year and nodded a bit. ”I’ll see you later, alright?” With that Riley stood from her spot on the Slytherin table.

It was hard for the girl not to notice the eyes around them. Quite a few people had began to gaze at the two standing up. It was not unusual for people to stand in the great hall, but many of the Gryffindor’s along with the Slyherin’s had seen the boy come and address Riley. This made her feel slightly awkward. Never the less she looked to Albus Potter and began. ”Would you mind going out into the hall then? It’s sort of odd for all the eyes on us at the moment.” With that said Riley began her way from the great hall. Ignoring the eyes as she went she wondered what the boy had to say. She wondered if it had any thing to do with the day prior. She sure hoped not. He’d not spoken to her since then, so she wondered if she should be bracing herself for that, or not?

Once closing the door behind her the girl looked to Albus. She wondered if the boy was quite alright. He seemed rather odd at this point. His face seemed confused. Or worried? She was not sure actually. It was rather curious. Whatever it was she hoped all was well. Glancing to her shoes the girl felt odd. She thought it had to be about yesterday. She’d not stood up for the boy only let him be spoken of as though he was inferior. The girl felt terrible. ”Listen. Albus, I am sorry for Yesterday.” Letting a brief pause pass the girl began again. ”A lot of those in Slytherin are as people in our past.” The girl stopped again. She was struggling with what she was trying to say. She knew her family would disapprove of any relations with the Potter family. The girls eyes gazed now at her brown tennis shoes. After this she would need to take a stroll to the lake, or anywhere. Looking back at Albus the girl spoke again. ”Well see. I don’t think it’s a wise idea if we hang out. You know? My family is rather set in their ways…” She trailed off and tried to keep herself from just walking off. ”Well. You see..Um.” She now was struggling with her words and how to say things. Standing up straight and brutally she found some words. ”Albus Potter.” She said firmly looking forward to him. Letting a great lie sweep through her voice she spoke. ” I wish not to speak to you again. Understand? I wouldn’t even imagine being a friend of the likes of you. Now leave me be.” The girl then looked straight ahead and turned around from the boy. Walking back in to the great hall she found a seat once more. Ignoring the glances from others she took a cup of Pumpkin juice and began to drink it. As she did so a few of her friends noted she was ignoring the whole situation and began to speak of normal gossip they’d acquired through the day

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:27 pm
User ImagePяoƒessør Aℓexїs Kяuм
ġoτ α мe§sαgε iη мy ħεαd τħατ τħε pαpεrs ħαd αll gone, Richαяd Mαηuεl is dεαd

Alexis frowned at Nixie’s comments. Something about it just seemed wrong, fake. Her laugh, for instance. Since when did Nixie titter? Not that Alexis had really heard her laugh a lot – they had normally been on different sides of the room in class - but it still seemed forced. And the wording – it sounded like something of a bad Muggle television show, the ones her mother watched for laughs. Then again, maybe she was imagining things.

“I wouldn’t know about the whole ‘men’ thing,” said Alexis softly. Alexis had never really dated, during or after her time at Hogwarts. Her mother found this ridiculously strange – after all, what person had only been on three dates in her entire teenage years? It wasn’t that Alexis wasn’t interested in guys – she was as straight as they come – she just hadn’t found a guy she liked who liked her back. Her mother seemed to take this as a personal affront and used every trip home as an opportunity to matchmake her. Last time she had come back for a visit, her mother had thrown a party that consisted of pretty much every eligible guy in town.

”I’m fine. My dad’s been sick recently. The doctor says it’s just nerves, what with the Tournament coming back. You remember what happened last time – don’t you?” In fact, Viktor Krum had been in a constant state of panic, sending letters off to half the Ministry of Magic, demanding information, dates of the tasks and a list of all the security measures they were putting in place. When Alexis had mentioned in passing that she was considering going to Hogwarts to teach, Viktor had jumped on the idea and sent off an application for her straight away. After that, he had calmed down enough that her mother, Alexandra, had stopped worrying that he was going to die from a heartattack.

nefarious e

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:32 am
~*Nixie Lilac Becker*~
Professor of Arithmancy

Something's growing under that wing
I think a face is dawning
Oh no the books are growing faces
And you're lost quite classically
With your nose in a book
And it seems so fitting

User Image
Nixie smiled, though on the inside, she was worrying about being too obvious. She would have to be careful about what she said and how she said it. It couldn't sound to scripted or people would know there was something wrong. Besides, nothing was wrong! Not anymore anyway. She left him and that was that. Hogwarts was the safest place to be. So she didn't have to hide anything like bruises anymore. She could really just be herself and not worry about the consequences of her actions. She couldn't live if she had to fret over Chris and his whereabouts everyday. If she kept thinking about it, people would notice her acting strangely, especially Alexis, who had at least known her a bit in school. And the girl was smart.

At the other teacher's comment, she laughed a more real sounding laugh. "You know, I don't think I know that much about the whole men thing either to be completely honest," she said quite truthfully. "The only person I ever dated was Chris and he turned out to be a dud. So what do I know?" It was true. All of her friends thought they had been the cutest couple. Of course, they were quite cute before their troubles began. Now that Nixie looked back on it, she regretted not dating other people. She felt like she just stuck with Chris because she was used to him. That turned out to be a bad life choice. "Maybe none of us really know as much as we think we do."

It was easy to listen to what Alexis had to say about her father and what else was going on in her life. Everyone knew that Alexis' father was the Durmstrang Champion, Viktor Krum. It was sad to hear he wasn't in good shape. She nodded to the teacher. "Yes, I heard all about it back when we were back at school. It makes me a little nervous, myself, with this tournament coming up. I just hope the administrators are a little more careful this time when making sure the events are safe," she said truthfully. Everyone knew that the night the Cedric Diggory died was the night that the Dark Lord returned. So having the tournament again made everyone a little nervous. "I hope your father is okay. Can't blame him for being nervous over the tournament. I'm sure Mr. Harry Potter and Mrs. Fleur Weasley will be as thorough with making sure the tournament is safe, especially since their kids are students here."

Nixie wondered what the children of Harry Potter thought about the Triwizard Tournament coming back. Or what Harry Potter, himself, thought. The kids were probably excited. She was sure their names, except for the youngest who was not yet old enough, would go into the Goblet of Fire. But surely they knew what they were getting themselves into after the stories they had to have heard from both of their parents. Right? She certainly hoped so. Nixie remembered that the children of Fleur Delacour--now Fleur Weasley--were also here now. But so was Vitoire as a teacher. It would be interesting to see who of this generation would be chosen as the champions for the three schools.

And perhaps this is the end we've sought after for so long
And perhaps now it's done
Cause we've found all entire dreams
Of men and machines and
Turned them all around our
Indentical hands
Composing our commands

Other Places Inside and Outside the Castle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash