Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
~*If you had a child what would you name him/her?*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever heard of Unter Null?
  YES!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!1
  yes... they suck!
  No?!? who are they?
  I'm just in it for the gold.
View Results

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:07 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
XWraith_LordX
Okay, but......

can we have a vacation home in Germany? 3nodding

Well....errrr....umm.....about that.....ya see....I THINK WE SHOULD LIVE THERE TOO!
Danke!!!! Ich liebe dich!!!! blaugh  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm
twilightrosegarden
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/superhappymusictime/294233352_d0c1ba3d99-1.jpg
stare I was joking.......  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:08 pm
boy- Mordrik

Girl-Fairlight,Tilly  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm
see, i know it seems crazy, but i really do like names from mythology. they actually have meaning, unlike "Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii". gawd, i would kill myself if i had that name.
but how bad would it be if i named my daughter after a goddess? or a flower, or a jewel? or some beautiful abstact quality that i doubt she'll ever have like Chasity or Hope? does that make me as bad as the parents who name their kid "Yeah Detroit"?
if my name was Aphrodite, i would be much happier. besides, there's no telling whether or not your child will even like the name. just...stay away from something ridiculously hard to spell and pronounce and live with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:41 pm
Honestly, not all children like their names.

My mother's first name is Virginia...she goes by Ann, her middle name.

I happen to like my name. My name is Nokomis Ann Marie Demon Snape. I LOVE my name more than anything.

I was the ONLY person in school with the name Nokomis. There were at least 10 Jennifers, 5 Jessicas, 3 Aprils....I mean, I was glad I wasn't one of many. I want my children to have unique beautiful names with semi-normal middle names so they have that choice when they grow up.

If Severus Alan Bradford doesn't like his name, he can go by Alan Snape if he desires (My children will have MY last name). I won't push him to keep Severus as he grows...but I would hope he loves it as much as I do.  

NokomisSnape

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 am
male:

Cain, Michael, Edward

female:

Raven, Michaela, Victoria, Valentine  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:16 am
IY_and_MCR
master_maji
girl... Pandora

boy.... Strife, or Anarchy "narch" for short.

umm do they allow names like that?

Not in New Zealand, they don't.

Anarchy may not be as bad of a name as Fish and Chips, but I would at least try to give my hypothetical kid a name that wouldn't get it beat up every day.
Unless you hate your kid, in which case names like Ravyn and Midnight are right up your alley.
umm i hope for a girl... that way i could spoil her xp ... if i did have a son... might be like my family... not good  

master_maji

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:10 pm
master_maji
IY_and_MCR
master_maji
girl... Pandora

boy.... Strife, or Anarchy "narch" for short.

umm do they allow names like that?

Not in New Zealand, they don't.

Anarchy may not be as bad of a name as Fish and Chips, but I would at least try to give my hypothetical kid a name that wouldn't get it beat up every day.
Unless you hate your kid, in which case names like Ravyn and Midnight are right up your alley.
umm i hope for a girl... that way i could spoil her xp ... if i did have a son... might be like my family... not good

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with...anything, but good luck with the eventual gene mashing.

Anyway, my point was mostly about people who are putting their interests first and thinking about how it would effect the kid last.
There's a difference between an interesting name and a name that is just batshit insane. At least when parents dress a kid the way the parents want the kid can just change their clothes at the end of the day. When a kid changes it's name there's like...papers and s**t.

Not to mention the practical issues. Learning how to write "Spirit Jewl Midnight Rose" would be terrible when a kid is in kindergarten.
It'll be even worse when people throw out all the applications they fill out because everyone thinks it's a joke, right along with all the parents who think it's funny to give their kids a pun for a name.

One of my favorite names is Nadia. I'd hesitate to name a kid that, even if it's nothing compared to some names I've come across.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 am
I live with an unusual name, and quite frankly I am very successful and did not get picked on when I was a child. And I love my name, I love what it means. I find everyday names to be worn out, and it teaches them to "go with the flow", "fit in", and "Be Normal". Instead of teaching them you are unique, you are your own person, and anyone who tries to teach you that being "normal" is the way to go, is a very miserable person on the inside and the only joy they get is from bringing you down.

I am well known by thousands of people and I am more infamous because I have an unusual name, if I had a name like Jennifer, Ashley, or Amanda people wouldn't know me the moment they heard my name. They would be like "Ashley who? I know a lot of Ashley's ". But the moment they hear my name they are like "Ohh yeah? I have heard of her."

See my point is that some of you on here are quick to pass out harsh judgment because not everyone else adheres to your way of life. But you need to open your eyes and see the truth for what it is. We all have the ability to be good parents, and something as simple as a name, is not the deciding factor of that. Furthermore People can have unusual names and be successful.

So instead of making fun of the names that other people like, why don't you just post the names you like?

Here are some more of my names:
Girls: Sakura, Yumi, Valhalla
Boys: Tetsuo, Sirius, Adaiha

Scarlet Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Scarlet Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:28 am
~*word*~  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:36 pm
I currently have one son. His name is Drake.

I've always wanted to have a son named Damien Elijah and a Daughter named Zara Eden.  

littlegirlrai

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:46 pm
Scarlet Monroe
Stuff

Assuming this was in response to twilight and I, I'll respond accordingly.
It's fine to have an interesting, or uncommon name. It's rediculous to pick a name that is batshit insane for the sake of being batshit insane.

A man says that he invented a machine that is comepletely unique and has never been built before. The machine shaves chickens, smashes them into a pulp, and then throws them across the room.
He misses the point that no one has ever made this machine because it's ******** stupid.
Picking uncommon names is fine and dandy, you just need to make sure you're not shaving chickens when you do it.

Not trying to harsh your mellow, but I'm scared to death of how many kids would be named Myspace if people didn't think of what that would actualy be like to live with such a name.
Engelbert Humperdink made it look easy, but it doesn't always work that way. I know it's not his real name. Sssh.

But now this is gaining potential to get distracting to the thread (and I've kinda lost interest) so I'm done with this side topic.

On topic
I also like the name Sandra, and most names that end in "ia".  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 pm
ps.

naming your kid after a character from a popular book, or anime series is not clever, or creative.  

This Old Oscillator

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:59 pm
Scarlet Monroe

Girls: Sakura, Yumi, Valhalla
Boys: Tetsuo, Sirius, Adaiha

Valhalla as in "hall of the slain?". neutral

Make sure she dies bravely in battle so she can go there and help fight in Ragnarok.... 3nodding  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff