Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:12 pm
Nadreth
I've always wanted to say that
Greetings and good greeblings. (I know how you feel, I've always wanted to sat that myself.) ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:26 am
Hello, one and all! My name is DartStriker, on Gaia anyways. I'm 16 and love grammar. I use to think it was cool to "Txt Talk", and got sucked into it fairly quickly in my early days of Gaia Online. I enjoy Warhammer 40,000, and everything that comes with it. Although my dearest interest is still and will always be Halo. I like to write Fan Fictions, and background stories for both of them, but most of the time I'm to busy playing one or the other. The worst part of school is Spanish, which I'm not very good at, not to say it is a bad language in my own retrospect.
My musical interests are mainly Classical, Vivaldi is my preferred artist.
His four-season soundtrack is by far more worn out then any of my others from use.
I franticly wish I could play the violin, but due to the cost I am hindered from this and resort to doing other things.
-Dart  

DartStriker

x-ImperfectPrincess-x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:38 pm
Welcome to the Gaian Grammar Guild! (That's what this place is called, correct?) So far what you have contributed is very intriguing and impressive in my eyes. So anyways welcome!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:45 am
Hello, I'm a literate (or else I wouldn't be in the guild) person and I hate "txt tlk", it bugs me oh so much. Just call me prize if you want. My interests (in real life) include: soccer, TV (occasionally), computer, hanging out with my friends, reading, singing (but i hate my teacher... she wants me to do district chorus I'm a soprano 1 bishies), and swimming.  

~prize_in_the_box~

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:46 pm
Welcome to the guild, Oracle. I hope you enjoy your stay.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:09 pm
Wow, I can't believe I joined weeks ago and didn't introduce myself. So, all about me...

Well, once upon a time...oh no, wait, you probably want the short version.

I'm a 29-year-old Canadian chick with a somewhat younger American husband. I'm a Pagan, a tabletop roleplayer, and a theatre geek. I have an honours BA in English and an MA in interdisciplinary Humanities. I teach English and Theatre at the local university on a part-time basis. I spend way too much time arguing what might be called "women's issues" around here.

I guess that's me in a nutshell. Hi! Can you help me get out of this nutshell, please? smile  

ProfessorZed

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:22 pm
Inorder to receive help, you must help yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:34 am
My name is Helen, and I come from a suburb of Chicago. I want to be a proofreader. My pet peeve is disrespect while teaching others grammar. I cannot stand seeing a "Grammar Nazi" blatantly disrespect another person, even for the sake of grammar.  

Cerulean Crayon

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:03 pm
Hello, I am metalmalzan, previously lquidmalzan. I am currently (questing for just gold). I am (now 15) years old, dedicated to save the vowels movement, and love F.F. Chopin for his awesome piano compositions. I love manga and anime, paticularly Fullmetal Alchemist. I try attend the Anime Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center (where I started my intrest in FMA).

Rammstein is my favorite band. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:56 am
Hello, I am Poison. I am Oralce's sister and I'd like you all to know that I am thirteen and she is twelve.
We are both quite intelectual for our ages and I think that chatspeak bothers me more than it will ever bother her because she used to use it.
I think I got her out of the habit. xD
I luff joo too, Oracle. xD

omri_sc

~prize_in_the_box~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:30 pm
[p.O.i.S.o.N]
Hello, I am Poison. I am Oralce's sister and I'd like you all to know that I am thirteen and she is twelve.
We are both quite intelectual for our ages and I think that chatspeak bothers me more than it will ever bother her because she used to use it.
I think I got her out of the habit. xD
I luff joo too, Oracle. xD
SEESTER! *glomps*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:25 pm
Hello, I am Athena, but I prefer to be called by my alias name Jasmine Landers. I am a literate 14 year old and I live in the state of Texas. I enjoy manga, novels, and Shakespeare's works. (Hooray for Romeo and Juliet!) My all time favourite mangas are Yu Yu Hakusho, -FAKE-, Eerie Queerie!, Descendants of Darkness, and Gravitation. As of now, my favourite novels are "Dreamcatcher" by Stephen King, "The Harry Potter Series" by J.K Rowling, and "Cirque Du Freak" by Darren Shan.

I am also a theatre geek. I say this loud and I say it proud! I love theatre arts and all of the performing that we do. As of now, the group that I am in is performing three ten-minute plays on the 2nd and 3rd of December. These three plays are "The Philidelphia", "Brights", and "Duet for Dog and Bear."

I also am a huge country music fan. My favourite artists as of now are, Keith urban, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, and Lonestar.  

[-T h e a t r e.G e e k-]

master cool of coolington

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:53 am
salutations all! I'm a big fan of formal introductions. My name is Erica. My old gaia name was "SupEr ica" (if that helps anyone recognize me). I'll admit it.. i used to be a big "txt tlk"er in my newbie days. However, now that i've been on gaia for a while.. i understand and appreciate the importance of grammar.

I enjoy reading. i enjoy being introspective. I find it hard to talk about my interests without sounding pretentious, so i'm going to stop right here. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:06 pm
Welcome to 3G. Make yourself at home and have fun!  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

jaeann

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:04 pm

Hello everyone! I just joined this guild so I though I would introduce myself a little. Hmmm... well, I'm 23 and I've recently started an MA program, which keeps me, well, I would say busy, but I think "frantic" might be a better word. I have many hobbies and interests, which makes it hard to choose a few to list, but I think I will go with calligraphy, children's literature, cooking and role-playing. Yes, that seems like a nice selection.

I am happy to see that there are other people who are concerned about the readability of grammar on the internet! I am actually also quite impressed that there are people who are under, say 16, here- I guess I suffered from the bias that anyone 15 or under was all into the txt speak thing, and seeing that it is not so restores my faith in humanity a little. heart

Well, I think that's all I have to say for now. I look forward to talking to all of you!

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff