Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Worst personal videogame ******** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 am
I let my little brothers play my PS2 unattended. sad When I came back, my 100% completed 144-hour file had become a 30-minute file.

WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE USED NEW GAME+!? scream

Oh, and Mr. Hanekoma in WEWY. You lose focus for one second and he hits you with his omgwtf4000damage attack. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:56 pm
Oh, jeez, where do I begin? I let my little cousin play my Pokemon Yellow and he saved over the file I had just completed the Pokedex on. That took a lot of trading with my also completed Red and Blue to fix. And the time I cloned the wrong way in Emerald and cloned my only Master Ball out of existence. It was a while before I got another one, but by then I'd perfected the technique.

Or when I finished Twilight Princess and decided to start again immediately, only to make my second save on the new game in slot 1 instead of slot 2. Or even more spectacularly, forgetting to back up my save files before sending my Wii in for repair. Yeah, still working on that one. Partway through Brawl, finished with Twilight Princess, and halfway through Galaxy. Ahead: Paper Mario (1 and 3), Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, and so many others.

Or when I was testing out the GameCube memory card I suspected to be busted and I totally corrupted and lost my Metroid Prime file. Luckily, the card could be read from just fine, you just can't write to it, so I got a new card and all I lost was Pokemon XD (stupid copy lock equaling move lock) and Metroid Prime.

But the worst, the absolute WORST video game blunder I've made was putting my DS in the front bottom pocket of my backpack. Now the top screen is cracked and I still haven't gotten it fixed, so all I can play is bottom screen only stuff, like most of Animal Crossing and GBA games (which I usually use the top screen for, but whatever).  

GuruGuru214

Awesomedeltaextreme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:30 pm
I was about to get 100 percent on drums on expert on Detroit Rock City, when my douchebag of a friend comes over and mashes on the green and bails me out, the game even said "99% complete" I always shove him out of the room whenever I play on expert now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:09 pm
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue.... got upto Alpha..
and then i dropped my gba and the cartridge flew out...

i played it again too see if everything was ok and my save file was gone D_D  

Jiggly Type

DragonKazooie89

Invisible Explorer

22,575 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:28 pm
I was able to get to the end of Eliwood's story in Fire Emblem and the battery corrupted. OMG no! And what's even worse that I ended up losing it one day at the doctor's office.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Well the first one might not be on me, but I went to spend the night with a friend and when i came back my silver version had a new game on it, and I had pokemon from my blue version on it. I literally threw my GBA at my brother and gave him a black eye.

One that is on me is when I play monster hunter I occasionally forget half the items I need..... and then fail horribly. crying

P.S. (not really a ******** up... its far past that)-- My brothers gave the memory thingy (sorry i dont remember its real name) in the front of my 64 to their friend.... because they lost theirs and their friend said it didnt need it to work so i have no 64 now, and they dont even TOUCH my DS and if they throw the wiimote out of anger I'll commit murder.  

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Zeds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:22 pm
My biggest video game ********? Its not nintendo, but its my worst.
World of warcraft, I was cleaning up my account of all these level 1-9s I'll never use and I deleted my main (at the time) a level 35... back then the company who owns WoW only recovered deleted level 40+

... As for nintendo... my coursin deleted my pokemon save while I was half way through the elite 4... :[  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:49 pm
To start, (A few of these aren't really my fault, but they are still pretty frustrating) my bro deleted my DK 64 save file about a million times and it literally took me a year just to get past Fungi Forest,

My stepbrother deleted my save file in Spyro: Season of Ice for the GBA when I had about 95% done, or very close to it,

My "friend" supposedly lost my GBA in his toy trunk right before I moved, and it had my 2 in 1 Rayman Advance & Rayman 3 game in there just as I was only missing 1 cage to be able to go to the candy place I really wanted to reach,

I deleted my Sonic Adventure 2: Battle save data for more space I didn't even need and when my friend later let me burrow the game I didn't have the Chaos I was so attached to emo ,

and my least favorite of all, my lost FF3 DS. I got all the way through the storyline in that game and was actually training to beat the boss that you have to fight underwater, and thanks to losing my game, I will never experience if he really was another summoning creature without cheating =(.

Oh wait, one more I just remembered:

The Megaman & Bass cartridge of hell!

My friend let me burrow his Megaman & Bass game and as soon as I got a chance I played the heck out of it and actually managed to get to the last boss, but since this is the CARTRIDGE OF HELL, all my savedata didn't last for more than 30 SECONDS before being deleted.

I was heartbroken after that, and I know it doesn't save because of the battery, but damn, I was devastated =(

Rimas LXBYA

muzuka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:32 pm
It wasn't me who actually erased my SSBM file twice. It was my mom's babysitting devils who did it. I unlocked everything all over again twice all the same. Why it was my fault was because I let it happen twice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 pm
Does this apply to games on gaia? Because I remember one time when I was playing pinball and you first let the ball in. You know how the cow and the two extra fences pop up for the first ten seconds? Well, one time when the ball was around the cow, I somehow got it so that the ball went under the cow and down into me losing a ball. I was like WTF??????? So yeah, that was pretty bad. If anyone else had this happen or feel my pain, please quote.  

wariodude128

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:47 pm
Worst video game f**k up. Hmmmm... oh. I once died three time on the very first goomba in the very first world on the very first level in Super Mario Bros.

I was stuck on the rails in Super Paper Mario and tried everything to get past that rock in front of the tracks. Blowing it up, hammering it, and even becoming invisible. Turns out I had to just flip. (NEVER FORGET THE 2-D-3-D FLIP!!!)

Never beat Super Mario 64. Ever....

I almost got Chaunsy in Luigi's Mansion in gold but the little b*****d escaped just at 10 points! D<

I recovered at a pokemon center in yellow 20 times in a row believing that it made my pokemon stronger (6 years old)

(Not mine, a friends)
He was going up the stairs in Final Fantasy 7 and got fed up with it after a while so he handed it off to another friend. He took one step up the stairs and got to the top XD!

Thats all that I remember right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:20 pm
My worst ******** up was FFVII, but it was my bro's fault! scream
I had all the summons, done all the side quests, got my characters to lvl 70, and my bro saved over it because of this stupid rapid save thing he does, where he's barely looking at the screen, but knows which buttons to press; the problem was that his card was in slot 2 and mine was in slot 1!!! stressed
He did the same exact thing when we were over at a friend's house, and he was playing FFVII there... we were both pretty pissed at him for a long time, cause it was just recently that he had deleted mine, and my friend and I ganged up on him.
What hurt the most about this file, was that I had gotten by on a lot of luck, that allowed me to accomplish everything I mentioned above without spending tremendous amounts of time on it.
I had perfect chocobos, for crying out loud!!! gonk
I caught 2 chocobos, and they were the best you could get wild chocobos at, and their offspring were nothing short of perfection!!! crying
I couldn't will myself to start over, I was a broken man after that... it happened about 10 years ago, and it still hurts whenever I think about it emo
Yeah yeah, I know, I'm old xp

TidesoftheSun

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Black Ice Anti-Hero

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:43 am
A few day ago I left my Wii at a friends house. They decided to play Animal Crossing. I get there the next day, my town is gone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:47 am
Buying Blue Dragon.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:15 pm
So basically the lesson most of us have learned here is to be overly protective of our games and not share with anyone because others can't be trusted to take good care of our toys?

That reminds me, one time, a few years after the Pokemon Yellow incident, my cousin was over here with his mom and sister to housesit for two weeks while we were on vacation. I let him play my GameCube, but I hid my good memory card. It's been a while since then, and by now I figure he's old enough, and if he trusted me to crack open his 360 to try and fix it (especially knowing how much I loathe the console), I can pretty much trust him with anything of mine.

Except my laptop. That's hands-off to everyone.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff