Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Hey guys? I done it again! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My best zombie tale so far?
  Misery, Missouri (Worst pun ever!)
  Running North (Only put up one chapter...)
  Stumbler Sickness (That'd be this one)
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 pm
Freak_090
Call me crazy, but that chapter reminded me of Half-life 2.

Hm. I played through Half Life 2 recently and didn't notice anything like that. The closest I could think of is Father Gregori leading Freeman through the cemetary area.

That was a fun part. biggrin

I'm sure you recognize quite a few similarities between this part and one in Misery Missouri, though.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:34 am
Wait, the M1903 had a laser...?

ETA: It just occurred to me that I should ask you if you'd copypasta the story and post it in the Z-day guild's War Stories subforum or, failing that, allow me to copypasta it and steal all the credit give you appropriate credit. I'm sure those guys would love it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:49 am
ArmasTermin
Freak_090

Hm. I played through Half Life 2 recently and didn't notice anything like that. The closest I could think of is Father Gregori leading Freeman through the cemetary area.

That was a fun part. biggrin

I'm sure you recognize quite a few similarities between this part and one in Misery Missouri, though.

Well, mostly the Father Gregori part, but also when people take in the Free-man to hide him from the Combine.

Also, F@#% RAVENHOLM!!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:06 pm
Fresnel

I didn't see where he said it did. Unless it was changed before I read it.

@Armas: Great job as usual. Only thing is didn't Neil have a sword as a last resort?  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:11 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel

@Armas: Great job as usual. Only thing is didn't Neil have a sword as a last resort?
"Then he returned the device and drew his revolvers, stepping past Neil. Two tiny, red dots appeared on the heads of the advancing legion, dancing momentarily before the dots were replaced with the bursts of popped red gelatin balloons where there heads used to be."

I assumed the red dots were from snipers. It wasn't until much later that we learned his pistols had lasers, and when the sniper rifle came up...  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:33 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel

"Then he returned the device and drew his revolvers, stepping past Neil. Two tiny, red dots appeared on the heads of the advancing legion, dancing momentarily before the dots were replaced with the bursts of popped red gelatin balloons where there heads used to be."

I assumed the red dots were from snipers. It wasn't until much later that we learned his pistols had lasers, and when the sniper rifle came up...

Hm, well darn. I guess I know what's happening, so it's all clear to me, but I have to point out every little thing to the reader because they're not in my head. I'll make it more clear now See this is what makes you guys awesome, not just the "Great work" but the "You did this wrong" so I can fix things. The revolvers do indeed have lasers, mounted under the barrels on the S&W M&P R-8 accessory rails.

The sword will be used pretty soon and for a specific reason. That's about... two chapters from now. I didn't think getting closer to the horde would be any of an advantage, not to mention he'd either be in the line of fire or Ridley and Eagle would have to have stopped shooting.

Oh yeah, and was is a good scene with Felix bringing the others to the pile of infected that he and Charity had created so they could be out of the way as the RPG sailed overhead and blasted the hole in the building? I really liked that scene when I was writing it. Did you guys like it? heart  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:48 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel

Hm, well darn. I guess I know what's happening, so it's all clear to me, but I have to point out every little thing to the reader because they're not in my head. I'll make it more clear now See this is what makes you guys awesome, not just the "Great work" but the "You did this wrong" so I can fix things. The revolvers do indeed have lasers, mounted under the barrels on the S&W M&P R-8 accessory rails.
You did mention that, but by that time it was firmly ingrained in my mind that it was a sniper's laser, and it didn't register.

Quote:
The sword will be used pretty soon and for a specific reason. That's about... two chapters from now. I didn't think getting closer to the horde would be any of an advantage, not to mention he'd either be in the line of fire or Ridley and Eagle would have to have stopped shooting.

Oh yeah, and was is a good scene with Felix bringing the others to the pile of infected that he and Charity had created so they could be out of the way as the RPG sailed overhead and blasted the hole in the building? I really liked that scene when I was writing it. Did you guys like it? heart
I liked it, but I wondered where a civilian got a working Russian RPG.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:51 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel

You did mention that, but by that time it was firmly ingrained in my mind that it was a sniper's laser, and it didn't register.

Quote:

I liked it, but I wondered where a civilian got a working Russian RPG.

That'll come up later.  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm
Yeah, it was rather confusing about the lasers on the pistols. He was wondering where the shots where coming from yet the guy is right next to them with revolvers. Now, this would make sense if it where the sniper because she would be a ways away. but when someone is that close it would be pretty obvious.

I don't understand how the pile helped them if they where in between a pile of bodies and the wall about to get blown up. Maybe I read it wrong but that's how it came off.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:15 am
Freak_090
Yeah, it was rather confusing about the lasers on the pistols. He was wondering where the shots where coming from yet the guy is right next to them with revolvers. Now, this would make sense if it where the sniper because she would be a ways away. but when someone is that close it would be pretty obvious.

I don't understand how the pile helped them if they where in between a pile of bodies and the wall about to get blown up. Maybe I read it wrong but that's how it came off.

Well the distance between the building and the pile was maybe fifteen-twenty yards. The idea was to temporarily stop up the flow of zombies and use the blockage as a way to get away from the wall without getting eaten. Then the wall could get blown up.  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:20 am
ArmasTermin
Freak_090

Well the distance between the building and the pile was maybe fifteen-twenty yards. The idea was to temporarily stop up the flow of zombies and use the blockage as a way to get away from the wall without getting eaten. Then the wall could get blown up.
Ohhhh... OK, I get it now, i was thinking that it was supposed to shield them from the blast.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm
Freak_090

It reminded me of the first story stare

Yea, I remember  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 pm
Sgt Buckner
Freak_090

Yea, I remember

I never had a chance to play the first HL..

sad  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:24 am
Freak_090
Sgt Buckner
Freak_090

Yea, I remember

I never had a chance to play the first HL..

sad

I think you can get the whole thing, HL 1 and all expansions for $20?
Maybe less.
I'll check on steam.

Yeah, you can get the 'anthology' for $15

Mind you if you get it through Steam and only download the copy, but the games individually fit on a standard CD and Steam usually has a fast download rate.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff