Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Circle Casting - do you or don't you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:53 pm
I definetly cast circles, always, because I'm a danger magnet. Stuff always attacks me, doesn't matter if it's mundane of magical.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:35 am
Not Like It Matters
I definetly cast circles, always, because I'm a danger magnet. Stuff always attacks me, doesn't matter if it's mundane of magical.

There's something to be said to that. There are things out there that are more likely to attack a heavily shielded or warded person/object/space, on the theory that whatever is being so heavily protected has to be worth cracking the shell on to get at. By layering on protection, you're making yourself a target - some entities will assume you're hiding something from them, some might take the excessive shielding as a challenge, and others will simply want to cause trouble.

Basically: if you make yourself too obvious a target, you are always going to be attacked - whether that's being openly unguarded and incautious, or going the other way and being over-protected.

I suggest perhaps finding a middle way - one or two things that help deter the worst of it, and dealing with individual situations as they arise.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 pm
Well even though I consider myself wiccan I am an odd mix of polythesism and eclecticism. I have found a balance of what I think is right, for most any spell or ritual I find that I cleanse the space I am working in, open my circle around me in a circular fashion though I have always imagined it as a small orb that surrounds the entire space that I am working in. And I also tend to envoke the elements and any friends spirits that wish to join me was I work.
Though not everything I do is so elabroate, I may simply light a candle or start an incence stick to envoke a feeling of quality into the room or my life. Then I don't find a need to do such when it is so simple a task.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:17 pm
Morgandria
Not Like It Matters

There's something to be said to that. There are things out there that are more likely to attack a heavily shielded or warded person/object/space, on the theory that whatever is being so heavily protected has to be worth cracking the shell on to get at. By layering on protection, you're making yourself a target - some entities will assume you're hiding something from them, some might take the excessive shielding as a challenge, and others will simply want to cause trouble.

Basically: if you make yourself too obvious a target, you are always going to be attacked - whether that's being openly unguarded and incautious, or going the other way and being over-protected.

I suggest perhaps finding a middle way - one or two things that help deter the worst of it, and dealing with individual situations as they arise.

Thats actually a really good way of thinking about it, I would have never thought of it that way.
hmm.
you make wonderful points.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games