Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
STRATUS'S 100K GIVE AWAY CHAT/GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PEOPLE COUNTER
  +1
View Results

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 am
dronze
redhamster121
They are as I call it - gaming (video games),

Introduce them to Warhammer 40,000 (the tabletop miniatures game). Sure, your house will smell like plastic glue and Acryllic paint (Ahh, what an amasing smell...), but, it'll encourage creativity as well as eat up a lot more of their time (as well as getting them away from the idiot box).

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:
or waring (air soft wars)!

Do yourself and the rest of the world a favor... move them up to paintball.

Airsoft is for immature frat boys and weenies.

Other than that, it sounds like you've got some pretty good kids, red.

hehehe you said weenie  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:44 am
dronze
redhamster121

Introduce them to Warhammer 40,000 (the tabletop miniatures game). Sure, your house will smell like plastic glue and Acryllic paint (Ahh, what an amasing smell...), but, it'll encourage creativity as well as eat up a lot more of their time (as well as getting them away from the idiot box).

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

I miss paint ball with a passion, coming home covered in seeping welts, best year anda a half of my life. you never forget your first time being hit... ill tell ya heh.  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

Blind Hodd generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 326!

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 am
before you ask we stopped because the place we plaied at sold out to a development. sad thing is that was almost the day before the housing sector lost any momentum it had and it stopped being profitable so now it just sit there... and we cant really play anywhere else because that place was special. it had ary equpiment strewn about school buses pieces of tanks, ammo crates, even an old junked out single wide trailer for assult. everywhere else seems kinda....well lacking. except for a place called scrimmige so smething of the sort, but thats quite a drive away.

also sorry for the bad grammar im tired, so it's going to suck.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm
fubar0
dronze
redhamster121

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

I miss paint ball with a passion, coming home covered in seeping welts, best year anda a half of my life. you never forget your first time being hit... ill tell ya heh.

lol, i miss paintball too. i've only played it once in my life b/c i live in a city and am pretty much bounded to within its limits most of my life thus far.  

Ronzalpha201

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Never played the game myself. There is a paintball field within driving range of here. For awhile my bro played the game with my cousins. My cousin Anthony, his brother and sometimes a few of his friends. Would get together to play paintball. That didn't exactly last for long though. The cool looking paintball gun, masks and equipment. Are just sitting up in his room gathering dust.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:46 pm
dronze
redhamster121

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions dronze. They are pretty great kids but I am a little biased. biggrin

They have begged me for the paintball guns and paintballs ect. but they are very expensive around here and it also cost to go to the paintball arena. I do not mind them being a little immature or even weenies right now. Believe me they will make the transition soon enough. I guess the reason I like airsoft better is because it is a little more controllable for me. My son and his friends just turned 14. I am not ready for them to be hangin out with a bunch of older teenagers (those who frequent the arenas around here). My hubby, bless his heart, is a computer geek thru and thru and can not stand paintball! He is also busy with his job. xp

I will look into this Warhammer thing although I do not know if I want my house to smell that way! smile

red  

redhamster121

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:13 pm
LanceCalvis
Never played the game myself. There is a paintball field within driving range of here. For awhile my bro played the game with my cousins. My cousin Anthony, his brother and sometimes a few of his friends. Would get together to play paintball. That didn't exactly last for long though. The cool looking paintball gun, masks and equipment. Are just sitting up in his room gathering dust.

clean it off and give it a try, belive me you wont regret it.  
redhamster121 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 655!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:23 pm
I forgot to try for the game prizes! blaugh  

redhamster121

Blind Hodd generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 998!

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:14 pm
me too. but i never win anything anyway.....maybe cause im too much of a defeatist... gonk  
FrozenCube-----4eva generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 72!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm
fubar0
me too. but i never win anything anyway.....maybe cause im too much of a defeatist... gonk

na, there will be one day wen you win, always. Sooo close btw 998 blaugh  

FrozenCube-----4eva

seng1985

Brainy Bookworm

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:23 pm
Got my prize. A thousand thanks stratus. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:58 pm
redhamster121
dronze
redhamster121

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions dronze. They are pretty great kids but I am a little biased. biggrin

They have begged me for the paintball guns and paintballs ect. but they are very expensive around here and it also cost to go to the paintball arena. I do not mind them being a little immature or even weenies right now. Believe me they will make the transition soon enough. I guess the reason I like airsoft better is because it is a little more controllable for me. My son and his friends just turned 14. I am not ready for them to be hangin out with a bunch of older teenagers (those who frequent the arenas around here). My hubby, bless his heart, is a computer geek thru and thru and can not stand paintball! He is also busy with his job. xp

I will look into this Warhammer thing although I do not know if I want my house to smell that way! smile

red

eek if you consider 14 old then i must be really old! eek  

Ronzalpha201

Glompster Monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:01 pm
???  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:40 pm
redhamster121
dronze
redhamster121

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

red
Believe it or not, you're actually LESS likely to find the usual juvinile delinquents at a paintball field, and those that do go tend not to be back. As far as the game being expensive, however, it's only as expensive as you make it. Get your kid a pump gun, and your cost for paint goes from $50-$80 per day (assuming 1 case per day use) to being able to split a single bag for a weekend's worth of play ($8-$15, usually, depending on the field). The other great thing about paintball is that you can do it as a family... hit the field with your kids and drag the husband along too, it's a good way to bond and have something in common with your kids.

As far as the smell of plastic glue and acrylic paint, it's not a generally strong or persistant odor (except where you store your miniatures), and Testors makes a non-toxic plastic cement that smells quite citrusy... kinda like that OrangeClean stuff.  

dronze
Vice Captain

LanceCalvis generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 249!

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:21 pm
Happy Birthday TkdauronXIII.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items