Twilight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:38 am
books were mediocre. i only read half of the first.
the movie was full of lolz.
the only thing that bothers me are the fangirls who ask if i have"edward" on my buttons, tell me i look "just like alice", scream about edward and "emo boys", and act like they are misunderstood and all that.
i realize not all fans are like that, but i have met enough to form an opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 am
The books are, quite literally, nothing more than the wet dream of an overweight, sexually repressed Mormon.  

Lucifer Over London

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:17 pm
Lucifer Over London
The books are, quite literally, nothing more than the wet dream of an overweight, sexually repressed Mormon.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:28 am
Moved to Multimedia.  

GilAskan
Crew

Nik Ballion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm
Infection XIII
Lucifer Over London

the movies. well it was so bad that I was wasted when I watched the movie. I was at home, drinking a bottle of a beer after a beer and chain smoking. I'm not proud of myself but I've spent around... let see 6 bottles of beer and 1 pack of smokes (thank gawd the movie was downloaded so I didnt spend anything)... thats like 6*7=42kunas on beer and 20kunas on skomes, ok in dollars thats around ... 62 Croatian kune = 11.991544 U.S. dollars
crap. 12 bucks for that crappy night.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 am
Lucifer Over London

Truest thing I've seen here.
The books suck. I couldn't even read the first one, and I did try because friends of a friend wouldn't shut the hell up about how much they loved edward. I'll never watch the movie as I have no intention of pausing several minutes in only to go vomit in disgust.
The fiction is crap, and the fangirls are a blight on humanity.
But then again, I'm probably being pretty harsh.
Yep. Harsh. Statement still stands.  

Draco Vampir

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:54 pm
The Twilight Saga is a guilty pleasure for me.

The hype is ridiculous.
The writing is atrocious - how many times do you need to use the verb "deliberate", honestly?
The concept is overdone and corny.
The acting in the movies is awful.

And I know all this. Yet, I find myself enjoying the books and the movies.

While I think the glittering in the sunlight is stupid, I admit that the concept is a nice take on why vampires can't be in the sun. Instead of it hurting them, it shows that they aren't human. I think it's a neat interpretation of the age old vampiric symptom.

Anywho, it's a love/hate thing with me. I could sit and bash Ms. Meyer, her writing, her concept, and the actors who portray her characters, and in the same sitting I could stupidly gush about how I love the damn stories and am excited to see New Moon on Black Friday. ********!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:42 am
The books were ok, but the movie is horrible! The only reason I watched it in the first place was because my friends cousin played a small part. I hope the fad ends soon aswell.  

Official Gothic Chick

Undistinguished

Romantic Gawker

14,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:38 pm
heart

Though, werewolves are the reason why. 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:36 pm
I don't know why you're all grilling the movie. It was perfect.

I mean, Stewart's acting as an unbalanced soulless "character"? Spot on. Pattinson's laughable facial expressions and general douche-baggery? PERFECT. The overbearing sense of a painfully unhealthy, obsessive, and melodramatic relationship? Exact. The knowledge that you will never get that time back, ever? Identical to the book.

All in all, I'd say the film captured the spirit of the story.  

PetreyDish

Xahmen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm
DancesWithBats
I don't know why you're all grilling the movie. It was perfect.

I mean, Stewart's acting as an unbalanced soulless "character"? Spot on. Pattinson's laughable facial expressions and general douche-baggery? PERFECT. The overbearing sense of a painfully unhealthy, obsessive, and melodramatic relationship? Exact. The knowledge that you will never get that time back, ever? Identical to the book.

All in all, I'd say the film captured the spirit of the story.

I love you.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:05 pm
But the spirit of the story is where the problem lies. It doesn't matter how good (or bad if we are talking about edward and his dear dear belle or bella) the actors are, if the story sucks then the movie does too. You cannot cover up a horribly written story/plot with ok acting.  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 pm
I think Twilight is just a required taste. Most like it, some don't. Like some people like to eat plain celery (points at self), most people do not like it. Now reverse that, and turn the green veggies into the Twilight series.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 pm
Angel of the End
I think Twilight is just a required taste. Most like it, some don't. Like some people like to eat plain celery (points at self), most people do not like it. Now reverse that, and turn the green veggies into the Twilight series.

I think you may want to fix this.  

Xahmen

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 pm
Except it's generally accepted that eating vegetables is good for one's well being.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff