Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:33 pm
legendary detective Lawli
We wouldn't be as seriously ******** as america though, you guys would get onwed in that situation. In britain the worst we would get (i suspect) Would be at the most, ten thousand ghouls.

The world of Fallout: Everything got bombed. Everything. Nobody survived without at least getting swamped by a metric ton of radiation. Everyone had at least one enemy somewhere in the world who would have fired everything. If anyone had survived unscathed, do you think that they would have left the other countries for dead? Figured they were gone and just ditched em? Britain got shot up, I can tell you that much.

And now that you're talking about Britain, you notice that the BoS is an American group? That the Enclave is the American government remnants? That neither of them are overseas because they're too busy taking over their own country first?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm
That is why i took it all back, for the sake of my own situation.  

legendary thiefLawli

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:14 pm
I don't think you got the points Tashi, Haratio and Succubus, You get the element of surprise on your side and they panic, not everybody is suited for life in the wasteland. That isn't to say I am perfect, but assuming I can get to a school, and get lemons, I could make a relatively powerful bomb, enough to break through power armor, and more than enough to ruin the supports of a building. Fulminate of mercury, such fantastic stuff.

The outcasts and the steels, a heavily trained fanatical military outfit, panic and scatter?

You have your surprise for one shot, and assuming you hit and score a kill (which let's face it, is extremely unlikely), you have at the very least two heavily armed and armoured professionals coming over in a hurry to ruin your day. I heavily doubt you'll find any fulminate of mercury 200 years after the war, and there's not a chance you'd find any lemons since the wasteland is effectively devoid of all plant life, and oasis has no lemon trees.

Even if you somehow managed to make your bombs without killing yourself in the process, they're wearing power armour. Powered tactical combat armour, designed for people who want to charge heavily manned defensive positions. Your IEDs, they do nothing.

Also, to the best of reckoning Britain had no vaults so no, you wouldn't even live past the big fireworks show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:55 pm
id be comming out of some vault and looking around and see pure desert...then id see a building in the horizon and go there while going there id see a molerat id out run it(molerats are slow ...and im pretty fast) get halfway there and see raiders id be scared shitless id try to join the raiders if not id be shot on sight and have my body hung from somewhere.

if i succeded id probably say let me go check that building over there (the one i said in the beginning) to see if there are useful weapons and equipment. go over to the building go inside (also i borrowed weapons from the raiders...lets say a hunting rifle) check for enimies there would be the casual super mutant. shoot him in the head, and get back to what i was doing. id atleast scrounge up 4 stimpacks 40 rounds of ammo and some nuka cola. get back and tell the raiders that since i went there by myself i get 75% of it. if they didnt like that they kill me for it

if i succeded (since im good at arguing) id give them 1 stimpack and 10 rounds of ammo i found. then id find more raiders and side with them since i am a raider, and if im lucky id find a pack of 20 raiders and raid connerberry commons (smalll town) and take there stuff. it would be easy because from the closest raider camp there is to cannerberry commens is like 3 enimies radscorpion, yoi guai and a mirelurk vs 20 raiders you andi both know who would win. and hopefully a few months or years later we would be big and large enough to take over rivet city if not we would all be exicuted

if i succeded i would turn the place into some sort of gigantic raider base of atleast 200 raiders (there must be atleast 800 in the wastes).

and thats mean id probably side with a raider ^^  

Xx-Luv-Nukes-xX

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:02 pm
Succubus_Lady

Also, to the best of reckoning Britain had no vaults so no, you wouldn't even live past the big fireworks show.

Lol, this makes an excellent point.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:04 pm
Might I point out that you do not know whether Britain had its own vault-tec equivelant or not.
And nor do you notice that some people survived without the vaults (See greta from Underworld, yeahs os shes a ghoul, it still counts.)  

legendary thiefLawli

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:33 pm
Might I point out that you do not know whether Britain had its own vault-tec equivelant or not.
And nor do you notice that some people survived without the vaults (See greta from Underworld, yeahs os shes a ghoul, it still counts.)

That's why she said "to the best of her reckoning" i.e. its never mentioned: you assume they had such technology and she assumes you didn't: you are both right, and you are both wrong.

And I think I would rather die than become a ghoul: they live for a long time, but they can't reproduce, and I wouldn't even want the remote chance of going feral.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:45 am
Going ghoul is technically survival, but I would rather be dead. You have to go through enough pain that you actually lose memory of the event if you're lucky (Moira Brown), or the fact that you're on fire without the flames drives you insane (Feral Ghouls). Then, as Horatio said, you can't exactly help repopulate the wastes, and your muscle mass is pretty much reduced along with a lot of your skin. (My darker half always wanted to throw a handful of salt on a ghoul...)  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

legendary thiefLawli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:54 pm
Meh, I wouldn't mind being a ghoul - AT FIRST - but I'd try to survive as a normal ghoul for bout a week, then kill myself by purposely running into the brotherhood (Or the British equivelent) all guns blazing. I know that if I take on an army of Brotherhood (British equivelent) soldiers then I will die, assuming I do not pull off die die my darling solo hard mode on Gods corpse (Guitar hero joke).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm
awww come on reply to mine XDDD about what i would do  

Xx-Luv-Nukes-xX

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:44 pm
Xx-Luv-Nukes-xX
awww come on reply to mine XDDD about what i would do

A. I think raiders would shoot you on sight most likey.

B. If you manage to join them, then you would probably be given a baseball bat or a knife as your starting weapon. I doubt they'd give a gun to some random wastelander.

C. If you managed to join the raiders and earn enough trust to get a gun so quickly, you would be an idiot to blow it by trying to be selfish. I imagine raiders as small, demented, murderous families who share their catches and whatnot so that everyone can stay alive.

D. If you managed to do all of the above successfully, then why attack a town that is in such a horrible position? Even without the "superheroes" there is still a factory full of insane robots on one side, and a cave full of giant ants on the other. At some point, you're going to lose a lot of your group to one of those.

E. I doubt you will find 800 living people in the wastelands who want to risk their lives attacking other humans.

F. Rivet City security is arguably one of the largest armies in the wasteland.

G. All they would have to do to end your attack is retract the bridge. Which I am sure they would do if they saw a group of 800 people (that all have the idea of attacking a place with an organized army) walking up to the place. (Especially if all 800 people are carrying weapons.)

H. How would you move a group of 800 people through the wastelands? Bigger groups attract more attention, if you're going to Rivet through the DC ruins then the muties are going to rape you. If you go underground, you'll never be able to sleep without ghoul attacks. If you go around, you're going to have to deal with the BoS, who aren't exactly fond of raiders. If you pack together, a single missile launcher would cripple upwards of 20 people per shot. If you spread out too far, a single mini-gun could lay out entire squads. You aren't marching with America's best and brightest here. Or the most well trained soldiers, either. These are people who found guns on the ground and started shooting in the general direction of things that moved.

I. As I said, big group = more attention. Even with the rarity of them, if you have that long line of moving meat, you're likely to run in to a behemoth. Not known for their stealth, and with enough guns you could take one down, but if it happens to be sitting down or sleeping (or whatever these things do when not killing people) in an alley that you're walking past then a good deal of your people are suddenly dead.

Sorry, I just like ripping holes in other peoples survival plans.

(I still stick to my original statement: My eyes would adjust to the light just in time to see that I had stepped on a radscorpion.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:32 am
Not to mention you'd be probably taken to they're base instead of just getting a weapon and being able to run into the building.

And in Fallout 3, there's a random encounter with raider's doing there initiation. A raider in his underwear is getting beat by four raider's with baseball bats (You'd probably just be stripped naked). Since you'd be coming out of a Vault, where theres no war, no fighting, no way to get hurt other than scraps and bruises from tripped over metal and underground sports, you'd probably not last the whole initiation.  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xx-Luv-Nukes-xX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:48 pm
oh s**t i wouldent survive hmmmmm got to think of a new one.....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:11 pm
In the end, it's all down to luck, isn't it?  

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

Blades Of Null

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:45 pm
if i just escaped a vault i would probably end up going to a small city and settling down until i get bored and move no as a lone wanderer strapped with guns and ammo i would try to look for the outcasts and try to join if possible im very persuasive if not i would try making it to GNR studios to get directions to the citadel and end up going there screaming into the intercom or i would just scale the wall like in assassin's creed =) assuming i didnt get shot i would talk to elders and try to join if not i would get the power armor training and become a lone wanderer helping an assisting people in need i know im too nice to people in RL but i cant help it ... then i would try to snipe down everybody in evergreen just for the hell of it twisted im handy with a gun literaly >=) assuming i didnt get shot torn appart raped or mercelissley beaten that's what i would do .....  
Fallout 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff