Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
OMFG! Obamassiah! Pirates! Is this making anybody else mad? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:32 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
I've heard the brightness compared to that of welding. If I could get a good digital recorder I would mount it on a tripod to film it then turn my back. I would be too tempted to look with the naked eye and my stupidity will get the better of me.
Yeah, that's pretty much how it was. 'course the glass cover was slightly tinted, I wear dark sunglasses, and it was only an ounce or two burning in a pot of sand, so it wasn't too bad, but I imagine any good amount would be bright as s**t. Also, it looks like it kind of spatters molten iron all over, so good luck to he who would step on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 pm
It still sounds like fun to watch. XD  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 pm
Ok I talked to him about it. He claims the heat turns the liquid nitrogen into a gas and the gas then burns because of the thermite. He's still swearing up and down that his method will work. I really want to watch. xd

I'm pretty sure nitrogen isn't flammable.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:11 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Ok I talked to him about it. He claims the heat turns the liquid nitrogen into a gas and the gas then burns because of the thermite. He's still swearing up and down that his method will work. I really want to watch. xd

Yeah, liquid nitrogen BOILS at -321 (thats negative 321) Degrees Farenheit, so it is boiling at room temp. The thermite really doesn't do a thing. And plain nitrogen is not flammable.

Also when you tell this story to your AP Chem class and everybody bursts out laughing you know he is full of BS. We all want to see the video of him burning off his foot. lol rofl  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel

It's not nice to fool little kids. xd  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces