Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
What do you like to read? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mori Kiyoshi

Shoujo Flame

19,325 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 am
Don't kill me... >.> I like Twilight. Of course, I read it a couple years before it was like it is now... I pretty much hate everything about it at this point. Edward makes me sick.

ASIDE from Twilight, I read Anne Rice. That woman's take on vampires beats out Stephanie Meyers out by a whole hell of a lot.

There's another series I am reading called the Immortal Series by Alison Noel. She's a pretty good author. Haven't gotten around to book 2 yet though. >>

OFF TOPIC NOTE: Many teenage girls want a man like Edward... But think about this... He left her MULTIPLE times, and was a terrible boyfriend... Lol... I think its funny how people want an "Edward" in their life.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:46 pm
I'm pretty much the same with the Twilight thing. I've read the Immortal Series, and she's a great author, but I hated that series. Please don't kill me D: And I've Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles Series, but I have yet to read it D: I need a long plane ride to read it XD

@OTN: I know. It makes no sense. They should choose a man like James ;D  

BreathLessX
Crew

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:01 pm
Endrance-teishu
Don't kill me... >.> I like Twilight. Of course, I read it a couple years before it was like it is now... I pretty much hate everything about it at this point. Edward makes me sick.

ASIDE from Twilight, I read Anne Rice. That woman's take on vampires beats out Stephanie Meyers out by a whole hell of a lot.

There's another series I am reading called the Immortal Series by Alison Noel. She's a pretty good author. Haven't gotten around to book 2 yet though. >>

OFF TOPIC NOTE: Many teenage girls want a man like Edward... But think about this... He left her MULTIPLE times, and was a terrible boyfriend... Lol... I think its funny how people want an "Edward" in their life.

lol if you were meaning me, then dont worry, lol i wont brutally murder you with nothing but a lead pipe ( xd which may have been what i originally had in mind)
to be honest, i used to like twilight too! i read it almost a year after the 1st book came out i guess. i remember waiting for the 2nd book to be published . . . or maybe it was the 3rd. its like, things are usually so much better when they dont get all commercialized. its just nasty now!

OH! and speaking if Ann Rice, that makes me think of another book.
Anthem, by Ayn Rand. i suggest that for fk12 since you like classics so much. It was so cool. but when i went to go search up the book in the library i embarrassed the crap outta myself cause i didnt know i had been pronouncing the author's name wrong the whole time sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:04 pm
Haha, I'm not really into classics! For instance, I cannot stand anything by Jane Austen. I just... read whatever I find interesting? I don't even know.

;3; And I don't have much time for reading nowadays. Especially when I have to spend my afternoons SCRAPING CLAY OUT OF BLOCKS OF PLASTER god I hate 3D.  

fk12

Balmvng

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:42 pm
User Image
All Hail Jack

Anything that gets you thinking about the world.

Best book I've ever read: "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom. And this is coming from a Buddhist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:18 am
I've never read books like that one, but it looks interesting.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Mori Kiyoshi

Shoujo Flame

19,325 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 am
Terix_aptor
Endrance-teishu

lol if you were meaning me, then dont worry, lol i wont brutally murder you with nothing but a lead pipe ( xd which may have been what i originally had in mind)
to be honest, i used to like twilight too! i read it almost a year after the 1st book came out i guess. i remember waiting for the 2nd book to be published . . . or maybe it was the 3rd. its like, things are usually so much better when they dont get all commercialized. its just nasty now!

OH! and speaking if Ann Rice, that makes me think of another book.
Anthem, by Ayn Rand. i suggest that for fk12 since you like classics so much. It was so cool. but when i went to go search up the book in the library i embarrassed the crap outta myself cause i didnt know i had been pronouncing the author's name wrong the whole time sweatdrop

I wasn't specifying you, but now I know who to look out for. XD Just kidding.

Anyway, I remember waiting for New Moon (the book) to come out. A friend had forced me to read Twilight, and back then, no one knew what it was. XD I miss those days. I tend to get sick of something when it gets like Twilight. But, I am going to see the movies anyway... >.>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:57 pm
Endrance-teishu

Im not gonna hurt u, this is the net slum, a place where people express their opinions without fear of *gets distracted* hey look a book! XD

Ive been reading some more stuff lately, although i seem to be all over the place in terms of books:
at the mountains of madness by hp lovecraft (im a lovecraft reader cool )
A Thousand And One Arabian Nights
The original script for the first star wars movie (shows how much a starwars fanboy i actually am)
The Nightmare of Nunnally, no matter how bad u think it is, its somehow one of the best code geass spinoffs ever in my opinion (thats not saying much though XD)

school does not make you wanna read though, and since ive got a whole bunch of free classics on my phone, i somehow never get thru reading any of them, or anything else for that matter

love going to the bookstore though, and drinking frappucinos! XDD  

Mr Eliot

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:10 pm
I don;t want to go see the movies right now, mainly because of the EDWARD!!! OMGGSINDFISBFIABAJBF!! JACOB!!!! No. Just no.

I really want to read Arabian Night. But I'm still reading Tempted, a book I've been reading for over a week. Which is very rare for me. I blame the mini-spree I did for DS games. Damn you Layton.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:02 pm
BreathLessX
I don;t want to go see the movies right now, mainly because of the EDWARD!!! OMGGSINDFISBFIABAJBF!! JACOB!!!! No. Just no.

I really want to read Arabian Night. But I'm still reading Tempted, a book I've been reading for over a week. Which is very rare for me. I blame the mini-spree I did for DS games. Damn you Layton.

layton can pass the time like a good book, that it can biggrin  

Mr Eliot

princess23_30

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 pm
I like to read alot of different things. I like vampire books but I also like fansty. like dragons and stuff like that. and I love to read manga :3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm
omg it came in dot hack alcor biggrin  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 pm
I've just started reading the Vampire Hunter D series, and OMG, I love it. Anything that is this good I love.

@Princess- Yes. You are the Mythical Fiend. You love your fantasy books.

@Naota- OMG. I know! I was going to buy it, but I was like, nuuu, I need novels to read. But I will get it, since Silabus is in it!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:37 pm
BreathLessX
I've just started reading the Vampire Hunter D series, and OMG, I love it. Anything that is this good I love.

@Princess- Yes. You are the Mythical Fiend. You love your fantasy books.

@Naota- OMG. I know! I was going to buy it, but I was like, nuuu, I need novels to read. But I will get it, since Silabus is in it!!

yeah in the book he has alot more charm in it and gaspard isn't as desprate in the novel( i think it work better if it was an anime)  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

fk12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:00 pm
Heeheeeeee... I need to... buy G.U.+ volume 5. For myself, at least. I got it for my friend for his birthday.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff