Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon G/S/C Remake? Highly Plausible. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:11 pm
i want to see one where each game is unique in the encounters, some random variable. that way its just one game, and no one game is better than the other.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:15 pm
Bleeding Prince
I would totally pay like $50 for a Nintendo DS Pokemon game with all 4 regions. It would add soooooo much content for just one game that it would be worth it.
The problem I see with that is that the pokemon league for the 1st region would be like 50, then after the second region maybe in the 80's. The 3rd is 100. Then what? It's either that they would have to lower the EXP amount that you get so the first pokemon league would be in the 25's.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Bleeding Prince
I would totally pay like $50 for a Nintendo DS Pokemon game with all 4 regions. It would add soooooo much content for just one game that it would be worth it.
The problem I see with that is that the pokemon league for the 1st region would be like 50, then after the second region maybe in the 80's. The 3rd is 100. Then what? It's either that they would have to lower the EXP amount that you get so the first pokemon league would be in the 25's.

This.

They'd have to lower the exp rate a lot, if they games were to encompass every region. Also, to counteract the trading of pokemon from Diamond/Pearl that were higher-leveled, you'd have to dumb down the traded-in pokemon by level so that you didn't have overpowered pokemon to early on.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 pm
the Lord Zylo
l-Kathulu-l
Bleeding Prince

This.

They'd have to lower the exp rate a lot, if they games were to encompass every region. Also, to counteract the trading of pokemon from Diamond/Pearl that were higher-leveled, you'd have to dumb down the traded-in pokemon by level so that you didn't have overpowered pokemon to early on.
But you could do that in any game, I had thought about that possibility too, but it would just be stronger like it always was.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 pm
They'll probably release those games when sales are in the toilet, don't know when that will happen, soon maybe. When they do get released if ever, I'm sure they'll be pretty fun. XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:26 pm
the Lord Zylo
l-Kathulu-l
Bleeding Prince

This.

That's got its own problems, though. It's already difficult enough to raise a team of maximum level Pokemon. For the 10th anniversary event, I played almost nonstop for a month straight and still just barely managed to get 5 Pokemon to level 100 in time for the tournament, and this was battling the 2nd round+ Kanto Elite Four, whose Pokemon are in the 70s, and before I started with EV training. Turn down the experience rate and preparing for a tournament or even just catching a newly-caught Pokemon up with your team will become horribly difficult.  

GuruGuru214

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:25 pm
GuruGuru214
the Lord Zylo
l-Kathulu-l
Bleeding Prince

This.

That's got its own problems, though. It's already difficult enough to raise a team of maximum level Pokemon. For the 10th anniversary event, I played almost nonstop for a month straight and still just barely managed to get 5 Pokemon to level 100 in time for the tournament, and this was battling the 2nd round+ Kanto Elite Four, whose Pokemon are in the 70s, and before I started with EV training. Turn down the experience rate and preparing for a tournament or even just catching a newly-caught Pokemon up with your team will become horribly difficult.

OH NOES A DIFFICULT GAME!!! Is that not the point of games? If they're easy then they're no fun.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 pm
Rusti Fire
GuruGuru214
the Lord Zylo
l-Kathulu-l
Bleeding Prince

This.

OH NOES A DIFFICULT GAME!!! Is that not the point of games? If they're easy then they're no fun.

Sorry, I guess that's poor phrasing on my part. The point of games is for them to be difficult as in challenging. That's what makes them fun and why in-game accomplishments are rewarding. What we're talking about here is difficult as in horrendously time-consuming level grinding. Yeah, that's pretty much a staple of the RPG genre, but you can only get so much of that in a game before it stops being fun and starts being work. It's important to keep the amount of work proportional to the reward at the end or the player just ends up feeling cheated.  

GuruGuru214

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:31 pm
GuruGuru214
Sorry, I guess that's poor phrasing on my part. The point of games is for them to be difficult as in challenging. That's what makes them fun and why in-game accomplishments are rewarding. What we're talking about here is difficult as in horrendously time-consuming level grinding. Yeah, that's pretty much a staple of the RPG genre, but you can only get so much of that in a game before it stops being fun and starts being work. It's important to keep the amount of work proportional to the reward at the end or the player just ends up feeling cheated.
Then lets make the reward better. Metroid had the Justin Baily suit, how about we get a bikini shot? XD  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 pm
Owwin
GuruGuru214
Then lets make the reward better. Metroid had the Justin Baily suit, how about we get a bikini shot? XD

Augh, that put awful images into my mind...

Congratulations, your Pikachu reached level 100!

User Image

The worst part is that I had to go look for something like that...  

GuruGuru214

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:23 pm
GuruGuru214
Congratulations, your Pikachu reached level 100!The worst part is that I had to go look for something like that...
I was thinking a trainer... Yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:57 pm
Owwin
GuruGuru214
Congratulations, your Pikachu reached level 100!The worst part is that I had to go look for something like that...
I was thinking a trainer... Yeah.

I know, but you didn't specify and once I got the idea I couldn't help myself. My apologies for any nightmares you have about it.  

GuruGuru214

[Mr. Moo]

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:02 pm
http://kotaku.com/5245005/pokemon-gold-and-silver-getting-ds-remakes  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:54 pm
Yay!  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points