Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm
He stood atop an overturned crate, giving out orders to the men and E-BOTS under his command.
U... Under my command... I don't even... I never will get used to these sudden, seemingly random promotions. It's almost like he just... Pulls a new, higher rank out of his--
>SIR. ALL SPECIFIED UNITS SECURED. YOUNG HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO DESIGNATED CARE FACILITIES. INJURED AND DYING FROM BOTH SIDES OF CONFLICT HAVE BEEN TRANSPORTED TO APPROPRIATE MED-CARE FACILITIES.<

Master Sergeant John Kenderson nearly fell off of his makeshift pedestal. Heart pounding, he did the best he could to regain his composure.
"Ah, uh... Good! The, uh, injured... They were interspersed evenly with each other as ordered?"

>SIR. DUE TO THE UNEVEN NUMBERS OF THE OPPOSING SIDES, OURS CONTAINING MORE NUMBERS THAN THEIRS- EVEN EXCLUDING ALL E-BOTS, INJURED WERE INTERSPERSED AS EVENLY AS POSSIBLE.<

"Well, yes. That was assumed... Anyway. That's good. Thank you for the report. Please go pass it along to Colonel Nevermore."

>SIR. WITH RESPECT. THIS UNIT IS NOT CAPABLE OF CARRYING OUT SAID ORDER. ONCE GIVEN, ALL MEMORY OFF IT WAS ERASED, AS IS STANDARD PROCEDURE. WITH APOLOGIES, THE MASTER SERGEANT IS NOW THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS INFORMATION.<

With that, the E-BOT saluted, awaiting dismissal. What...? But... Ah, BUNK. Now I have to... He then noticed the salute.
"Oh! Uh, you are dismissed, E-CpL."
He returned the salute, feeling abundantly ridiculous that he was 'commanding respect by holding to long standing and prideful tradition' with a pre-programmed robot that had no ability to refuse him even if he wanted it to, nor the ability to feel any kind of tradition. He watched as the E-BOT literally swiveled 180 degrees using the wheels inside it's feet. Kenderson started to turn, but then caught sight of a small group of unarmed civilians cowering as six mobian soldiers advanced upon them.
What the heck are they... The city's won you self seeking, overachieving,'highly disciplined' pieces of-- The idiots! What the heck is going through their heads?! BUNK! That report's gonna have to wait now, too...
"Hey, you! Halt-- Akk!"
He leapt from his high ground, catching his foot on the slats and nearly planting his face as he did. He managed to regain his footing, and thus keep at least some of his dignity intact.
At least I got their attention...
"Stand down, immediately! The city's already won! These civilians are unarmed and harmless! If there's no one left alive in the city, what's the point of controlling it??"

The soldiers exchanged glances between one another. Then one of them, the highest rank out of the six of them, spoke up.

"Sir! This scum was throwing rocks at the troops, ourselves included! Two E-PvT's heads were dented, and one man went down with a bruise the size of a melon on his calf, unable to stand! These people are now prisoners of war, and as they are now resisting arrest, they will be put to death!"

"To death? Are you out of your mind?! Who gave you the order?? You? Who gave you the authority to MAKE such an order!? You are WAY out of bounds, sergeant! You're going to find that your actions here have cost you, instead of getting you that free promotion!"

John had to stop and catch his breath, and calm himself down before continuing. "So. Two E-BOTS damaged."

The soldiers' eyes brightened as the Master Sergeant began to pace while speaking, their hopes being somewhat renewed.

"Y- yes Sir!"

"Are they nonoperational?" He glared at them as their demeanor once again fell. They looked to their trusted ringleader again for a response, who fidgeted slightly and then let out a small sigh.

"No, Sir."

"What was that? I'm afraid I couldn't hear you." The sergeant snapped his head up and yelled his repeat.

"NO. SIR!"

"Right. That's what I thought." He traded a voice filled with disgust for mock concern. "And this soldier, a bruise the size of a melon? On his calf? And he can scarcely stand, you say?" It switched back to a serious tone without missing a beat. "He'll need to be the one transported to one of the med-care facilities, if there's one with room. Unless..." He glared sideways at them. "... He's not so badly injured, perhaps?"

"Sir, he's, uh, Decided that he'll wait out the injury on his own--"

He was cut off as one of the others placed a hand on his shoulder. He snapped his head around to see his comrade in arms shaking his head in defeat. He looked at the others to see that they had all given up. He let out a deep sigh.

"No, Sir. Not so injured. Looks like you win."

John's eyes went wide for an instant. "What-- what did you say to me? Where did you leave your discipline!? Under a rock?? You--" Kenderson pointed an accusing finger at the sergeant, quivering with rage.
With... With Rage... He dropped his hand, and breathed deeply for a second. "Report back to base camp immediately. You're to tell anyone that addresses you that you're waiting for me to return to deal with you. If you aren't there, waiting for me, you'll find yourselves polishing grease onto fan belts at the E-BOT factory for the rest of your lives. Dismissed."

"Yes... Sir."

John left the six to their own thoughts and returned to the earlier task. Report. Bunk. Oh, well, it could be worse. At least I don't have to give my report to... What rank is he holding today? Captain? Colonel? Is that it? Colonel Rage? Something like that... He's the only one I know of who has a more sporadic rank than me... As Kenderson quickly made his way to where Colonel Nevermore had stationed himself, his thoughts drifted to his plea to (insert rank here) Rage to stay and restore the peace.

John Kenderson
"Alright, men, let's move out! I want-- yes, yes, he's coming. I want Master Sergeant Hamb-- Kenderson. no. Kenderson. I want Hamburger Kenderson right here, on my left side for the whole trip back to base! No, I'm not to telling where base is, you lummox! No, I... Oh, stick it!"

"Uh... Excuse... Sir... Excuse me... SIR!"
Oooohh, boy. Did I go too far with that...?

"Yes, Mater Sergeant Hambur-- John Kenderson? Shut up. He has something to say. It's more important than... No! You need to say something?"

"I... Yes, Sir! I have a request to make!"

"Oh, is that so? Yup, that's what he said! Quiet back there! If you cry..."

"Uhh... I-- Sir? If I may? I would like very much to stay here and help Colonel Nevermore return this city to a peaceful state, thus making it a city of value under the General's command."

"Would you-- No, he's trying to talk! Just..." It was at that moment that Rage realized what John had said. His arguing stopped dead. It was as if someone near and dear to his heart had died. He stood staring in disbelief, his outlandishly small pupils quivering ever so slightly. "You... What?"

"I... Well, Sir, you know I'm much more effective as a restorer of order... And, uh... I, well, I'm just more useful here than anywhere else, Colonel (That's right, it was colonel). Besides, Sir, didn't the message from Base say you were going to a promotion ceremony? that wouldn't include me, since you just promoted me."

"Wh-- ah... I... No! Unaccepta-- No, I didn't agree! It's unacceptable! You... You will come with me! And stand-- shut it-- stand right there!!"

Kenderson stifled a sigh. He had known coming into this that it wasn't going to be easy. "Colonel... Sir, as Master Sergeant I have an obligation to finish what my superiors start." He flinched a bit after saying it. That was a risky one, especially with Rage already in a bad mood... "I... I need to stay here, and put this city back together. Please, Sir. I'm needed. Here.

Colonel Rage appeared to be having some kind of mild convulsions. "But he-- no, no you don't... Well, that is true... But-- No! That doesn't matter! No, it does NOT! Wha-- wait Why? ... Oh. Right" Rage let out a huge sigh, of what appeared to be resignation, and fell silent. He stood for a few moments, quite statuesque, before finally leering sideways at John. With narrowed eyes and slumped shoulders, Rage muttered through grinding teeth his reply.
"Fine."

The rush and sheer elation that he felt alongside the sweeping relief was almost more than John could handle. It was all he could do to keep from leaping with joy.

"BUT!!"

His heart hit the ground between his feet. What could he...? "Y-- yes, Sir?"

"You will agree never to make a request like that again! I won't just-- DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO INTERRUPT ME?! No, I-- stop! St0p! I w1LL NOT be paWn!ng ofF my... YoU w!ll stay !n mY uN!t!! Yes, ! DO, he, YeS!! He getS !t now! Shut UP! Hamburger! Kenderson! dO yOU UNDERSZZTAND?!"

John was taken aback. He hadn't ever been the subject of one of Rage's tantrums before. Though... he'd witnessed plenty of them over the last year or so, and that was unpleasant enough. This was far more than he had expected. When he opened his mouth to speak, he could only stammer for a few seconds before he was able to bring form to his words. "Y-- Yes... Sir, I, uh, understand completely! You, uh, you don't have to worry about that... uh, Sir!"

Rage's demeanor immediately brightened, the dark cloud that seemed to have accumulated drifting off to bring pain to someone else. "Ok, then! Shall w-- Oh, yeah, I know. Let's go! TROOPS! MOVE OUT!! NOW!!"

The near instantaneous shift in mood left Kenderson dumbfounded and slack jawed. But he had won

John couldn't help but feel proud of himself. Not only had he managed to get up the nerve to contest Rage, and at a time when he was expected to be silent and comply no less, but he had actually convinced him After all, he was still there. As he reached the southern most building in the city, he popped and looked up it's high walls, scarcely able to see the top. Except where the top no longer existed. This particular building had taken substantial amounts of damage during the battle, as it was where most of those defending the city were hiding.

Trying to defend, that is... He took a deep breath and began the ascent, climbing from one broken chunk to another, taking hold of a windowsill here, finding a foothold there. He nearly fell more than twice, loosing his grip or having pieces that he was relying on coming loose. It was a long and treacherous climb, mostly due to his inexperience. Many others at lower ranks than him could have scaled the ruined building in half the time it took him. When he reached the top, he was forced to stop to rest. His hands were shaking, and he could hardly breathe. Whew. But I made it. Once he had regained his strength, he found his way towards a white cloaked figure stalking the edge of the walls ahead of him. As he approached the figure, he announced himself. "Colonel Nevermore, Sir! Master Sergeant John Kenderson, reporting, Sir! I have been informed that, as was ordered, all children under fifteen years have been dispersed throughout the care camps that we opened up twenty minutes ago. Also, the injured, both those with minor injuries as well as the fatally injured have successfully been transported to the nearest Med-Care facilities with one additional order attache by myself. That being that the opposing sides be interspersed as evenly as possible to promote bonding between the sides, hopefully building trust from the citizens to the Army. This order was also carried out successfully, Sir! Uhm, Sir, I'd now like to initiate the 'Return to Normalcy' plan, and install the necessary programming into several E-BOTS as well as debriefing six Mobian soldiers so that they can be left here to make judgement calls as necessary. With your permission, Sir." John saluted and awaited permission and dismissal, once again feeling somewhat awkward having to do so for a robot, though less so than before, as Nevermore seemed to have some level of interest programmed in. Not to mention the ability and authority to punish him if he left it out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 am
As soon as his backpack was full, he slung it over his back. He smirked. "I can't believe these fools didn't search me when they brought me here. I thought that was required. Oh, well." He shrugged. "Makes life easier to me, I suppose." Sensing that the others had evacuated, he dashed from the room, dropping a bomb every few yards. He made sure to circle the perimeter of the armory. That was where he wanted the explosion to be focused. By this time, his smirk was gone. Where are all the guards? Did they give the whole f*cking base the day off, or something? I should have met with resistance by now. There's no alarm, they haven't found the explosives yet. Where are they? These same thoughts echoed in his head for what seemed like hours as he placed the explosives. Finally, he was done.

He sat down, and leaned up against the nearest wall to catch his breath. "Only one thing left to do."

At this moment, a blaring alarm sounded. He smirked. "So, there is still someone in this base. Good." He began pulling energy into himself. All the energy in the area. Everything he could muster was flowing into him. His fur began to sway in a wind that did not exist. the same force began to pull at his clothing. He could feel the energy within him. Seething. Churning. Begging for him to unleash the bindings that held it in. Begging him to succumb to his inner anger and hatred.

Finally, he could stand it no longer. His face took on a feral snarl as he stood up into a crouching position with his hands placed before his head, his eyes shut tight. "CHAOOOS--" He released all of his restraints, allowing every scrap of energy he possessed to flood the attack. "BLAAAAST!"

The wave of energy emitted from his body destroyed everything it touched. Charred concrete was blasted away from him with a force equivalent to five hurricanes converging at once, the earth beneath his feet split and cracked as the energy attempted to push it away from him. Everything combustible within twenty five feet of him was instantly vaporized.

This set off the first of the explosives, which caused a chain reaction to set off all of the explosives in the entire base. Causing an equally large, but not nearly as destructive, explosion in the armory.

Ronin floated in the air above a crater for a moment, glowing a dark green, then the energy was gone, and he collapsed on the scarred ground.

His face was content, a broad smirk plastered where a snarl had been less than a moment ago.

It was several hours later when he came to, still exhausted and shaking from the blast. He sat in the crater and surveyed his destruction. He felt empty inside.

He knew they would be coming to attempt to recover things from the wreckage soon, but he was just too tired to move, so he sat there. Silently, waiting for his energy to return.

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 pm
Night didn't initially recognize her own name instid of a number. The notebook was shoved into her hands from the guard. She didn't catch everything he said. He knew her name? She opened her mouth to object, but he was gone. Her mind snapped back to where it needed to be.

'Pull it together! You need to get out! GET OUT!'

Her feet quickly found their way down the hall. Still running, with one hand she made sure her gun was in the holster correctly. She clutched Felid's notebook tight, determined to make sure it stayed there, whatever help it might or might not be.

No guards yet. What if they find the explosives? What if I'm recaptured? What if I'm not fast enough? Dangit, concentrate!

She tuned a sharp corner and almost got plowed over by a tall raccoon.
The notebook scattered across the floor behind her.

Hey!? WHAT THE 'ELL?!

She was on her feet again as fast as she could manage, but froze.
She knew how to fire a gun alright. She knew and had experience on aim and reloading and even posture. But the one thing you can never train for is when your the one the barrel is pointing at.

A pricing alarm screeched through the base. Night screamed and slapped both hand over her ears. The crack of the gun barely missed her by sheer luck. She turned and kicked Felid's notebook across the floor between the guard's feet. Gritting her teeth, she managed to pry one hand off her ear. A thrust of her open palm threw the raccoon into a wall. She flicked her wrist up and the notebook come back to her hand.

Be more careful, stupid.

Her breath was heavy pull in, hard to hold on to, burning her lungs, and got knocked out of her. When her feet finally hit dirt and not concrete her wings where out. Her next step put her in the air. For the first time in a year and an half, she smiled.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:41 pm
That was chaos blast. No doubt about it, there was nothing else it could be. The thing she had wanted to see for so long...and it got away.

"So now what?" she huffed. "Back to square one? Ugh."

After hours of scouring the dirty and partly-destroyed streets, she had found the one thing she'd longed to see for a fifteen months.
It was a nice tall tree, March was defiantly present. The branch she sat on was at a nice angel to lean on the main trunk. A nice angle to watch the prison without being watched. Night pulled her knees up to her chest.She stared down at the notebook laying in her lap.

A man's life was in her hands...

His sanity anyway.

Speaking of which, where did you leave yours?
Oh no! You didn't leave it in that cell did you!?
No, no! I remember! I put it back in the locket! Good, good.

"Ugh, I'm starting to sound like that creepy echinda general. Commander. Whatever he was. Lots of badges."

She knew she had to get moving now but she didn't feel like leaving. With a sigh she opened the tattered notebook.
Hn. Same paper someone wrote that note on.

She pulled out the crumble of paper, and unwrinkled it.

Eat up, you have a big week ahead.

With a huff, she leafed through the pages to find a map of this place. Where ever it was.
"Some big week."  

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 am
Nevermore's sensors once again indicated that someone was approaching. But after a quick scan, he came to find that the mobian was not hostile. It reached the top of the half destroyed building and stopped to catch it's breath. Nevermore then turned his head towards the mobian. He zoomed his vision in on the mobian's metal tags, which indicated that he was Master Sergeant John Kenderson. He focused his vision again and listened to him speak. The Return to Normalcy plan.... Accessing his memory files instantaneously, he went over all of the details of the plan in his system. "You may initiate the Return to Normalcy plan for the captured city of Rapture. Install the programming. Debrief the soldiers." Nevermore kept the conversation brief and to the point, not wasting time with many words. Though he was capable of holding a longer, more thorough conversation, he found this way to be more efficient. His AI was comprehensive, and was able to learn and adapt to the situation at hand. But he felt the unease of the Master Sergeant when he gave his salute and awaited permission. It was the same situation he had run into a while back, about a year ago, when Rage had trouble saluting him. Are all mobians like this, resisting the authority of a robot? Is there something I'm missing that they don't like about me in comparison? Am I incomplete in some way? Nevermore put the thoughts aside as he saluted the Master Sergeant, to allow him to carry out his orders.

Just as the Master Sergeant turned to make his leave, a massive explosion rang out across the city. Nevermore turned quickly towards the noise and saw smoke on the horizon. He focused his vision in to see that the smoke came from the prison on the other side of town, or what would've been the prison, had there been anything left to be identifiable as a part of the prison. There was not but a massive hole in the ground where the prison once stood. "Master Sergeant Kenderson, delay my previous orders and prepare all nearby troops, that haven't already left the city. We have what appears to be a large scale prison break. Apprehend any escaped prisoners that you're able to and tend to the wounded soldiers."

Nevermore knelt down on his left knee and brushed aside his cloak to reveal his right leg. He reached his hand to his right thigh and released the locking mechanism holding his weapon. Arising and pulling his cloak back across himself, he let the metallic hammer rest at his right side. "It looks like this city isn't going down so easy after all." He twisted the shaft of the hammer 180 degrees so that the piercing axe side faced the ground. "Be ready Kenderson, stow away your uncertainty, victory will be ours." His cloaking device came on as he leapt to the roof of another building bringing him closer to the site of the explosion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:24 pm
Robert awoke still on the ground, the sun just rising. Like it was just waiting till he opened his eyes to blind him. After what had happened yesterday, Rob didn't really care to even think anymore. So he just lied back down and waited for death to come for him. He was starving anyway, exhausted, and just plain tired of life. The sphere would soon be useless. What was left to prove to himself? He survived his parent's death, gang wars, even a full scale invasion. Was there really anywhere lower to go? He was in the remnants of a dead city. He hadn't contact with another Mobian in over a year. ...I just wanna go home...

He didn't care. He was a dying child. Robert didn't want to admit it. But he still was a child, and there's no way he could run from that. But who said he had to. He could just give up, lay his head back on the ground, and go silent. He'd given up before. It's no big deal. But then again...
He 'gave up' once he went into hiding back at Rapture, yet he never turned himself over. He 'gave up' when Sam confronted him for the first time, but who's standing right now? He 'gave up' when paradise was collapsing, but he was in the street now. Maybe... Maybe Robert just couldn't give up. Maybe he had more spirit than he thought. somehow. Simply hiding and doing nothing took more effort than he thought. Many people would've gone insane after 13 months without anyone else around... Or was it 14? 15? Who gives a s***. What mattered was that he was still here.

Indeed he was. Somehow. After the hell he had been through his whole life. He wanted to live. Picking himself off the street, his hunger tried to knock him off his feet. He had to get up. I won't give up yet. This. Won't stop me. This... is MY Life! Mine to control! And Nothing will take that from me! Robert was on his feet. Ready for whatever would hit him next. Hunger, pain, hell. It didn't matter. I want to live... I want to go home.

Let's see. I need: A car... And. Food. Food first. I've gotta get back to the cabin. After a painstaking walk, Robert cleaned out the rest of the cooler he was using for food. Now. He was officially out of rations now. But at least he could stand up straight. He picked up a few supplies around the cabin. Clothes, (Mostly torn) ammo, water. He didn't need much. He already had his dad's magnum and his sphere. Dad... This was all your fault. If you didn't try to be such a f****** hero. I'd have mom, and you. Still. Blaming his father wasn't going to change a thing. He knew what he was going to do. And nothing's gonna stand in my way.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 pm
Night was ducked into an ally between two empty buildings. She had been skimming through the notebook, trying to find a good hiding place before something caught her attention. She peered around the corner to watch as a handful of soldiers walked away from an apartment across the street. They pried away a kicking and screaming woman, her top ripped badly. One strong one backhanded her across her cheek and stopped her resistance but started a torrent of tears. This wasn't the first she'd seen dragged away from their homes this evening. Ridding of undesirable rebels, or whatever 'official' term the government used.

Night's stomach protested to its lack of attention all day. She now regretted not saving some of the generous meal she'd been given the evening before.

"Shut up. You have more important things to think about right now. Who cares if they gave costly apples to prisoners? And...twice everyday..." It growled again. She though she'd drool just at the thought."It's more important that cover is found. Then tomorrow food. And clean clothes."

But then she thought of of something. She ducked down and waited. And waited and waited for probably half an hour. She watched the soldiers until they left and then some more waiting for extra precautions. Her legs where aching from being crouched down so long. Finally, she flew out to the now-abandoned building.

It had to be said, she was feeling much more confident than an hour ago.

Apparently their only thoughts were of taking care of the rebels. No one thought of, or no one cared about, clearing out things in the apartments. The valuables and expensive things where gone, of course, but those she could care less about.
She smoothed out the tight black t-shirt. Although the top fit well, it was obvious the camouflage pants weren't made to fit her. Too long; she had rolled the bottoms up to her ankles. Her old shoes still fit well, surprisingly enough, so they stayed. But nothing else was found like the things she used to wear.

She tried the shower but the water had been shut off. Food was available, though. She'd found a tan messenger bag just big enough to keep supplies without being cumbersome. She stuffed in her tall brown coat and carefully slid Felid's notebook into an inside pocket.
Yes, much more confident.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 am
The streets of Rapture were quiet as the survivors of the assault huddled within their ruined homes, praying that it was all a bad dream and that they'd soon wake up.But their prayers went unanswered and the nightmare continued.
Titan scanned the surrounding buildings, searching for any last bastions of resistance,when he discovered none he shook his head and turned to move back up the street.
To easy, he thought to himself,it was all to easy, unfulfilling, even slightly boring. He had come into this fight expecting foes worthy of his strength and skill,and found weaklings armed with inadequate weapons and little courage. They had fallen quicker than he'd expected,and many of the cowards had surrendered instead of died fighting, weaklings, he thought again as a metallic snort emanated from his voice box.
Just as he snorted he heard the click of a gun being cocked and if he had lips instead of a speaker he would've smiled.Pistol, he thought to himself, small caliber,no threat at all,unless the barrel was placed directly against him the bullet would glance off his armor, he should know, they'd been firing those things at him all day. Then the gun fired and something slammed into the side of his head and jerked it to the side slightly. Again he inwardly smiled as he spun and switched his optical sensors to infrared, but instead of seeing a shape trying to run through the house to get away from him he saw that the mobian was hiding to the left of the doorway, preparing to fire again. He didn't give the rebel the chance, his machine gun swept across and down and he fired one bullet into the rebel's side. Smiling at the gasp of pain from within the building he pounded over to the door frame and reached into the room, grabbing for his target. Then a gunshot shattered the near silence and his hand jerked as the bullet punched a large hole through his metallic palm. He pulled his hand out and looked at the two holes in his hand, finally, he thought to himself, someone with some guts.
Stepping back from the wall he activated the weapons in his legs and two handles slid from compartments in his calves.Grabbing one in each hand he slid them free and cables slid snakelike from his wrists and into the handles,attaching the handles directly to his mechanical brain.Thought pulses then traveled from his brain through his body and into the thick metal poles and activated the surprises within them. From one pole slid two broad axe blades and from the other a massive hammer head uncollapsed, giving them a few practice twirls he turned back to the wall.
His infrared showed the mobian crawling across the floor within the building towards another door across the room. He thought,can't have that now can we, and swung his two heavy weapons into the wall with a loud metallic shout.It was cleared in a matter of moments and he stooped to enter the building,sheathing the blades back in his legs.
The mobian was a young mouse, probably fifteen or sixteen and was covered in dust,dirt,and blood, some of it not his own, and he had his gun pointed straight at Titan. Titan made that metallic snort again and took another step toward the kid. And laughed quietly as the first bullet clanged into his armor, and as he got closer and the bullets continued to hit him the laugh got louder and louder until the walls reverberated with the noise and the mouse cringed away from him and covered his ears to try and block some of it out.
He stopped abruptly and dropped into a crouch in front of the mouse, "at what point during that little display of courage did you realize that you were gonna die???"His red optical sensors stared into the boys face and he realized he'd gotten it all wrong."Not courage" he whispered,"anger, you hate me........why?"
The mouse made an attempt to spit at him and so he casually reached out and flicked the mouse across the cheek, with the same amount of force as a mobian slap would have been. He watched the mouse lay there and said quietly," don't make me ask you again worm,one way or another you will die but you will decide whether it is slow or quick.
The mouse sat up and looked at him defiantly, "you killed my parents". Titan chuckled at the words and said,"ah I see now,the standard out for revenge ploy, I killed everyone you ever loved so you're gonna do everything in you power to kill me.Kid,you absolutely suck at getting revenge. I'm guessing you saw me fighting today,which means you would've known that the kind of gun you were using wouldn't have a chance in hell of penetrating my armor.Now,if you'd come at me with something a little bigger you might've been a little smarter,except for the fact that you would've been dead before you could pull the trigger.Amazing how stupid hate makes a person sometimes,but anyway,it's about time we made our goodbyes,if I wasn't under authorization to kill anyone who resists I might keep you as a pet but seeing as I am it's time for you to die".
He stood and walked to the hole in the wall,then turned and looked at the shadowed mobian,"I would say to be happy cause you'll soon be with them in whatever life there is after this but seeing as how that was never part of my progaramming I unfortunately can't so".Just as he was swinging his gun around to finish the rebel a massive explosion rocked the city.He spun in the direction of the sound and realized it was the prison,something big was happening over there,and he might miss it if he didn't hurry.
He took off running down the street in the direction of the prison. He would be damned if he didn't get there first.

He reached the edge of the prison and ground to a halt,quickly scanning the ruins until he found what he was looking for,he made his way through the wreckage until he came upon the crater,at the edge he crouched down and watched the hedgehog sitting down there and again would've smiled if it was possible.Finally,he thought,possibly a worthy opponent.And leaped down to land beside the hedgehog.  

Daladane1991

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:31 am
Ronin sat and watched as the large robotic Rhinoceros landed next to him. He just stared, blankly, at the overlarge beast. "You must be here to kill me." he eyed the machine coldly as he stood up. "I'm afraid you're too late for that." He placed one hand on his sword. Not yet, it's too soon! I can't fight him now! I've got to get away! He leapt backwards as he drew the blade, revealing it's gleaming edge to the mechanical beast. "Or didn't anyone ever tell you, you can't kill what is already dead."

I can't just run, not now. He'd catch me, then I'd be done. I've got to find an opening. I've got to distract him, somehow. He could feel the Chaos energy around him, it wasn't enough to damage this monstrosity, but it might be able to buy him enough time to get away. He began pulling energy into himself, as best as he could.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 pm
Colonel Nevermore scanned the surroundings of the crater from atop a nearby building, still camouflaged. He focused in to see a few stragglers running and limping from the blast, but his main concern was a small figure that rested at the center of the devastation. Judging from the lack of movement from the mobian, his first thoughts were that the creature was dead. However, Nevermore's sensors indicated otherwise. He focused in on the mobian and ran his vitals. He was indeed alive, but barely hanging on. Judging by his location in the crater, Nevermore knew that he had made the explosion, but this mobian was no longer any threat, he seemed near death.

<<+>>

Sensors indicated an ally. Kenderson? No, much larger, and robotic. Nevermore scanned it. It was Major Titan, a massive robotic rhinoceros. What are you doing here? The question was sent by signal to the main information center elsewhere and was immediately returned back with the answer, directly into his main computer. Sent in to test his strength in live combat. No wonder there are so few civilians left in this town. He leapt from the five story building straight to the ground below, his hammer weapon still at the ready. Major Titan had made his way into the crater and was now standing beside the weakened mobian. Nevermore sent a signal to the Major, indicating that he was present, but hidden. He stood a few feet away from the Major and listened to them exchange words. Just then, the mobian stood and placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. But my sensors indicated that he was near death. How is this possible? He switched his vision to infrared and could literally see streams of what looked to be energy being pulled from the surrounding area and into the mobian. Switching back out of infrared, he re-scanned him. The mobians vitals were much closer to normal now. This creature was not to be taken lightly.

Nevermore sent another signal to the Major, giving him an order to search the area for any other escaped prisoners. He then disengaged his camouflage and was visible to both of them. "You are much stronger than Major Titan here gives you credit. But you cannot escape. I would ask that you lay down your weapon and come with me, but my orders are very clear; I must kill any mobian that rebels against us." Nevermore stepped close to mobian, standing six feet from him. "Lay down your weapon and don't try to resist. I will end your life quickly and without pain."

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm
A garage door lifted as the sun set. But still. No vehicle. Everywhere Rob had checked was just the same. Busted, or nothing. He needed something in working condition, or at least near that. If there's a damn truck around here, I could just cut through the Wastes. But what are the chances in finding anything? Robert didn't want to admit it. But he should just give up. This was a hopeless attempt. God, I've got to stop thinking like this. Well. What's wrong with that? I'm alive... I'm surviving. Robert was sick and tired of 'surviving.' All he ever did was survive. For just once, he wanted to know what living was like. But he was far from that. Still hungry, still tired, and those scrathes from the window yesterday were hurting like a b****.

Yet still, house after house, he kept searching. This process took him all day. By now the sun had set, and he was starving. The next house was where he'd find a meal. Instead of checking the garage, he took the front door, found the kitchen, and raided the fridge. There was some lunch meat, still fresh. And in the cupboards was a half-empty box of cereal. After eating his fill, Robert helped himself to the tap water from the sink, and washed his face. This was nearly the first time he had done something like this in at least a year. Rob needed a good cleaning. Well. There's food and running water, maybe there's soap? Thirst quenched and belly full, Robert started for the bathroom. Sure enough. Some body wash and shampoo were sitting on the corner of the tub. Even a towel on the side. Untouched. I could use a shower actually. Like anyone's going to know I used their tub. Why not? Most of his scratches were probably infected with dirt.

The shower was running. Nice and hot. Robert took the magnum and sphere out of his pockets and stepped in, clothes still on. His clothes could also use a good wash, and he didn't have patience for washing machines. Robert got a handful of soap and covered his face, clothes, body. He missed this. The feel of hot water, the clean feeling of a shower, a full stomach. Maybe this was living? Like he did with his parents... His parents. As if reading about dad in the paper wasn't bad enough, I watched mom get shot from a gang raid back home. Home. I want to go home. I want them back... I want life to stop s****** on me like this. I want to go back. The floor of the tub was layered with sludge. I didn't do ANYTHING wrong! This was DAD's fault! No. He did it to protect me. It's my fault. If I wasn't born, none of this would've happend. A tear escaped Rob's face. I'm not weak, I've proved that with every f****** day. Every day is a f****** challenge. I'm TIRED of CHALLENGES! Robert looked up at the ceiling. One Day! One f****** day of peace! Is THAT to much to ask for? ANSWER ME!!! Robert couldn't take it anymore. He burst into tears and fell into the murky water under him. Life was bulls***. That's all there was to it. But. If HE died... his parents would be waiting for him. That's it. Take his life to be with them. Robert got out of the tub, still in tears, and grabbed the scissors from the sink. This is all it takes. Robert's hands were trembling with fear. He was about to face death. Could he do this? While conflicting with himself, the scissors got ever so closer to his chest. Mom... Dad... NOOOOOOOOOO! With a flash of anger and grudge, he threw the scissors against the wall. Shattering the mirror...

He couldn't do it. Something was STILL pushing him to live. Why? I don't have a single purpose I'd be leaving behind! Then it finally hit him. ...purpose. Purpose. Something he had never had. Something he had always wanted. Something he would kill for. He was dying for the purpose he didn't have. Robert's tears were halting. With everything clear, things seemed a little different. Things seemed... Hopeful. Robert was a realist. If there was no hope, he would be dead. Robert had hope. He could BE that hope. the hope that people like him need. Maybe That was his purpose? His thoughts were blocked by the sound of the shower head still spraying. Rob turned it off, and dried himself. I have to have at least a little bit of hope. Without that, I have nothing. Robert's thoughts started coming back down to Mobius. He needed to go back home. He needed a car. WAIT! This house is nearly unscathed! That means... Robert kept hoping for a miracle to shine on him. And sure enough. In the garage was a pickup... and a dune buggy. In perfect condition. A dune Buggy? That's perfect! But. How? How could I get this lucky? Then he realized. Having hope pays off. If I lost all hope in there, I would be dead. I never would have found this... miracle. Robert wished there was someone he could thank for this. So he said it to himself. Thanks.

Hot-wiring the buggy took just a few seconds. He was also used to driving. One of the skills he picked up on his own. Robert didn't brag but, he was a good driver. Better than most. After opening the door, Robert stormed out of the garage. Bumping over a few piles of rubble along the way to the cabin. This thing handles pretty well. Plus the full tank of gas will help. As long as I drive straight to Rapture, I should make it before this thing runs out. Robert still couldn't believe his luck. This kind of thing never happened. The tears of before were long gone. He was always getting stronger. Yet something always sets me back to the held-back a**hole I really am. Is it such a good idea to get my hopes like this? Robert pulled over outside the cabin. The buggy made it through the forest without a scratch. Robert entered the cabin for te last time to pick up his last bit of weaponry. Sadly. The only thing that would really be useful to him was weaponry. I'll need a lot of ammo if those gangs start giving me s***. Hands full of ammo and guns, he waked back out of the cabin. I'm gonna really miss this place. I don't know why. But I am. The beat up scout-bot on the side of the cabin caught his attention. Sorry I never got to finish you Sam. I'll come back. I promise. Wait. That hardware chip is inside, and already wiped. I'll be right back Sam. Rob had one last thing to do before he left. He grasped the chip from the counter and dashed back outside.

After a few minutes, the chip Sam depended on was gone, and replaced with a new one. One Robert had actually taken the time to get. Sorry Sam, but that's all I can do for now. Robert said his goodbyes, put the guns in the buggy next to him, tied them down, and fired it up. I'm really going home... His attention turned to the cabin one last time. Then he drove off from where he came, looking back only once. goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm
He closed his eyes for a moment. This is not good. There are two of them now? He opened his eyes again, and let out a long breath. "Like I was telling your friend, here, Hoody, you can't kill something that is already dead." He stood up strait and leveled his sword at the avian robot. "I will not fall here."

Think, Ethan, think. How can I get out of this? I can't fight them for very long, not with the kind of energy left in this area. Dammit, why did I have to use so much? He closed his eyes for a moment, again. Then he felt the energy in the area begin to trickle back. What? How is there...? He didn't trust his senses. There was no way such a thing could have happened. He had just drained this area of energy. It couldn't possibly be returning already. The robots... the energy is coming from them. That's how I'll get out of here. His eyes flashed open, and he smirked. "I believe it is your move."

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:00 pm
Day 1 of memory bank log......................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm
Sitting on the floor of the empty apartment, she decided to try to stay here for the night. This place was as good as any. Wandering out would mean the risk of recapture.
She sat with her back to the wall right under a busted window. Dusk's inky colors cast silhouettes across the floor. Night opened the cover of the notebook for what felt like the second dozen time. She scooped up the pages in her fingers and fan them out. The maps dissipated and a blur of written words fell on the paper. 'Wait, what was that? A diary?'

If you are reading this then it is most likely I am dead. This is your first and only warning of what is to come after you turn this page. This is my story and it is not a very happy one. If you are curious to who I am or was keep reading but if you are a sensible person put the book down and walk away. This is my warning to you... sincerely, Rook Felid, The Grim Grinning Killer.

No way... Why would he give to her something this important? Or...was he already gone...  

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

Daladane1991

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:57 am
Titan smiled in his mind as he drew out his blades and got ready to attack the weakened mobian,"dead,you look alive to me weakling,but I'll make your words true momentarily".Then he recieved a message from his commanding officer,colonel Nevermore,telling him that the colonel was there but hidden,great,now I can show a higher officer in the field my power,maybe even get promoted.He noticed something interesting then.When he had first arrived the rebel had looked three fourths dead,but now he appeared alot stronger.Good,I always love a challenge,he thought to himself as he stepped forward to end it.Then he recieved another message from the colonel....and immeadiately stepped away from the mobian,and kept backing away as Nevermore materialized beside him and stepped toward the rebel,but,but,this was my fight,you're taking this chance away from me,this opportunity,he was mine,my kill.But for all the thoughts he had in his head he couldn't utter a single word of them and he couldn't stop moving away until he was at the edge of the crater.And when he got there he knew without even trying that he couldn't advance again.With one message Nevermore had stripped him of what could've been the greatest moment of the day.Nevermore,he thought,I wanna.........I wanna...........Damn I can't even f...... say that i wanna.....bulls...!He spun around and stormed out of the crater and into the ruins.He looked back once at the two opponents as they squared off for what looked to be an epic fight,not that he cared,and then took off running through the wreckage,scanning for mobian life signs.He quickly spotted some and took off in their direction."I WANNA F...... KILL SOMETHING",he roared.And then he was among them,His machine gun mowed down a group of three,a rocket torched another two,and a grenade blasted through another mobian's gut,shredding the target.That still left four,all attempting to flee at this point.He roared and charged after them,whirling his axe and hammer over his head..........and finished them all within a minute,leaving bodies and parts of bodies strewn everywhere.He knelt among the corpses,clenching and unclenching the handles of his weapons as he thought over and over wanna say it but can't,wanna say it but can't.That's when he noticed the uniform scraps lying among the body parts,then he started laughing,and soon he laughter was echoing through the ruins.He just killed one of their own squads,and he couldn't stop laughing about it,boy,he thought,I'm gonna hear alot of s... about this.Then he turned back towards the crater."someday,someday I'll find a way to say it".  
TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff