Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Fight against the New World Order Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:29 pm
The Curse
I really do not believe in the NWO conspiracy, because there is no tangible way with which 500million people would successfully wipe out 5.5 billion people. Think about it.
Nukes, disease, food control.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:50 pm
Hydra Alpharius
The Curse
I really do not believe in the NWO conspiracy, because there is no tangible way with which 500million people would successfully wipe out 5.5 billion people. Think about it.

If you were to attempt to wipe out populations with nukes, you would have no control over who dies or how many. Unless you were able to stop the other fifteen countries and their nukes somehow, anyway.

Disease is also simply controlled, unless this entire population of 500million is going to include the entire population of every island nation, because all they have to do is stop taking planes.

Food control is impossible. You heard me. Impossible, because people can farm.  

The Curse

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:10 pm
The Curse
Hydra Alpharius
The Curse

If you were to attempt to wipe out populations with nukes, you would have no control over who dies or how many. Unless you were able to stop the other fifteen countries and their nukes somehow, anyway.

Disease is also simply controlled, unless this entire population of 500million is going to include the entire population of every island nation, because all they have to do is stop taking planes.

Food control is impossible. You heard me. Impossible, because people can farm.

Yeah, those would be rather difficult to pull off, for ANYONE.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:22 pm
The whole idea of the NWO draws from Mankinds inherent paranoia of authority, if I am correct. That, and the fact it gives people a thing to debate over.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:58 am
mistercombine
The whole idea of the NWO draws from Mankinds inherent paranoia of authority, if I am correct. That, and the fact it gives people a thing to debate over.

And you're probably right. For every situation that there isn't a clear answer to, there's always someone spreading an off the wall conspiracy theory, of some kind. Actually, sometimes they do so with situations with a CLEAR answer, too.

"9/11 was an inside job!"

"Hitler was gay!"

"The Lindinbergs killed their own baby, and constructed an "abduction" story for an alibi!"

"The Lunar Landing of 1969 was a hoax!"

"Swine Flu is a government controlled conspiracy!"

"Katrina was caused by Iraqis gathering and praying to Allah to "punish the wicked Americans!"  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:09 pm
black_wing_angel

"Katrina was caused by Iraqis gathering and praying to Allah to "punish the wicked Americans!"

I lol'd.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:23 pm
mistercombine
black_wing_angel

I lol'd.

You lol, but there are people who honestly believe it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:44 pm
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

And you're probably right. For every situation that there isn't a clear answer to, there's always someone spreading an off the wall conspiracy theory, of some kind. Actually, sometimes they do so with situations with a CLEAR answer, too.

"Hitler was gay!"

"The Lindinbergs killed their own baby, and constructed an "abduction" story for an alibi!"

I agree. If every conspiracy theory was correct we would be living in an extremely frightening world.  

DioxazinePlum

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:40 am
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

"Hitler was gay!"

I agree. If every conspiracy theory was correct we would be living in an extremely frightening world.

Yes, indeed.

But the point stands that, if you can name a bad situation, SOMEONE out there, can surely construct some conspiracy theory that places the blame on some of the ODDEST places. And a lot of the times, they can actually make them seem to make sense, by taking advantage of peoples' lack of understandings.

Prime Example: The whole "9/11 was an inside job!" idea. Now, part of what they used for "proof" was a video that shows the towers falling. In this video, you see windows breaking ahead of the actual path of destruction. The video tells you that these windows are breaking due to "bombs planted on those floors", but in REALITY, the reason those windows were breaking, was because, when you have that much pressure moving downward, that fast, it builds up air pressure, as the downward bound path of destruction forces air into a compressed state. At some point, the pressure becomes greater than the windows can handle, and the weakest one shatters, as air escapes it, much like a balloon exploding when air forces itself out of a weakened spot in the balloon's surface.

Now, most people don't think "physics" enough to realize that part. Hell, someone had to explain it to me! So, for these people, to hear "DA WINDOWS IZ BRAKIN CUZ OV BOMZ XPLODING!" sounds like a logical answer. And they fall for it, hook, line, and sinker.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:03 am
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

"Hitler was gay!"

Yes, indeed.

But the point stands that, if you can name a bad situation, SOMEONE out there, can surely construct some conspiracy theory that places the blame on some of the ODDEST places. And a lot of the times, they can actually make them seem to make sense, by taking advantage of peoples' lack of understandings.

Prime Example: The whole "9/11 was an inside job!" idea. Now, part of what they used for "proof" was a video that shows the towers falling. In this video, you see windows breaking ahead of the actual path of destruction. The video tells you that these windows are breaking due to "bombs planted on those floors", but in REALITY, the reason those windows were breaking, was because, when you have that much pressure moving downward, that fast, it builds up air pressure, as the downward bound path of destruction forces air into a compressed state. At some point, the pressure becomes greater than the windows can handle, and the weakest one shatters, as air escapes it, much like a balloon exploding when air forces itself out of a weakened spot in the balloon's surface.

Now, most people don't think "physics" enough to realize that part. Hell, someone had to explain it to me! So, for these people, to hear "DA WINDOWS IZ BRAKIN CUZ OV BOMZ XPLODING!" sounds like a logical answer. And they fall for it, hook, line, and sinker.
If I recall, every window that exploded was from the same column. I'm sure it had to do something with the dynamic of the building falling, but it certainly leads credence to the 'controlled demolition' theory.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:16 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

"Hitler was gay!"

Yes, indeed.

If I recall, every window that exploded was from the same column. I'm sure it had to do something with the dynamic of the building falling, but it certainly leads credence to the 'controlled demolition' theory.

Actually, if I remember it correctly, there was no real "pattern" to the blowouts, just random windows going out.

And that's how it works. They find an "explanation" that supports their idea, and they show you the video, explaining it "their way", and your mind, having no immediate means to actually question what you're seeing, believes it, until a new idea can be introduced. It's all part of the whole "power of suggestion" concept.

However, some people never think to seek a "new idea", whether due to laziness, or just gullibility, so they believe it, unquestioningly.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
mistercombine

"Hitler was gay!"

Yes, indeed.

Actually, if I remember it correctly, there was no real "pattern" to the blowouts, just random windows going out.

And that's how it works. They find an "explanation" that supports their idea, and they show you the video, explaining it "their way", and your mind, having no immediate means to actually question what you're seeing, believes it, until a new idea can be introduced. It's all part of the whole "power of suggestion" concept.

However, some people never think to seek a "new idea", whether due to laziness, or just gullibility, so they believe it, unquestioningly.
No, you're right. There's no pattern.

I love how these videos are all "OMG! repetitive loud noises, they MUST be bombs!" Did anyone ever stop to think that a million tons of cement and steel smashing into the building under it floor by floor would make loud noises with a predictable pattern?  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum

Yes, indeed.

I love how these videos are all "OMG! repetitive loud noises, they MUST be bombs!" Did anyone ever stop to think that a million tons of cement and steel smashing into the building under it floor by floor would make loud noises with a predictable pattern?

Lol, again, that's the power of suggestion. During the time when your mind would be asking "WHAT THE ******** WAS THAT?!" before it can find an answer, an answer is introduced. In this case "that sound, is bombs going off!", and your brain accepts that answer, until a new, more logical answer can be introduced. But, that requires the person to SEEK a new answer, if no one introduces it to them, personally.

Basically, anyone who's been convinced that "it was bombs" would probably feel like an idiot when they learn what you just explained, as well as what I explained. But, until they are explained, they believe whatever they've heard, that best answers the questions in their mind. And, in many cases, a "better" answer, never reaches their mind, due to their gullibility, or laziness.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:28 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum

Yes, indeed.

Lol, again, that's the power of suggestion. During the time when your mind would be asking "WHAT THE ******** WAS THAT?!" before it can find an answer, an answer is introduced. In this case "that sound, is bombs going off!", and your brain accepts that answer, until a new, more logical answer can be introduced. But, that requires the person to SEEK a new answer, if no one introduces it to them, personally.

Basically, anyone who's been convinced that "it was bombs" would probably feel like an idiot when they learn what you just explained, as well as what I explained. But, until they are explained, they believe whatever they've heard, that best answers the questions in their mind. And, in many cases, a "better" answer, never reaches their mind, due to their gullibility, or laziness.
And the longer the idea stays in your mind the more convinced you are that it's right.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas