Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Miwaslover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:58 am
I guess you can say for some that it wasn't to the extent of being horrible. It was just a little too decent for most of our liking. To I thought they properly did Haku's voice because it also was done by a woman in the Japanese voices so you can't blame the company for doing their research and putting a voice that they thought would fit the character.

I know some voices are not so great and that really Naruto's saying, "Believe it" is getting on a lot of fans nerves there is nothing we can really do is whine and complain. Eh. I just say they did what they thought was fine and were slapped in the face for it. Sort of like a backed in the corver kind of thing. We never really knew how it would exactly it would be dubbed over as.

If you don't like the dub I suggest don't watch it but that is only my opinion. It was well argued that parents did not want the nosebleed in the anime because it has sexual references that they did not want their children to question them about after seeing a "flood of blood" spew from the unkowing Iruka-sensi's nose. It is just that the American public is very protective abot what influences their children on television since the press keeps saying that the lead cause of violence is the violence in games and one TV.

When your a dubbing company it is hard to dub an anime to everyone's liking and to fit all requirements for the FCCAA, otherwise known to approve programming for the nation. You have to keep it good enough to please all audiences which I think they did to a certain extent. You can say Naruto was a let down but it really was just another you can say Gatch-no-Bell or Zatch Bell. It was that it came so late in the process and everyone knew what it SHOULD be instead of what they had to fit to.

In my personal opinion I really just ignore the voices and watch the beautiful animation that comes with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:11 pm
the american dub SUX, databyo! they ruined it..... they all sound so stupid..... they should DIE A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH!!!! my poor Haku, databyo! crying crying crying  

PureElectricity

Reticence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:12 am
Raine of the Shadows
the american dub SUX, databyo! they ruined it..... they all sound so stupid..... they should DIE A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH!!!! my poor Haku, databyo! crying crying crying

*Pokes at the sadness, patting you on the back*
Maybe if you ignore it long enough it will go away x3~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:10 pm
I think the two worse voices is Kakashi and Naruto. Kakashi sounds like Sasuke, and Sasuke sounds a bit fine..not exactly good..but can't be perfect ne? Naruto sounds like an old guy trying to be a young person...and it's ANNOYING..  

ChibiAngelwolf

Sakura_bloom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:16 pm
While it is true that the subbed version is better. We also have to take into consideration that young children are watching the show as well... but then again I can't really say anything, I stopped watching the dubbed after the first few episodes, mostly because I was scaring my mother ehheh... sweatdrop but the most irritating thing about the dubb has to be the pronuciations! hokage, somehow went from being pronouced Ho-Cage to being pronouced Hoe-Kaa-gay (I'm really not with wrting out words in phonetics (sp?)) sorry the pronouciations just REALLY annoyed me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:03 am
that...and i was watching one of the episodes earlier...when those two samurai fools...try to kidnap...err...whatsherface...tazuna's daughter...then when they were gonna kill...err...inari... tazuna's daughter was supposed to say stuff like she was gonna kill herself...or somethin like it...instead "dont hurt him!" (not exact words...i wasnt paying that much attention..) and the samurai dude stops...i dont remember it to well...cause im an idiot sometimes...lol but that did annoy me...why edit out something about someone commitin suicide...i mean there is plenty of fighting...and soon death on naruto...DATTEBAYO! ...(not believe it..augh..)  

squalltheknight

Reticence

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:40 pm

Anyone ready for the revolution of Naruto to hit the stores?

Being claimed as "The Next DBZ" means that merch will be so
so so very easy to aquire one it really starts to catch on. HotTopic is
already on top of things... What are you all looking forward to?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:38 pm
Hey in the new episode I noticed two things, Naruto only said "belive it" twice and they showed "the kiss". Is this the begining of a brighter better naruto?  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

chibiful

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:41 am
Eh, the dub isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still prefer the original version though. The only thing that REALLY bugs me about the dub is the lack of blood, which really took away from some suspenseful moments.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:28 pm
A positive thing about Naruto coming to America: Better availability of Naruto gear at Hot Topic and other stores.

Personally, I've mainly refrained from watching the dubbed series since I laugh the whole time during it and because Naruto's voice is the equivalence of nails on chalkboard to my ears...  

DreamseerX

Officious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:39 am
I agree, I tried SO hard for the first 3 episodes of Naruto, I really tried to like it, but after that I just gave up. I thought it was good except for a few voices, but Naruto's voice just made a little piece of me die inside.

fantasydreamer74
Chouji is just ugh!

And as for that above, if you don't remember, Chouji didn't sound very good in the regular Japanese version (unless they did that on purpose xp )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:46 pm
DreamseerX
Personally, I've mainly refrained from watching the dubbed series since I laugh the whole time during it and because Naruto's voice is the equivalence of nails on chalkboard to my ears...

No kidding. You really can't take it seriously.  

Crazy Kitten Smile

foxie loxie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:33 am
I can't say that I like the English dub either but I don't hate it. I will always prefere the Japanese. But I can say that I am happy that is on the air here. My younger sister loves Naruto (she is 15) but doesn't have the ability to download it - so having it on tv is better than nothing she says. Though she likes the subbed better as well. I don't like the editting but it is to be expected you know, I understand why they did it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:47 pm
Midorihoshii
DreamseerX

No kidding. You really can't take it seriously.

Even though its a little close minded of me...
I have to say I agree on the fact that you really /cant/ take it seriously - -

Most of the time anyway...
But its still Naruto so I have developed a toleration to that I suppose~

Reticence

SQEEEE GURL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:05 pm
The dub sucks..I prefer the sub much more.Heh,my parents watch Naruto and they also agree.Haha.

Here is my review for when the dub was first shown..I was kinda pissed.^^;
:

Naruto Dub review*

Yuck,I kept remembering 'Luffy' when naruto talked.Sometimes it'll change too..Not to mention he sounds like a hillbilly.They screwed up the main character.And the pronouciations of his name and everything else pretty much sucked.
The editing and changing of the OP/ED songs really pissed me off.
I don't see how blood squirting out of ebisu,Irukas,and hokages nose counted as violence.
I mean when he 'flew' off it looked fake,There wasn't no blood!It also looked even worse!Like they were jacking off.Also did they think it was cool to be a bunch of dumbasses and change the OP/ED songs?!They just cut out a bunch of clips from eps and inserted some theme there.
I liked "Rocks" and "Wind" not to mention its good and the original one.
They just changed it because they didn't like it.Not because of copyright.
Damn bitches.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces