Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:22 pm
Hydra Alpharius
The law is the law and the rules are the rules. You have to follow them because they are there for your safety.
Sheep.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:02 pm
Hydra Alpharius
I wouldnt say its contradicting anything. The law is the law and the rules are the rules. You have to follow them because they are there for your safety.

Pathetic. Especially since some laws contradict your safety at times.

And how doesn't saying "be strong willed and challenge everything" contradict "shut the ******** up you NEVER have final say to authority so bow"?
I do gotta say though, it makes great sheep who think they are free.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:08 pm
Hydra Alpharius
The law is the law and the rules are the rules. You have to follow them because they are there for your safety.
"Why should we accept laws we don't believe in? Amendments are done every so years because the common people change their minds about what laws are right or wrong. No law that is set in place today is guaranteed to be viewed as right in the future."

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:17 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

So is smoking weed more important? How about painting a picture or going to a beach? I dont think that even in these times we live, those sorts of things have lost their luster. If you have pain fabricated by your mind, then a good solution would be to see a counselor and get that looked at immediately. For physical pain, the plants effects have been proven to help. I dont know what people you're talking about... all the people I hang out with are not miserable at all. Maybe a finding of new friends is in order?
Why pay thousands of dollars for a cruise when you could pay twenty or thirty bucks and get totally blazed all night and laugh your a** off watching Univision because "they all talk so funny, and there's, like, this dude in a monkey suit..." And on top of that, even if you did go on a cruise there's no guarantee whatsoever you'd actually end up leaving your problems at home. You might just ruin the cruise and blowing all that money for nothing. Myself being in a position where many would begin drinking themselves to an early grave, I can see why cheap escapism is appealing. It's like going to a bar and drinking away your sorrows, except you laugh more and don't kill your liver.

You dont have to go on cruise you know....
A bag of pot is cheaper than a new video game. I mean COME ON.

Right and a new video game is a better experience than laughing your a** off like a fool.

In your opinion. Some would disagree.

Quote:
Your not giving me any valid reasons. Crack Cocaine is cheap so should I but that too?

If you want to, then yes.

Quote:
The law is the law and the rules are the rules.

I agree to an extent. As long as the rules are there, they are to be followed. However, it is not our intention, in this thread, to advocate breaking the law, but CHANGING the law.

Quote:
You have to follow them because they are there for your safety.

Safety from what, may I ask? Marijuana is safer than pretty much everything else out there. It's not chemically addictive as tobacco and alcohol are. And it's really not that damaging to your body. And, it has health BENEFITS, too!

So, what do people need to be protected from, against marijuana?

Don't be a ******** sheep. Yes, I'm the first to say that if the law is in effect, then it should be followed until such time it can be changed. You, however, advocate just blindly following the government, as if they can't be wrong.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 pm
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Why pay thousands of dollars for a cruise when you could pay twenty or thirty bucks and get totally blazed all night and laugh your a** off watching Univision because "they all talk so funny, and there's, like, this dude in a monkey suit..." And on top of that, even if you did go on a cruise there's no guarantee whatsoever you'd actually end up leaving your problems at home. You might just ruin the cruise and blowing all that money for nothing. Myself being in a position where many would begin drinking themselves to an early grave, I can see why cheap escapism is appealing. It's like going to a bar and drinking away your sorrows, except you laugh more and don't kill your liver.

Right and a new video game is a better experience than laughing your a** off like a fool.
In what way? Isn't 'laughing your a** off like a fool' the entire point of an entire genre of movies?
Quote:
Your not giving me any valid reasons. Crack Cocaine is cheap so should I but that too?
What good does crack do you?

Yes but guess what? You dont have to smoke a single thing to enjoy it!
And crack does no good... but I could say the same for weed.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:26 pm
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Sheep.

Sheep? No my friend far from it. I could say the same for you since you obviously followed the common trend of smoking weed in the first place.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:30 pm
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
I wouldnt say its contradicting anything. The law is the law and the rules are the rules. You have to follow them because they are there for your safety.

And how doesn't saying "be strong willed and challenge everything" contradict "shut the ******** up you NEVER have final say to authority so bow"?

Pathetic? No not in any sense. Where I live the laws are made for safety and the protection of the people. I dont know about you people in the U.S.A and however the hell they run it there. We're pretty free over here.

Oh and if your implying that Im some sort of sheep in a herd, I could say the same to you.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:34 pm
MayIHelpYou22102
Hydra Alpharius
"Why should we accept laws we don't believe in? Amendments are done every so years because the common people change their minds about what laws are right or wrong. No law that is set in place today is guaranteed to be viewed as right in the future."

How about your bill of rights and your amendments? Last I heard, they haven't changed in a very long time... of course unless your president Mr. Brobama decides to take your guns away... But it doesnt matter does it since weed smoking is a whole lot more important than America being disarmed and made weak.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:54 pm
Hydra Alpharius
MayIHelpYou22102
Hydra Alpharius

How about your bill of rights and your amendments? Last I heard, they haven't changed in a very long time... of course unless your president Mr. Brobama decides to take your guns away... But it doesnt matter does it since weed smoking is a whole lot more important than America being disarmed and made weak.
"Just because laws haven't been change yet doesn't mean they won't be changed in the future. My point was there is no reason to completely submit to anything done by the government. This being a democracy, laws can be changed by a majority vote. "The law is the law and the rules are the rules" isn't an argument against any law."

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:56 pm
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel

Quote:

Quote:

I agree to an extent. As long as the rules are there, they are to be followed. However, it is not our intention, in this thread, to advocate breaking the law, but CHANGING the law.

Quote:

Safety from what, may I ask? Marijuana is safer than pretty much everything else out there. It's not chemically addictive as tobacco and alcohol are. And it's really not that damaging to your body. And, it has health BENEFITS, too!

Don't be a ******** sheep. Yes, I'm the first to say that if the law is in effect, then it should be followed until such time it can be changed. You, however, advocate just blindly following the government, as if they can't be wrong.

A sheep? Ha thats funny because I could say the same for you and most of the people in this thread. Oh and I dont blindly follow the government because if you can remember, I posted a couple of topics on how the government lies to you and everyone about swine flu and the such.

They need to be protected from the over abundant band wagon that's destroying the youth of today. That's all I see today when I walk around. Kids talking about when the next time they are going to smoke is going to be. ******** what ever happened to making a future and benefiting humanity? Being an individual? I guess not since its okay for EVERYONE to smoke marijuana right? Hmm what was that word... oh sheep thats right. To the people that need it, like actually need it, let them have their peace. Hell I would be the first one in line to vote for the destruction of every recreational drug. Why? Because its a waste of time and money. So the tables are now turned in the sense that I choose not to be like everyone else and follow in the steps of stupid trend made by tie-die shirt wearing hippies.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:59 pm
MayIHelpYou22102
Hydra Alpharius
MayIHelpYou22102
Hydra Alpharius

"Just because laws haven't been change yet doesn't mean they won't be changed in the future. My point was there is no reason to completely submit to anything done by the government. This being a democracy, laws can be changed by a majority vote. "The law is the law and the rules are the rules" isn't an argument against any law."

I wasn't trying to argue against the law. I was saying the truth which is the rules are the rules and the law is the law. If it changes then you do what you need to do. Sincerely though you realize there are things going on in your country that are more important than whether or not a plant should be legalized...  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Pathetic? No not in any sense. Where I live the laws are made for safety and the protection of the people. I dont know about you people in the U.S.A and however the hell they run it there. We're pretty free over here.

Oh and if your implying that Im some sort of sheep in a herd, I could say the same to you.

That's so naive though. I don't live in the States so nice try being wrong. >___> I live in Canada.

Nope I don't follow that well, I steal what I agree with and discard the rest. You follow law because it's law, I follow law till my freedom overrides its stupidity. You aren't free, you are a b***h to other people's rules created by other people's ideals.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:34 am
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A sheep? Ha thats funny because I could say the same for you and most of the people in this thread. Oh and I dont blindly follow the government because if you can remember, I posted a couple of topics on how the government lies to you and everyone about swine flu and the such.

They need to be protected from the over abundant band wagon that's destroying the youth of today. That's all I see today when I walk around. Kids talking about when the next time they are going to smoke is going to be.

And the law doesn't exactly stop them, does it? So then, we now have to look at health effects. And seeing as how it's no more dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol, then there's really no reason to ban it.

Quote:
******** what ever happened to making a future and benefiting humanity?

A few thousand people toking up, won't harm the future, that much.

If it did, we'd already be ********, since a few thousand people ALREADY DO toke up.

Quote:
Being an individual? I guess not since its okay for EVERYONE to smoke marijuana right?

Right, it becomes a personal choice, rather than a "NUU! DAT'S ILLEGUL!!"

It becomes "Nah, I just don't think I want to do that." THERE is your individuality.

Quote:
Hmm what was that word... oh sheep thats right. To the people that need it, like actually need it, let them have their peace. Hell I would be the first one in line to vote for the destruction of every recreational drug. Why? Because its a waste of time and money.

To you. To some people, it's a way to relieve stress, or just make their boring lives a bit more entertaining.

Hell, a good bottle of beer, or shot of whiskey after a hard day's work...nothing beats it.

Quote:
So the tables are now turned in the sense that I choose not to be like everyone else and follow in the steps of stupid trend made by tie-die shirt wearing hippies.

But your reason isn't because you just don't want to. It's because "the law says no!" If I wanted to smoke up, the law would not stop me.

I choose to follow the laws, but I don't do so blindly. I follow the laws I deem worth following. The rest, I contest.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:36 am
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

In what way? Isn't 'laughing your a** off like a fool' the entire point of an entire genre of movies?
Quote:
What good does crack do you?

Yes but guess what? You dont have to smoke a single thing to enjoy it!
And crack does no good... but I could say the same for weed.
Why is smoking something bad? I'll admit it does have a small risk of starting a fire, but given the cigarettes-lit-to-related-house-fires ratio, it's pretty safe.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:39 am
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Sheep.

Sheep? No my friend far from it. I could say the same for you since you obviously followed the common trend of smoking weed in the first place.
My god have you got me down wrong. I'll have you know that I've never smoked weed, done crack, done heroin, smoked a cigarette, and I can count the number of times I've drank alcohol on one hand, and the number of times I've enjoyed it on less.

"The law is the law and the rules are the rules. You have to follow them because they are there for your safety." is as sheep as you can get. Blindly following the rules without giving a single though as to their justness or morality? That's sheep. Rules that are here 'for your safety' are generally around for the safety of OTHERS. Many times, those others are the lawmakers themselves, because they're afraid of how many of US there are, and how few of THEM.

ETA: Are you being this much of an a*****e on purpose? Because seriously, when I read your posts, the attitude I'm seeing is a father going "oh you silly kids and your notions..."  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff