Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
Generic gaming thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Ok, so, what do you guys all think of Resident Evil 5?

Between 4 and 5, which is better?
RE is one of the game series I feel bad about never having played. MGS is the other.

Well, I've played 4 and 5. I tried to play 1, but the controls sucked out loud.

All you need to know about 4 vs 5 is this:

4 has a lot more gore in it. If you get attacked by a chainsaw maniac, you get to watch your head fall off. 5 they do a camera cut so that you don't see the gore part, you just see the chainsaw cutting into your neck. Among other things of the sort.

5 has a 2 player aspect to it. 4 had points where Leon and Ashley have to work together, but for the most part, Ashley is worthless. She's annoying and helpless. However, Sheva is every bit as useful as Chris is. She gets weapons, and she's ready to kick some a**! And you can play 2 player in 5, whether with someone sitting beside you, or someone over the net. You can play one player, but it's not nearly as fun, because the AI obviously isn't as efficient as human intelligence, and the ability to strategize.
Yeah, I heard Sheva's pretty much dumb as a stump, and always uses the BIG healing packs first. Oh, and she ganks all the good weapons and ammo from you. And you're not allowed to trade weapons with her.

She MAY use up the big healers first, but I don't know on that one. I never gave her the chance. I mostly let her stick with the s**t I didn't want, and I kept all the good s**t, because AI is no substitute for good ol' human logic, and problem solving tactics.

But she can be dumb as a stump, sometimes. And the most she can do, is request ammo. It's up to you to actually fork it over.

Hell, you usually have to give her permission to pick up items, while you're together. You stand by the item, and press square to take it, and circle to command her to. Although exceptions to this rule do exist, they're not particularly common.

And trading weapons can only be done inbetween missions, but I think that's mostly for animations sake, since the weapons placed in either the top, left, right, and bottom slots, appear on your person, and are accessible without going to the menu, by simply pressing the corresponding directional button on the directional pad.

Meaning, if you have a shotgun in the middle right slot, then pushing the right directional button, will instantly whip it out, from off of your back.

But you can trade ammo back and forth, freely, including grenades, and herbs, and first aid sprays, and even eggs.

Also, if your health drops to 0, you enter "dying" mode, where you can't attack anyone, and you limp slowly. Being attacked from this position takes time off of your time till death gauge, and your partner has however long, to get to you and "resuscitate" you (or use an herb / spray). So survival isn't quite so difficult, although it's still not particularly easy.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:43 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

RE is one of the game series I feel bad about never having played. MGS is the other.

4 has a lot more gore in it. If you get attacked by a chainsaw maniac, you get to watch your head fall off. 5 they do a camera cut so that you don't see the gore part, you just see the chainsaw cutting into your neck. Among other things of the sort.

5 has a 2 player aspect to it. 4 had points where Leon and Ashley have to work together, but for the most part, Ashley is worthless. She's annoying and helpless. However, Sheva is every bit as useful as Chris is. She gets weapons, and she's ready to kick some a**! And you can play 2 player in 5, whether with someone sitting beside you, or someone over the net. You can play one player, but it's not nearly as fun, because the AI obviously isn't as efficient as human intelligence, and the ability to strategize.
Yeah, I heard Sheva's pretty much dumb as a stump, and always uses the BIG healing packs first. Oh, and she ganks all the good weapons and ammo from you. And you're not allowed to trade weapons with her.

She MAY use up the big healers first, but I don't know on that one. I never gave her the chance. I mostly let her stick with the s**t I didn't want, and I kept all the good s**t, because AI is no substitute for good ol' human logic, and problem solving tactics.

But she can be dumb as a stump, sometimes. And the most she can do, is request ammo. It's up to you to actually fork it over.

Hell, you usually have to give her permission to pick up items, while you're together. You stand by the item, and press square to take it, and circle to command her to. Although exceptions to this rule do exist, they're not particularly common.

And trading weapons can only be done inbetween missions, but I think that's mostly for animations sake, since the weapons placed in either the top, left, right, and bottom slots, appear on your person, and are accessible without going to the menu, by simply pressing the corresponding directional button on the directional pad.

Meaning, if you have a shotgun in the middle right slot, then pushing the right directional button, will instantly whip it out, from off of your back.

But you can trade ammo back and forth, freely, including grenades, and herbs, and first aid sprays, and even eggs.

Also, if your health drops to 0, you enter "dying" mode, where you can't attack anyone, and you limp slowly. Being attacked from this position takes time off of your time till death gauge, and your partner has however long, to get to you and "resuscitate" you (or use an herb / spray). So survival isn't quite so difficult, although it's still not particularly easy.
Oh, I remember the other complaint... you can carry about a hundred bazooka shells, but only 9 small herbs.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:37 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Oh, I remember the other complaint... you can carry about a hundred bazooka shells, but only 9 small herbs.

Well, that's a matter of how many shells fit in a box. 1 box is one item, regardless of how many shells (of any ammunition) are in it. Herbs count as one item each.

And you can not have 9 herbs, because then you wouldn't have any weapons, and you'd be easy ******** kill. You could have 8 at the most, efficiently.

Instead of having the cache case from 4, where if it fits, you're good, they have it where you have 9 slots. Anything can fit into any one of them. A bazuka only counts as one slot, basically.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 pm
Right now I'm making my way through FF7 for the first time... having a lot of fun.  

DioxazinePlum

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:24 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Well, that's a matter of how many shells fit in a box. 1 box is one item, regardless of how many shells (of any ammunition) are in it. Herbs count as one item each.

And you can not have 9 herbs, because then you wouldn't have any weapons, and you'd be easy ******** kill. You could have 8 at the most, efficiently.

Instead of having the cache case from 4, where if it fits, you're good, they have it where you have 9 slots. Anything can fit into any one of them. A bazuka only counts as one slot, basically.
I missed this reply.

The point was that bazooka shells stack. You can carry 9 (I think) per slot, making it a maximum of 81 shells in your inventory. Small herbs, which IRL should take up nearly no space, do not stack, so you can only carry 9 total. Given the size of a single bazooka shell, I'm pretty certain you could carry 9 small herbs in the same space, not to mention EIGHTY-ONE shells. It's utterly unrealistic.

Recently, I've been playing X-Plane. Did you know that if you ignore the strength of the materials of the plane, a 747 has the aerodynamics and the engine power to pull an Immelmann? Not the new Immelmann, the old WW1 maneuver. Not only that, you can ******** put it in a TAIL STAND and hold it in place at 19mph.

Also, because the demo locks the joystick after ten minutes, I've gotten good at steering by differential thrust. I've successfully landed a plane with no joystick control, just flaps, gear, brakes, and individual engine thrust control.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:15 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

I missed this reply.

The point was that bazooka shells stack. You can carry 9 (I think) per slot, making it a maximum of 81 shells in your inventory. Small herbs, which IRL should take up nearly no space, do not stack, so you can only carry 9 total. Given the size of a single bazooka shell, I'm pretty certain you could carry 9 small herbs in the same space, not to mention EIGHTY-ONE shells. It's utterly unrealistic.

What ResE game has ever been "realistic"? I mean, look at 4. You had the cache case, but you never see it on Leon's person, and so on.

At least the 4 items in the 4 cardinal direction slots, on 5, appear on Chris or Sheva's backs...*shrug*

Quote:
Recently, I've been playing X-Plane. Did you know that if you ignore the strength of the materials of the plane, a 747 has the aerodynamics and the engine power to pull an Immelmann? Not the new Immelmann, the old WW1 maneuver. Not only that, you can ******** put it in a TAIL STAND and hold it in place at 19mph.

Also, because the demo locks the joystick after ten minutes, I've gotten good at steering by differential thrust. I've successfully landed a plane with no joystick control, just flaps, gear, brakes, and individual engine thrust control.

Damn. You should be a pilot.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:53 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

I missed this reply.

What ResE game has ever been "realistic"? I mean, look at 4. You had the cache case, but you never see it on Leon's person, and so on.

At least the 4 items in the 4 cardinal direction slots, on 5, appear on Chris or Sheva's backs...*shrug*

Quote:

I could never stay awake long enough. xd

Also, there's this horrible glitch in the game where anything that breaks 700mph shakes itself apart until you red-out into blindness and crash. Even planes that SHOULD be able to go supersonic, like the F4... still nods into an uncontrollable death-flip. Oh yeah, and they forgot to put a thrust vector control in the F35, so it's a VTOL with no forward thrust control, only vertical. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:02 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

I missed this reply.

Quote:

Also, there's this horrible glitch in the game where anything that breaks 700mph shakes itself apart until you red-out into blindness and crash. Even planes that SHOULD be able to go supersonic, like the F4... still nods into an uncontrollable death-flip. Oh yeah, and they forgot to put a thrust vector control in the F35, so it's a VTOL with no forward thrust control, only vertical. xd

The planes shake apart?

MUST...SEE!!!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:51 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

I missed this reply.

Quote:

The planes shake apart?

MUST...SEE!!!
It's like watching a plane-shaped see-saw in fast-forward. The red-out gets so bad you can hear the warnings but you're BLIND, so you have no chance of flying it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
I missed this reply.

Quote:

The planes shake apart?

MUST...SEE!!!
It's like watching a plane-shaped see-saw in fast-forward. The red-out gets so bad you can hear the warnings but you're BLIND, so you have no chance of flying it.

Nice!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

The planes shake apart?

MUST...SEE!!!

Nice!
Yeah, it's really annoying. The one time I pulled out of it, I just regained enough vision to see out the windscreen and realize that the ground was A LOT CLOSER and far more vertical than it should be.  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff