Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Should fathers have a say in abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does a man have a say in the abortion of his child?
  Yes
  No
  Depends.
View Results

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:35 am
Plexiglass Prism
I absolutely think it is the decision of the mother.

A woman should most certainly not have to go through the pain of giving birth to a child she doesn't want simply because the father wants it. A woman gives up a lot for the sake of giving birth to a child that a man doesn't.

And, with medical science, those problems becomes matters of choice!

You don't want to suffer the pain of child-birth? Anesthesia, to the rescue! You don't have to feel a thing!

You don't want your v****a mangled? Just say "ceserean section, please!"

You don't want to have to take care of the child? Give it to daddy, or an adoption center, and walk away!

You don't want the hassle? DON'T ******** horny to not ********? Behold the miracle of HANDS, and other fun toys! It's really that easy!

There are no real problems with pregnancy that can't be averted or avoided.

Quote:
That would be giving the man control over what a woman does with her body. Complications can occur with birth and if a woman doesn't want a child she should not have to risk her own life and health for the sake of a desire of a man.

And, in return, he shouldn't have to risk his financial security, and all of that, for the sake of the desire of a woman, to keep the child.

So, she can abort, and he can leave. No one has to get stuck with responsibilities they don't want, no matter how much they rightfully deserve to be!

EVERYONE WINS!  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:32 pm
black_wing_angel
Plexiglass Prism

A woman should most certainly not have to go through the pain of giving birth to a child she doesn't want simply because the father wants it. A woman gives up a lot for the sake of giving birth to a child that a man doesn't.

You don't want to suffer the pain of child-birth? Anesthesia, to the rescue! You don't have to feel a thing!

You don't want to have to take care of the child? Give it to daddy, or an adoption center, and walk away!

You don't want the hassle? DON'T ******** horny to not ********? Behold the miracle of HANDS, and other fun toys! It's really that easy!

1. Pregnancy in itself is painful. There are cramps, wind, bloating, kicking, pre-eclampsia: Which nearly killed my mother both times she was pregnant.

2. Anesthesia only works so much. Days after the woman gives birth she has sore legs, a sore v****a and generally there's a 'grin and bear it' slogan attached to the recovery period for that.

3. Caesarians are not as simple as you think. The uterus is not simply half an inch inside a woman, they have to cut really deep, sometimes leaving severe scarring and potential health problems later. I just asked my mother and she showed me the scar that once held the portal between uteri for my brother and me. It's a pretty epic scar.

Caesarian cuts hurt for weeks afterwards.

4. The world is overpopulated as it is. Giving a child to an adoption centre leaves the potential that the child may end up in state care: I'm pretty sure Australian state care is just as unreliable as American state care.

Daddy? Who's to say that daddy alone is going to do the job? Who's to say that mommy alone is going to do the job?

It's not as simple as you think. Children aren't as simple as you think. I'm not sure whether your idealism behind babies is preventing you from seeing the truth, but pregnancy damages women. Sure, they might recover afterwards, but for the duration, they've had to incubate something that squashes their other organs in ways that causes them discomfort.

Pregnancy is no walk in the park, sweetheart.

The miracle of 'toys' and 'hands'? Darling, I spent the early hours of last night fapping away in my room. It's really not as nice as sharing the comfort of a bed and feeling flesh on flesh.

'Easy' solutions rarely perform as well as one would like.
Quote:

Quote:
That would be giving the man control over what a woman does with her body. Complications can occur with birth and if a woman doesn't want a child she should not have to risk her own life and health for the sake of a desire of a man.

And, in return, he shouldn't have to risk his financial security, and all of that, for the sake of the desire of a woman, to keep the child.

So, she can abort, and he can leave. No one has to get stuck with responsibilities they don't want, no matter how much they rightfully deserve to be!

EVERYONE WINS!

Men should be careful about where they put their semen. If we were like seahorses and males carried the offspring, I'm sure there would a huge uproar about women making men take care of offspring.

Look: if a woman gets knocked up and the father wants to keep the baby, she should not have to go through nine months of bullshit to satiate his desire to have a kid.

As you said yourself: there are adoption centres. if he wants a kid, there are plenty of ways to get one without putting a woman through something she doesn't want to go through.  

Kats Scratches

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:37 am
Kats Scratches
black_wing_angel
Plexiglass Prism

1. Pregnancy in itself is painful. There are cramps, wind, bloating, kicking, pre-eclampsia: Which nearly killed my mother both times she was pregnant.

And not having sex, or having sex only with oneself, could avoid those problems.

Quote:
2. Anesthesia only works so much. Days after the woman gives birth she has sore legs, a sore v****a and generally there's a 'grin and bear it' slogan attached to the recovery period for that.

As a somewhat "body builder", I know how it feels to be sore, and to "grin and bare it". Basically, if I felt I couldn't handle the soreness after a good workout, I wouldn't work out.

Quote:
3. Caesarians are not as simple as you think. The uterus is not simply half an inch inside a woman, they have to cut really deep, sometimes leaving severe scarring and potential health problems later. I just asked my mother and she showed me the scar that once held the portal between uteri for my brother and me. It's a pretty epic scar.

Valid. But I'm willing to bet that there are medical advances now that can keep you from scarring badly.

And again, no sex, no problem.

Quote:

Well, I've been cut a few times, and they're not so bad. After a few hours, it becomes barable. I'd assume C-section cuts aren't much worse.

Quote:
4. The world is overpopulated as it is. Giving a child to an adoption centre leaves the potential that the child may end up in state care: I'm pretty sure Australian state care is just as unreliable as American state care.

Then don't procreate. Abstain the flesh, and you have nothing to fear.

But people these days only care about the immediate effects of their actions. God forbid they should be asked to accept the responsibilities they bestow upon themselves.

Quote:
Daddy? Who's to say that daddy alone is going to do the job? Who's to say that mommy alone is going to do the job?

It's not as simple as you think. Children aren't as simple as you think. I'm not sure whether your idealism behind babies is preventing you from seeing the truth, but pregnancy damages women. Sure, they might recover afterwards, but for the duration, they've had to incubate something that squashes their other organs in ways that causes them discomfort.

I'm sure it's not. But, it IS avoidable.

Quote:
The miracle of 'toys' and 'hands'? Darling, I spent the early hours of last night fapping away in my room. It's really not as nice as sharing the comfort of a bed and feeling flesh on flesh.

Ah, but such "comforts" often come with consequences that you may not be up for.

And it's at least tolerable. It's not "quite" the same thing, but it's close enough, if you REALLY want to avoid procreation.

It's called "compromising".

It's so much more "comforting" to live in your own home, all to yourself, than to live with your parents. But, if you're not ready to foot the bills, and tackle the various OTHER responsibilities of self reliant living, then you just deal with living at your parents, until you CAN accept the responsibilities.

Quote:

But in this case, it does the job.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

EVERYONE WINS!

Men should be careful about where they put their semen.

Women should be careful about who they let put their semen in them.

If men have to "watch it", women do too. It takes 2, after all.

If we were like seahorses and males carried the offspring, I'm sure there would a huge uproar about women making men take care of offspring.

I'm sure there would be. And he'd have the right to abort, just as a woman does. That doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Look: if a woman gets knocked up and the father wants to keep the baby, she should not have to go through nine months of bullshit to satiate his desire to have a kid.

I never said she should. In fact, quite the opposite. But she should at least be courteous enough to consider his opinion, on the matter. A compromise shouldn't be absolutely out of the question.

Quote:
As you said yourself: there are adoption centres. if he wants a kid, there are plenty of ways to get one without putting a woman through something she doesn't want to go through.

I agree. However, I will say this. If you're not ready to deal with the consequences of your actions, you shouldn't perform such actions. That's my opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:09 am
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches
black_wing_angel
Plexiglass Prism

And not having sex, or having sex only with oneself, could avoid those problems.

Quote:

As a somewhat "body builder", I know how it feels to be sore, and to "grin and bare it". Basically, if I felt I couldn't handle the soreness after a good workout, I wouldn't work out.

Quote:

Valid. But I'm willing to bet that there are medical advances now that can keep you from scarring badly.

And again, no sex, no problem.

Quote:

Well, I've been cut a few times, and they're not so bad. After a few hours, it becomes barable. I'd assume C-section cuts aren't much worse.

Quote:

Then don't procreate. Abstain the flesh, and you have nothing to fear.

But people these days only care about the immediate effects of their actions. God forbid they should be asked to accept the responsibilities they bestow upon themselves.

Quote:

I'm sure it's not. But, it IS avoidable.

Quote:

Ah, but such "comforts" often come with consequences that you may not be up for.

And it's at least tolerable. It's not "quite" the same thing, but it's close enough, if you REALLY want to avoid procreation.

It's called "compromising".

It's so much more "comforting" to live in your own home, all to yourself, than to live with your parents. But, if you're not ready to foot the bills, and tackle the various OTHER responsibilities of self reliant living, then you just deal with living at your parents, until you CAN accept the responsibilities.

Quote:

But in this case, it does the job.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

EVERYONE WINS!

Men should be careful about where they put their semen.

Women should be careful about who they let put their semen in them.

If men have to "watch it", women do too. It takes 2, after all.

If we were like seahorses and males carried the offspring, I'm sure there would a huge uproar about women making men take care of offspring.

I'm sure there would be. And he'd have the right to abort, just as a woman does. That doesn't change anything.

Quote:

I never said she should. In fact, quite the opposite. But she should at least be courteous enough to consider his opinion, on the matter. A compromise shouldn't be absolutely out of the question.

Quote:

I agree. However, I will say this. If you're not ready to deal with the consequences of your actions, you shouldn't perform such actions. That's my opinion.

CONTRACEPTION
IS
NOT
FAIL-PROOF.

That aside, the way one deals with such consequences of their actions is completely up to whatever avenue that person uses to deal with it. Abortion is one way to deal with it.

Unless you're willing to descend into medieval values, a woman has right to her own body, and she should never have something done to it that she has not agreed or accepted to do.

It's like raping a woman's uterus, if you really want to get down to it. Consent to sex is not consent to conceive.

Unless pre-agreed, both parties are responsible for contraception. Women should take a preventative, and men should use a condom.

No, a compromise shouldn't be out of the question, but in the end, the mother has the final say.

Also, you're comparing a C-section cut with a random cut? THEY CUT INTO A ******** ORGAN. HOW DENSE ARE YOU?

On a last note, back on the masturbation topic:

Although I might hate sex, I can truly understand why people do it. The closeness is really nice. Laying in someone's arms afterwards is nice.

Babies are the last thing on girls' minds when they're in that position. And no hand or toy could possibly replace that.

(Yeah, yeah, I know. Abstain. etc.)  

Kats Scratches

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:33 am
Kats Scratches
CONTRACEPTION
IS
NOT
FAIL-PROOF.
But ******** src="https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/Fresnel149/1191008103722.jpg" class="user_img" alt="User Image" />  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:47 am

She burns like the sun, and I can't look away

Dude, even hermaphrodites self-impregnate without meaning to. I think there's a couple of cases of human hermaphrodites.
She'll burn our horizons, make no mistake.

Kats Scratches

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:27 am
Kats Scratches

Dude, even hermaphrodites self-impregnate without meaning to. I think there's a couple of cases of human hermaphrodites.

lol wut? eek

please back this up it sounds far too ludicrous to be true...

@fresnel hahahahahaha!  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 am
village midget
Kats Scratches

lol wut? eek

Yeah, I'd like to hear more on this too. AFAIK, all human hermaphrodites are at LEAST half-sterile.

But if it did happen, I wonder what the chances are that the child would be your clone? I know it's not perfect, but the chances must be astronomically higher than otherwise.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:34 pm
Fresnel
village midget
Kats Scratches

lol wut? eek

Yeah, I'd like to hear more on this too. AFAIK, all human hermaphrodites are at LEAST half-sterile.

But if it did happen, I wonder what the chances are that the child would be your clone? I know it's not perfect, but the chances must be astronomically higher than otherwise.

lol, i am wondering at the idea that they self impregnate by accident...seems like it would have to be a very concentrated effort to manage that physically...probably quite a talent...  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 pm
Kats Scratches

Human Hermaphodites can not impregnante themselves
Human hermaphrodites are extremely rare.
Pseudohermaphrodites have the internal sex organs of one sex, but the
external appearance of the other. The true sex of the latter becomes
apparent at adolescence when the normal hormone activity appropriate to the
internal organs begins to function. Human pseudohermaphrodites show
functional disturbance of the endocrine glands, especially of the pituitary
or adrenal glands, and do not possess two sets of functioning sex organs.
Because of the homology between male and female sex organs, it may be
difficult to tell whether a human hermaphrodite is a female with
overdeveloped clitoris or a male with underdeveloped p***s, cleft scrotum,
and nondescendant testes. Recently, many persons have undergone surgical or
hormone treatment to modify their nonfunctioning sex characteristics and
emphasize the sex indicated by those that are functional.

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 pm
This thread seriously makes me wish everybody was born sterile and in labs so no one had to worry about unwanted pregnancies because this s**t is just depressing. I get so angry just thinking about the kind of emotional pain a guy can go through just because his child is growing inside somebody else's body. That's totally ******** up.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 pm
MayIHelpYou22102
Kats Scratches

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't too sure. I think there are some animal hermaphrodites that can, but DON'T QUOTE ME ON IT D:

Kats Scratches

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 am
Kats Scratches
MayIHelpYou22102
Kats Scratches

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't too sure. I think there are some animal hermaphrodites that can, but DON'T QUOTE ME ON IT D:
"Yup. One form is pollination."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:12 am
Silver Screen
This thread seriously makes me wish everybody was born sterile and in labs so no one had to worry about unwanted pregnancies because this s**t is just depressing. I get so angry just thinking about the kind of emotional pain a guy can go through just because his child is growing inside somebody else's body. That's totally ******** up.
"What disturbs me more are the twelve- sixteen year old girls around my house poking holes in condoms and "skipping" their birth control pills to trick a guy into getting them pregnant.

That and the new trend in "birth control" where you have unprotected sex and just have an abortion when you get pregnant. (This is where the idea for this topic came up). I live in New York and this has been common. The thing is, there are good men out there that would raise the child and are devastated when they get the news their girlfriends have abortions.
"

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:47 pm
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen
"What disturbs me more are the twelve- sixteen year old girls around my house poking holes in condoms and "skipping" their birth control pills to trick a guy into getting them pregnant.

That and the new trend in "birth control" where you have unprotected sex and just have an abortion when you get pregnant. (This is where the idea for this topic came up). I live in New York and this has been common. The thing is, there are good men out there that would raise the child and are devastated when they get the news their girlfriends have abortions.
"

I'm generally a very accepting person when it comes to a difference in opinion but I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could think a man has absolutely no say in the fate of his own ******** unborn child. That is ludicrous.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff