Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Memorable Threads
Guild-Warming is Here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:13 am
lol, um.......i'm back...oh dear, it's wednesday...few more than one glass of wine last night many sorries.

but ******** it, i'm game to continue for a while...

misti, why are the government asking for your opinion on stem cells? are you a student/scientist?

fresnel, arizona is one of those places lodged in the romantic imaginations of english people...*gasp *you really do live in the wild west smile i am curious to know though why you were sticking a meat thermometer in your door - were you going to eat it? "mmm, yep that looks done, who wants the crispy bits?" lol...

and magmayoshi, isn't bc the place where a polish guy was tazered to death by some mounties? eek rough neighbourhood....  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:26 am
village midget
isn't bc the place where a polish guy was tazered to death by some mounties? eek rough neighbourhood....

No idea. Don't watch the news here, there are better things to do and less biased news to pay attention to.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 am
less biased news? impossible...  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:31 am
village midget
less biased news? impossible...

That's why you must find a version made by people who hate you to cross reference basically XD
Plus I was always fond of the BBC they at least try to stay neutral.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:40 am
that's a good point, maybe i should be watching al jazeera...

the bbc are accepted as neutral by nearly everybody, and yet they are a government owned news station. and, interestingly, when i went to live in south africa i would see footage of blair and bush talking which gave rather a different perspective on our illustrious ex-leader's vision for the world and his enthusiasm for gulf war 2...  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:45 am
village midget
that's a good point, maybe i should be watching al jazeera...

the bbc are accepted as neutral by nearly everybody, and yet they are a government owned news station. and, interestingly, when i went to live in south africa i would see footage of blair and bush talking which gave rather a different perspective on our illustrious ex-leader's vision for the world and his enthusiasm for gulf war 2...

Lol not that extreme XD

Required by constitution to stay neutral as well. They tend to not bias news as badly as other sources and ignore a lot of filler news.
Living in a different country for a while helps as well 3nodding  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:40 am
Alright fools, this party is not over yet!

I say we make it last a whole week!  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:55 am
village midget
fresnel, arizona is one of those places lodged in the romantic imaginations of english people...*gasp *you really do live in the wild west smile i am curious to know though why you were sticking a meat thermometer in your door - were you going to eat it? "mmm, yep that looks done, who wants the crispy bits?" lol...
We wanted to know how hot it was and it was just a bit past the range of a medical thermometer. This year I'm using the new no-contact infrared thermometer.

And yeah, the west still isn't tamed. Where once there were banditos and cattle, there's now drugs. And drugs. And those ******** Californians.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:08 am
Fresnel
village midget
We wanted to know how hot it was and it was just a bit past the range of a medical thermometer. This year I'm using the new no-contact infrared thermometer.

And yeah, the west still isn't tamed. Where once there were banditos and cattle, there's now drugs. And drugs. And those ******** Californians.

I always wondered how those thermoters work. I've seen one that works up to like...20 yards or so. And all I could think was "How the ******** does that work?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
village midget

I always wondered how those thermoters work. I've seen one that works up to like...20 yards or so. And all I could think was "How the ******** does that work?"
It just reads how bright the thing is in the IR spectrum and converts that to a temperature scale we know. The one my dad just got is accurate to .1°F, cost less than $5, and is smaller than the unlocker on my keychain. Oh, and it has a stopwatch feature for some strange reason.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:36 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
village midget

It just reads how bright the thing is in the IR spectrum and converts that to a temperature scale we know. The one my dad just got is accurate to .1°F, cost less than $5,

NO ******** WAY! eek

Quote:
and is smaller than the unlocker on my keychain. Oh, and it has a stopwatch feature for some strange reason.

For those times when you just have to know how fast you can figure out how hot something is.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:54 am
Fresnel
Oh, and it has a stopwatch feature for some strange reason.

...so you can time how long it takes for the life to drain out of your victims... ninja  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:55 am
black_wing_angel

seconded, and may i say you are much more of an authority figure with your new hair and eyebrows...now where's that keg eh?  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
village midget

It just reads how bright the thing is in the IR spectrum and converts that to a temperature scale we know. The one my dad just got is accurate to .1°F, cost less than $5,

NO ******** WAY! eek

Quote:
and is smaller than the unlocker on my keychain. Oh, and it has a stopwatch feature for some strange reason.

For those times when you just have to know how fast you can figure out how hot something is.
With a coupon.

It might have something to do with timing how long it takes something to cool down, but wouldn't you need to use both features simultaneously for that? I don't think the thing allows that, it's only got the one display.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:37 pm
village midget
black_wing_angel

seconded, and may i say you are much more of an authority figure with your new hair and eyebrows...now where's that keg eh?

*slams a keg down in the center of the room, and starts pumping it*  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces