Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Avatar Talk
Have you been cloned? Outfit Thievery. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outfit thievery -
  Is no big deal. Spread the inspiration.
  Is petty. Why can't they create their own?
  I love it. Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.
  Touch my item combos and face my wrath? D=
  Accidents happen, but if they did it on purpose I'd be upset.
  Who the hell cares?
View Results

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:23 am
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User ImageUser Image

Crap. I was correct.

Someone on my friends list is using the same avi as I have. He kept two items underneath, but they don't appear.

Edit: I asked him about it and he changed the avi. =D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:32 pm
i was copied after the first AT awards where my avatar was up for one of the categories.

User ImageUser Image

She copied my outfit, oh, and i used to use the miners helmet all the time with my outfits. I was extremely pissed off, and thankful to the AT member who PMed me about it. but that's the only time i really was copied, i think.  

Katsup

Qwannah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:26 pm
I'd probobly be annoyed with someone who has copied me. My really good avatars definetly stand out from a typical AT standard and I still get high rates.

I've never been copied. But there was this one instance of where I revamped my avatar and Shockies made an avatar like it a month beforehand so cha'. Total accident. xD. But I did place high in the arena with it. heart Anyways... I try crating my own styles. (Which I have done successfully. Ex. Gangstress, Afro-Centric, now I am going for a realistic feel to my avatars).

heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:12 pm
User Image
Yes, and it was so odd. Cause I got a comment in my profile saying that they LOVED my outfit, and like a day later they had on almost the exact same thing. I was like WTF, but nothing I could do. I would how ever be pissed, I admit, if they won in the AA. (Never entered in the outfit myself)  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:35 am
My veiw has kind of changed. Now I have found more people copying me almost item for item, but what weirds me out is no one notices, and they are older outfits of mine, aside form one new one, which is weird because I don't post in AT as much anymore. The fact they get credit for my ideas, sometimes to a very tiresome point is not cool. Thank goodness it is still just the internet. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:55 pm
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User ImageUser Image

Okay. I will be cloned this time. Since i'm first in arena and....yeah. On person who impersonated the winner of week 2 of 2007 PM'd me asking what shoes I was wearing. I've got another person who asked me if he could use my winning avi as their dream avi. I said yes but only with modifications There will be some people who will copy it without my permission.......

-[[Yreka!]]-

[CHEMICALVEINS]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Can you stake my heart?

I tweatked my friend's outfit once. It just came out like that, honest.
sweatdrop

Click The Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:14 pm
I really doubt that I have ever been copied, or if I have, if they meant to copy me. Honestly, I like layerings that don't exactly stand on good terms with most of the AT community. Like the happiness I express about my fishy helms with consistent abundance.  

The Vorpal Tom

zeo_moshimoshi

Aged Member

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:55 pm
no one can't do my avatar current muhahahaha  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:54 am

User ImageUser Image

People keep asking if they can recreate the avi. So that means that there are likely a few people who are just copying it. x_x

-[[Yreka!]]-

[CHEMICALVEINS]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Can you stake my heart?

I sort of got cloned. I have on more things than her, though. I'm not sure if I cloned her, or she cloned me. I'm sure it's just a coincident.
neutral

Click The Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:44 am
Never had anyone actually seen anyone copying my avatar as soon I change the look.

Recently I saw an avatar that looked a lot like my 2004 avatar.

Annaki

LadyArya

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:34 am
I have a, now, relatively common color scheme, so I can't really say whether I've been copied. In general, I see parts of my avvie in others, but not enough to really get upset over. If someone really stole a large part of my avatar, though, I'd be quite annoyed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:31 pm
Some one accused me of being one along time ago, the started this thread saying I was a theif. And say that is not fair that I was geting 10/10s and shewas getting 3's. She only had a a skirt, top, and bag the same as me and nothing went together. She later Pm'ed me and said I stole it, and wrote back saying that there is only a certain of items and some will be repeated.After that I never saw her in the At anymore...some birthday that was. mad  

Plaid_Panda

Sylwithia

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:08 am
No one has ever stolen one of my outfits....
....Probably because none of them are worth stealing........
.....Yet....  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff