Are we becoming a junior America?
  Yes
  No
View Results

hard femme

Assimilated Borg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:26 pm
[I agree entirely!
Especially over the past couple of months with the increasing crime rate it is becoming more and more obvious.
I was writing a song the other day and as much as I hate to say it, I was writing with an american accent. Even someone like me who takes notice and disagrees with Australia's follow the leader tactics, is being strung along.
It embedded in every edge of our society and we don't even notice it anymore. It's getting rediculous.]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:13 am
The media affects us, especially with Hollywood and all. However we have a very different culture to America. People assume that since we're all white, we've all got the same culture and that's wrong.

For example Americans generally keep things very sacred. Australia is a very, very irreverent country. Look at those tourism ads, Where the bloody hell are you?

So as supposedly the most powerful country in the world, America would obviously have an effect on us. Nearly everybody, worldwide, thinks this of their own country. I don't think it's that big a problem until a huge dangerous cult takes over the US.  

evilwickedstrawberry

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:25 am
WellzY
WarriorShadow
I got into trouble with some friends last time i said "We're becoming another america.

So i thought up a new theory about it.

America is only the Tip of the sword driving into the body that is the future of Culture and Society, followed by Britan, Europe, then Australia somewere down the length, with the rest of the countries, be they 2nd or 3rd world making up the Handle etc. etc.

In reality the World, australia included is not Becoming a Clone of America, The world is Simply changing into a more Standard, Uniformed culture due to the Expanding Telecomunication technology and other things like this, America being the Tip of the blade, Simply has the ability to leave impressions on those Changes. Making it seem like we are indeed becoming another america. If Australia was a Super power, Im sure there would be a discussion "Are we becoming to Australianised?" somewhere.

Hope i havnt confused anyone with my Twisted theory.

It's called globalisation hun, and unfortunately, it's been around for a good deal longer than you've been I'm affraid. sweatdrop

Globalisation impies a complete cultural assault. That includes more than just TV, but also radio, music, language, helped also through the use of the internet, and computers, always set standardised to US English. rolleyes

And of course, the other large player is politics.

i love you.... eek  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:30 am
WarriorShadow
WellzY
WarriorShadow
I got into trouble with some friends last time i said "We're becoming another america.

So i thought up a new theory about it.

America is only the Tip of the sword driving into the body that is the future of Culture and Society, followed by Britan, Europe, then Australia somewere down the length, with the rest of the countries, be they 2nd or 3rd world making up the Handle etc. etc.

In reality the World, australia included is not Becoming a Clone of America, The world is Simply changing into a more Standard, Uniformed culture due to the Expanding Telecomunication technology and other things like this, America being the Tip of the blade, Simply has the ability to leave impressions on those Changes. Making it seem like we are indeed becoming another america. If Australia was a Super power, Im sure there would be a discussion "Are we becoming to Australianised?" somewhere.

Hope i havnt confused anyone with my Twisted theory.

It's called globalisation hun, and unfortunately, it's been around for a good deal longer than you've been I'm affraid. sweatdrop

Globalisation impies a complete cultural assault. That includes more than just TV, but also radio, music, language, helped also through the use of the internet, and computers, always set standardised to US English. rolleyes

And of course, the other large player is politics.

i love you.... eek

I love you too. heart  

WellzY
Crew

kruegs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:01 am
I can't really speak for Australia, since I am not living there. I can say that it is probably not to the same degree that we have in Canada. Being a neighbour of the States, makes it difficult to not feel the cultural invasion. ninja pirate  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff