• Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm
lilchibiusa
Trussardi
lilchibiusa
Trussardi
Anyway back to better anime and better anime items on Gaia...
I've always considered the Idiot Hair to be a Hetalia item even though I don't have any proof.

I never thought about it, but you are absolutely right! eek xd The name "idiot hair" resonates with Hetalia's name (Idiot Italy). The fly away piece of hair looks like Hetalia's hair. But, it's the white flag that has me convinced that you are right. Otherwise, why would they put a white flag in an item like that? I'm so glad you pointed it out! xd

But, back on a brighter note, I love I how Gaia has so many anime items. I used to have to settle for just the middle school uniform years ago, but now I can go all out! xd

That's why I also decided to sell the OMG. It's a fun hat but every time I wore it, I would be thinking "but nobody can see my idiot hair." /emo
Hetalia hair > elite hats

Sadly though when it comes to school uniforms, male avatars really only have those sucky middle school uniforms and not much else. There's a petition about for better uniforms.

What kind of uniforms do you want?

I don't need school uniforms. Sure I read Bloody Kiss, but that doesn't mean I want to dress my avatar up like a vampire going to school.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:35 am
Trussardi
lilchibiusa
Trussardi
lilchibiusa
Trussardi
Anyway back to better anime and better anime items on Gaia...
I've always considered the Idiot Hair to be a Hetalia item even though I don't have any proof.

I never thought about it, but you are absolutely right! eek xd The name "idiot hair" resonates with Hetalia's name (Idiot Italy). The fly away piece of hair looks like Hetalia's hair. But, it's the white flag that has me convinced that you are right. Otherwise, why would they put a white flag in an item like that? I'm so glad you pointed it out! xd

But, back on a brighter note, I love I how Gaia has so many anime items. I used to have to settle for just the middle school uniform years ago, but now I can go all out! xd

That's why I also decided to sell the OMG. It's a fun hat but every time I wore it, I would be thinking "but nobody can see my idiot hair." /emo
Hetalia hair > elite hats

Sadly though when it comes to school uniforms, male avatars really only have those sucky middle school uniforms and not much else. There's a petition about for better uniforms.

What kind of uniforms do you want?

I don't need school uniforms. Sure I read Bloody Kiss, but that doesn't mean I want to dress my avatar up like a vampire going to school.

Bloody Kiss was one of the most disappointing mangas ever. xp It really did have potential, but it was just so fragmented and poorly made. stressed  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am
lilchibiusa
Bloody Kiss was one of the most disappointing mangas ever. xp It really did have potential, but it was just so fragmented and poorly made. stressed

The extra story at the end of volume 2 was better. Bloody Kiss's problem is that it only had 6 chapters and was all over the place.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:09 pm
Trussardi
lilchibiusa

The extra story at the end of volume 2 was better. Bloody Kiss's problem is that it only had 6 chapters and was all over the place.

I've read some amazing manga series that were just as short. But, you're right about it being all over the place. It had a premise, but it didn't have much of a storyline. The thing with the roses was cute, though.  

Ellineath
Crew

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:23 pm
Ellineath
Trussardi
lilchibiusa

I've read some amazing manga series that were just as short. But, you're right about it being all over the place. It had a premise, but it didn't have much of a storyline. The thing with the roses was cute, though.

I've read some amazing one-shots that naturally would be even shorter, like Akai Hana. It's only 16 pages and manages to tell a cohesive story. A Silent Greeting was even shorter than that with only 4 pages.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 pm
I've read a few one shots, but I usually prefer for a series to have at least three chapters in it. Of the oneshots I've read, two really stand out in my mind. The first is "N is for Nishiki." It was a one shot at the end of one of the volumes of D.N.Angel. It was really intriguing, so I tried for a long time to find the rest of the series, not realizing it was a one shot, and not even knowing that one shots existed. It could have been the first chapter in a great series, but it never was expanded upon. The other one that sticks out in my mind is a very good stand alone one shot that I think you would really enjoy, Trussardi. It's called "A Request to the Vampire" and it was serialized at the end of "Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou" in Japan. Look it up sometime. It's way better than Bloody Kiss.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:08 am
lilchibiusa
I've read a few one shots, but I usually prefer for a series to have at least three chapters in it. Of the oneshots I've read, two really stand out in my mind. The first is "N is for Nishiki." It was a one shot at the end of one of the volumes of D.N.Angel. It was really intriguing, so I tried for a long time to find the rest of the series, not realizing it was a one shot, and not even knowing that one shots existed. It could have been the first chapter in a great series, but it never was expanded upon. The other one that sticks out in my mind is a very good stand alone one shot that I think you would really enjoy, Trussardi. It's called "A Request to the Vampire" and it was serialized at the end of "Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou" in Japan. Look it up sometime. It's way better than Bloody Kiss.

Actually, I've already read "A Request to the Vampire." [Didn't like "Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou" itself though.] It's just that when you asked me what kind of uniforms I would want [on Gaia in terms of items], the first thing that came to mind was vampires going to school... and the first thing that always comes to mind when I think of vampires going to school is Bloody Kiss because at least the art is cute even if the plot is a convoluted mess. [No, not the books-which-shall-not-be-named as there is nothing cute there unless you count murderous vans.]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:11 am
The first thought that comes to my mind when I think of vampires going to school is Vampire Knight. I love the anime and the manga, not they're really any different mind you.

What didn't you like about Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou? I thought it was good. xd  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:50 am
lilchibiusa
The first thought that comes to my mind when I think of vampires going to school is Vampire Knight. I love the anime and the manga, not they're really any different mind you.

I should have thought of Vampire Knight first considering that Hanabusa Aido is one of my mules. I've only read the manga and got behind on it... really should start reading it again. It's probably an easy guess now which character is my favorite in that series.

As for Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou, I don't like werewolves.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 pm
Trussardi
lilchibiusa

I should have thought of Vampire Knight first considering that Hanabusa Aido is one of my mules. I've only read the manga and got behind on it... really should start reading it again. It's probably an easy guess now which character is my favorite in that series.

As for Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou, I don't like werewolves.

Oh yeah! I forgot about you being a vampire, and vampires not liking werewolves. rofl You do have to admit, though, that Yato is a great lover when he's in human form.

Hanabusa Aido is my favorite character after Kaname. whee You're so lucky to have been able to snag that as a username. xd The series has really slow down. There's only one new chapter per month. Right now, it's focusing on Kaname's history as the Kuran ancestor. You really need to catch up on it. whee  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:03 pm
lilchibiusa
Oh yeah! I forgot about you being a vampire, and vampires not liking werewolves. rofl You do have to admit, though, that Yato is a great lover when he's in human form.

Hanabusa Aido is my favorite character after Kaname. whee You're so lucky to have been able to snag that as a username. xd The series has really slow down. There's only one new chapter per month. Right now, it's focusing on Kaname's history as the Kuran ancestor. You really need to catch up on it. whee

It's not even that. I like some wherewolves, like Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter books. He legitimately has a hard life because everyone knows what he is such that it has a negative impact on his life as werewolves are required to register their status.

However most werewolves in fiction are not like that. They are in setting where society as a whole doesn't know that they exist. Unlike ghosts, vampires, zombies, litches, skeletons, Remus Lupin [because everyone knows] and other formerly human mythical creatures -- these werewolves get days off. Except for a few nights every month when the moon is full, they can lead fairly normal lives.... but the funny thing is that most fictional werewolves are a bunch of whiners [woe is me, I'm a werewolf] when they're not transformed, like they have it harder than some guy that stinks of rotting flesh and has urges to eat his best friend's brains. That's why I don't really like werewolves.

I grabbed Hanabusa Aido's name for my mule account after seeing the first volume [US edition] on a shelf in book store, which is funny only in that there was already a Vampire Knight fandom thread on Gaia. I suppose that most people were too busy falling over the main three characters to go after him, but he's my favorite period in that series.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:14 pm
He's just a fun character in an overly serious manga series. If it weren't for Aido, the tension would be way too high. Plus, he's adorable. whee

I caved into peer pressure, so I'm watching Soul Eater right now. Everyone kept talking about it at the anime cons, so I decided to watch it so I wouldn't be left out. It's pretty good. There are several plot holes in it, but it's entertaining. There are things that I would rather be watching, but it's not bad. There's one character in it that I absolutely love: Death the Kid. He's so incredibly OCD that he can't even fight the bad guys if everything isn't exactly symmetrical. rofl

*Edit - Back to werewolves, Yato from Kindan no Koi wo Shiyo never whines. He's a pretty happy guy. 3nodding  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 pm
lilchibiusa
*Edit - Back to werewolves, Yato from Kindan no Koi wo Shiyo never whines. He's a pretty happy guy. 3nodding

I may have to try actually reading that because I really only read the the one-shot A Request to the Vampire from it, and assumed that Kindan no Koi wo Shiyo was just more whiny werewolves.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Sachie Whitby
lilchibiusa

I may have to try actually reading that because I really only read the the one-shot A Request to the Vampire from it, and assumed that Kindan no Koi wo Shiyo was just more whiny werewolves.

Let me warn you that it's very naughty. rofl There are actually three series for that one. The second part is Zoku Kindan no Koi Shiyou. The third part is Kindan no Koi de Ikou. I guess they didn't realize how popular it was going to be, so they kept ending it and restarting it. blaugh  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:56 pm
lilchibiusa
Sachie Whitby
lilchibiusa

Let me warn you that it's very naughty. rofl There are actually three series for that one. The second part is Zoku Kindan no Koi Shiyou. The third part is Kindan no Koi de Ikou. I guess they didn't realize how popular it was going to be, so they kept ending it and restarting it. blaugh

Nothing can be as bad as Angel Sanctuary when it comes to naughty-ness, and I read that one completely.  
Ye Olde Lobby

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff