Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should I express myself in school...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i express myself?
  yes
  no
View Results

Wat3rM3lon Condom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:24 pm
god do it
be ur self dont listen to them if they make fun of u
just say fu** o** all of u mrgreen i say alot  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:50 pm
stare 3nodding go ahead i'm gonna go running around on Friday yelling "HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH blaugh "  

Lucky F13

Invisible Giver

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

mega_melfina

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:40 pm
I say go for it, but I know how you feel. Grade school was rough for me because I wore what I wanted and wore my headphones non-stop. I had numerous nicknames like Vampy, mute girl, ice queen, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:49 pm
Just go for it. You won't know what will happen when you try. Who knows, You might make more friends than you expected. I have many nicknames:
Demon
Devil's Child
Devil
Freak
Goth
Hyper Active Spawn of
Punk Goth (One of these are actualy true. Oh my goodness.)
SatanSuicide Girl
Wierdo
and many more...

I can't think of the others right now because my mind is on this sugar I am eating.  

Sexy_Angel_Native

Dangerous Loverboy

10,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:00 pm
Ame argentee
i decided that i am gonna express myself in school but i cant till after christmas because that is when i get all of my money... plus my mom wont let me dye my hair black evean though all of my friends said it would look good.... plus why i cant untill after christmas is because all of the clothes that i like are like 55 $

$55 is like the standard at hot topic. it's crazy stuff  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 pm
i wish i could be who i really am but i cant becuz my sister goes to school with me and if my family found out that i was gothic my parents wouldnt talk to me my mom stongly disagrees with the life style cant wiat until im 18 then she cant stop me from being me.my friends think its great me being what i am but not my family and thats who i need to except me but i know they wont my mom doesnt even like that i i wear as much black as i do  

Vampire Mistic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200

crazykillercat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:14 pm
cathi
i wish i could be who i really am but i cant becuz my sister goes to school with me and if my family found out that i was gothic my parents wouldnt talk to me my mom stongly disagrees with the life style cant wiat until im 18 then she cant stop me from being me.my friends think its great me being what i am but not my family and thats who i need to except me but i know they wont my mom doesnt even like that i i wear as much black as i do

You really don't need to wear black or wear Hot Topic clothes from head to toe to be who you are. Goth is more of an attitude than a clothing style, and there are more ways to express yourself than through your clothes. Trust me, I went to a school with a uniform (white, collared shirt, navy blue pants/skirt, brown shoes) for 4 years. If you want to avoid conflict with your parents, my suggestions are to use headphones when listening to music, wear other colors along with some black, and to save your money so you can move out when you turn 18.
You could also try talking to your mom. You might be able to reason with her and reassure her that being gothic does not mean you're going to become destructive or something else people connect with goths. Most people just automaticaly don't accept what they don't understand, but if you explain to her why you are the way you are, she might feel a little better.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:26 pm
[Draco~fan]
Then tell them. If you dont like to hide things, then dont hide who you are.

yea, if they dont like you just because you're you, then who needs them??  

Phantom Devil

The Reused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:10 pm
*sigh*
the more you express yourself
the more unique you are
the more unique you are
the more you stand out
the more you stand out
the more people avoid you
the more people avoid you
the happier you are....
thats the way i go anyway  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Ame argentee
ive been thinking if i should express myself in school... but i am afraid if like people are gonna make fun of me or something...

BEing yourself is a very large step for the development of a person. It is also one of the few that once you start down the path of there is pretty much no turning back from it. You should do so when you feel that you are read yto do so regardless of the consequences however before you have that mentality it could be a very dangerous thing for you to do.  

Antiklion Ingle

Holy Hydroxide

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:40 pm
Express yourself. As quoted from Billie Joe Armstrong, "Don't let these bastards dictate your life or try to tell you what to do." Besides, I can cuss at them in Latin. Dead languages are useful...

Anyway, back on topic. I sometimes have this problem. People can't accept me as I am. Don't worry about those people, they're not worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:42 pm
Mmm, I get made fun of all the time. Not for being goth, but for other reasons. Like the fact that, according to the doctor (or the physical therapist, whoever said it) the muscles in pretty much all of my lower body are tight and I walk on my toes naturally. And I talk to myself. And I generally act kinda... well, insane. Know what I do? Ignore them. Most of the time. If not, I'll try to think of a witty comeback, or play along. For instance, I always say that if someone calls me a schizophrenic lesbian Amy Lee stalker, I'd say, "Well, you're lucky I'm ignoring the voices. They're telling me to choke you with Amy's corset." I guess that's why I'm goth, because nobody else accepts me. Go ahead, express yourself. It's fun!  

EvFaerAshlynn

xXMarmalade_ChainsawXx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:50 pm
i say go for it it's better to be you'r self and get called a few names than be some one you aren't and hide you'r true self neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:56 pm
Ame argentee
deadly_demon
Hun, if people are low enough to make fun of you for being yourself then you should just ignore them. People like that just want to make you feel bad and you shouldn't let them.
thanks because people started to ask stupid questions to me when i let everyone know i am wiccan...
im wiccan too and i told ppl when i was in ninth and they asked stupid questions and made fun of me but its just basically ppl being stupid  

kingking1

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:11 pm
ok well honestly i say **SCREW ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE** the only ones that matter r those i no those like me & those i admire the rest can kiss my pearly white a**!!!!!!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff