Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What are your thoughts on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Longshot CS-6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:47 pm
I think a woman should have the right to choose under certain circumstances. If the woman is raped, it is not her fault if she gets pregnant. She should be able to get an abortion payed for by the rapist. In a case of incest, well I'm still on the fence about that. I mean, you shouldn't be banging your dad or your brother in the first place. Maybe if she was drunk as hell, but thats really it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:36 am
Longshot CS-6
I think a woman should have the right to choose under certain circumstances. If the woman is raped, it is not her fault if she gets pregnant. She should be able to get an abortion payed for by the rapist. In a case of incest, well I'm still on the fence about that. I mean, you shouldn't be banging your dad or your brother in the first place. Maybe if she was drunk as hell, but thats really it.

Does not matter how much they drink, incest is never ok and most of the time it is not by choice for the victim.  

Pumona

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 pm
see me myself it is never right don't care but for the arguments sake lets take a gander

it is gods will life and death so when you make that decision is it destiny that that baby is aborted or a completely all on you now i think it depends on the person i don't know it is wrong in every way but i don't know  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:59 am
you know what i can't even think of the right words to say my sadness and anger about this its a baby i just don't get why the greatest country in the world would have legal to kill them and the whole rape thing what did the baby do? nothing they should punish the rapist not the baby  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:37 pm
yeah, but don't punish the victim either! Why have to go through being pregnant and childbirth when you didn't have the choice in the first place? That would be taking away peoples' rights.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:39 pm
Pumona
Longshot CS-6

Does not matter how much they drink, incest is never ok and most of the time it is not by choice for the victim.

True, but it does matter how much they drink because it makes the line of 'ok' and 'never ok' fuzzy. It makes them loose their judgement. I think this should be taken into consideration.  

Captain Syrus Haley

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:18 pm
Captain Syrus Haley
yeah, but don't punish the victim either! Why have to go through being pregnant and childbirth when you didn't have the choice in the first place? That would be taking away peoples' rights.

you know what your right we should not take away our right to murder our children.... >:'I its like wanting to kill you mom and dad when they get old cause you don't want to deal with them.

" You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:45 pm
Tsukasa Wave
you know what i can't even think of the right words to say my sadness and anger about this its a baby i just don't get why the greatest country in the world would have legal to kill them and the whole rape thing what did the baby do? nothing they should punish the rapist not the baby

Now, just to play devil's advocate:
The inalienable rights of man are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (Locke defined this one as "Property," but our founders didn't like the phrasing of that). Now, these rights must either be co-equal, or ranked by social preference. If they are equal, then what you are doing is placing the right of a fetus, which we have no evidence has self-awareness, to life above the right of the woman to liberty (which, in the case of reproductive freedom and bodily self-determination, rape constitutes violations thereof). That would be a fundamental violation of the principle of co-equal fundamental rights. In fact, it would be an outright declaration that liberty does not confer to sexual matters. In other words, if a woman can be forced to carry a rapist's baby to term, why can't we simply mandate that women reproduce in general, irrespective of all other matters?

Additionally, as a Republican would you support higher taxes to pay for welfare for rape-babies? I assure you, convicted rapists will not have the income to pay for child support. Would you support additional financial compensation for women who reproduce without choice as opposed to those who do? Do you support additional social programs in general as a means of discouraging abortion? I guess, which is more important to you, low taxes, or low abortions?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 am
In cases of rape/incest, medical reasonings as in either the mother's life is in danger or theres a birth defect somewhere, then its okay. Otherwise, it needs to be taken into serious consideration and discussed by both parents. Something I know from experience.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 am
Lord Bitememan
Tsukasa Wave

Now, just to play devil's advocate:
The inalienable rights of man are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (Locke defined this one as "Property," but our founders didn't like the phrasing of that). Now, these rights must either be co-equal, or ranked by social preference. If they are equal, then what you are doing is placing the right of a fetus, which we have no evidence has self-awareness, to life above the right of the woman to liberty (which, in the case of reproductive freedom and bodily self-determination, rape constitutes violations thereof). That would be a fundamental violation of the principle of co-equal fundamental rights. In fact, it would be an outright declaration that liberty does not confer to sexual matters. In other words, if a woman can be forced to carry a rapist's baby to term, why can't we simply mandate that women reproduce in general, irrespective of all other matters?

Additionally, as a Republican would you support higher taxes to pay for welfare for rape-babies? I assure you, convicted rapists will not have the income to pay for child support. Would you support additional financial compensation for women who reproduce without choice as opposed to those who do? Do you support additional social programs in general as a means of discouraging abortion? I guess, which is more important to you, low taxes, or low abortions?

most people use abortion as birth control you know whats a difference of a baby were the mother been raped and a baby were the mother wasn't raped nothing they can be good and they can be bad here are what some other people think i personally think everyone deserves a chance to live

>.> "I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. ~Ronald Reagan"

"IS ABORTION MURDER? As someone who believes in God I believe there are absolutes in this life. That being the case I believe there is a definitive answer to the question. The Supreme Court has ruled that it is not murder but that has done little to end the debate.

What if a higher power gave us the answer in a sealed envelope? Once and for all the question would be answered to end all of the speculation...with one catch. Those who feel abortion is not murder must stake there life on it before the envelope is opened. How many would?

If you are one of those who takes a strong pro-choice stance I would ask you to put yourself in this situation. If you would not stake your own life on it how can you feel justified in staking the lives of millions of unborn? What if you are wrong? If you are only 99.9% sure abortion is not murder you should still feel obligated to take a pro-life stance. Unless you feel taking a 0.1% chance on the lives of millions is okay.

I believe abortion is murder but if I'm wrong then I can still stand before God with a clear conscience. Can you?"

but whats the point of this it just beating a dead horse  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

you know what your right we should not take away our right to murder our children.... >:'I its like wanting to kill you mom and dad when they get old cause you don't want to deal with them.

" You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken."

Woah woah hold up G, I'm not for abortion in general. I'm beginning to sound like a bloody liberal on a lot of these topics, but I promise I support the conservative view on all but a few. I'm just more moderate than most. I don't support abortion, I don't recall ever saying we have the right to murder children. I'm saying we should let the rape victims decide if they want to or not, because if we force them to do something we're not giving them a choice. A rape victim has no choice to have a kid or not... if they decide to keep the child then great! But if they don't, then the blood is on their hands, not mine, not yours, not the government's. We should give the people individual freedom, that's what conservatives are for, right?

P.S. this is just for a rape scenario, in all other cases I believe we should ban abortion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm
Captain Syrus Haley
Tsukasa Wave
Captain Syrus Haley

Woah woah hold up G, I'm not for abortion in general. I'm beginning to sound like a bloody liberal on a lot of these topics, but I promise I support the conservative view on all but a few. I'm just more moderate than most. I don't support abortion, I don't recall ever saying we have the right to murder children. I'm saying we should let the rape victims decide if they want to or not, because if we force them to do something we're not giving them a choice. A rape victim has no choice to have a kid or not... if they decide to keep the child then great! But if they don't, then the blood is on their hands, not mine, not yours, not the government's. We should give the people individual freedom, that's what conservatives are for, right?

P.S. this is just for a rape scenario, in all other cases I believe we should ban abortion.

oh im sorry i dint mean to be so harsh sweatdrop i hope youll forgive me what your saying makes sence  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

notoast8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm
Tsukasa Wave

Just imagine, you are having a baby from a man whom held you down and raped you to pursuit HIS happiness. So you have a baby on your shoulders to worry about and have to decide whether to take care or him/her or abolish this poor life. To tell you the truth even I wouldn't know what to do in such a melancholy state, but I presume that if it were you how would you react to this situation? Sorry this is just a question XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 pm
NENE4567
Tsukasa Wave

Just imagine, you are having a baby from a man whom held you down and raped you to pursuit HIS happiness. So you have a baby on your shoulders to worry about and have to decide whether to take care or him/her or abolish this poor life. To tell you the truth even I wouldn't know what to do in such a melancholy state, but I presume that if it were you how would you react to this situation? Sorry this is just a question XD

i would keep him/her i don't want innocent blood on my hands  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

notoast8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm
Tsukasa Wave
NENE4567
Tsukasa Wave

i would keep him/her i don't want innocent blood on my hands

Wow a good soul I hope happiness for you, but another question I ask is what happened if you were in middle school and this happened?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff