Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Wig Help Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:36 am
I'm probably going to look like the biggest noob here... but i have never made a wig dont know anything about them, and need a wig to cosplay this character in a couple months, i have no idea how to style and am colorblind so i have no idea where to go on finding this wig and my friends have not been very helpful, any advice on what to do, where to go, what wigf to get and how to style it etc wold be very much appreciated!
the characters name is Himawari Furutani she is from Yuru Yuri.

User Image

while im asking as well i also need to find some wig out there of this character and ....again no idea how to style or cut or anything with wigs and am colorblind so idk what id be looking for >.< her name is kyoko toshino from Yuru Yuri as well.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 pm
Yellow_Ronin2000
I plan on going as Gray from Fairy tail and it's going to be my first time using and styling my own wig. I went on cosworx and found a really good wig but i plan i straightening it with warm water from what i've read from others then styling it. If anybody has any tips on styling/spiking this wig i would really appreciate it with steps lol
Gray
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/kenshikii/c9646773e7a2975b5bdb0a043bef58f7.jpg (frontal)
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac113/Onigiri_Iconz/Fairy Tail/Gray/53-2.jpg (side)

Gray's possible wig(if it's not a good one feel free to find another)
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=26258&cat=2446&page=1
Thanks!

Gray is my fave character on Fairy Tail. I can't wait to see how your cosplay turns out! For the wig, I know that "got2B glued" is a good product with a strong hold. I found a YouTube video that might help for Gray! Maybe this will give you an idea on how to style it smile

Spiking 101  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:23 pm
Hi! Has anyone every either purchased a synthetic wig and it was all knotted or frizzy, and looked super fake? Or have you had a wig for a while and it's starting to lose it's volume and shape?

I wanted to share this little trick I found out, and it has helped me in many situations where I wore a synthetic wig, especially when I got a wig from Party City for Halloween.

The trick is to use fabric softener!
What I do is, I grab a large bucket or fill the sink with 2 parts fabric softener and 2 or more parts, (depending on the length of the wig) of lukewarm water. DON'T use hot water because it will damage the fibres in your synthetic wig!! Then, submerge the wig in the softener/water mixture and leave the wig in there for about half an hour or so, depending on how bad the condition of the wig was. (Mine was terrible, with so many knots, so I had to soak it for an hour). Move the wig around occasionally. Once that is done, empty the mixture and fill it with clean, lukewarm water and this time, leave the wig in there for about 10 mins or so, to allow for any softener to wash out. Then, I added some normal conditioner, focusing on the ends, left it from a few minutes, then gave the wig a good rinse, and gently squeezed some water out so it's not dripping wet. I didn't have a mannequin wig head, so I hung mine to dry on the railing of my stairs. After it dries a bit (so it's not soaking wet), I grabbed a wide toothed comb and separated the wig into parts and slowly brushed it out, working downwards- VERY carefully. Use your fingers to untangle some areas, holding onto the hair at the base to prevents the fibres from pulling out of the wig cap! Do this to the whole wig. Wait until it dries, then you should notice a huge difference! Style as you would normally!

Hopefully this helps like it did for me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:55 am
Starz-N-Madness
Hi! Has anyone every either purchased a synthetic wig and it was all knotted or frizzy, and looked super fake? Or have you had a wig for a while and it's starting to lose it's volume and shape?

I wanted to share this little trick I found out, and it has helped me in many situations where I wore a synthetic wig, especially when I got a wig from Party City for Halloween.

What I do is, I grab a large bucket or fill the sink with 2 parts fabric softener and 2 or more parts, (depending on the length of the wig) of lukewarm water. DON'T use hot water because it will damage the fibres in your synthetic wig!! Then, submerge the wig in the softener/water mixture and leave the wig in there for about half an hour or so, depending on how bad the condition of the wig was. (Mine was terrible, with so many knots, so I had to soak it for an hour). Move the wig around occasionally. Once that is done, empty the mixture and fill it with clean, lukewarm water and this time, leave the wig in there for about 10 mins or so, to allow for any softener to wash out. Then, I added some normal conditioner, focusing on the ends, left it from a few minutes, then gave the wig a good rinse, and gently squeezed some water out so it's not dripping wet. I didn't have a mannequin wig head, so I hung mine to dry on the railing of my stairs. After it dries a bit (so it's not soaking wet), I grabbed a wide toothed comb and separated the wig into parts and slowly brushed it out, working downwards- VERY carefully. Use your fingers to untangle some areas, holding onto the hair at the base to prevents the fibres from pulling out of the wig cap! Do this to the whole wig. Wait until it dries, then you should notice a huge difference! Style as you would normally!

You can also use hair polish for a similar effect. It'll give the wig a nice sheen, and help the fibers sit nicely and de-tangle.  

xinitia

Crew

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 am
Noire himesama
I'm probably going to look like the biggest noob here... but i have never made a wig dont know anything about them, and need a wig to cosplay this character in a couple months, i have no idea how to style and am colorblind so i have no idea where to go on finding this wig and my friends have not been very helpful, any advice on what to do, where to go, what wigf to get and how to style it etc wold be very much appreciated!

User Image

while im asking as well i also need to find some wig out there of this character and ....again no idea how to style or cut or anything with wigs and am colorblind so idk what id be looking for >.< her name is kyoko toshino from Yuru Yuri as well.

User Image

Check out the wigs on Epic Cosplay and Anime Stuff. When I get off work I'll be able to give you more direction and suggestion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:23 pm
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

User Image

Check out the wigs on Epic Cosplay and Anime Stuff. When I get off work I'll be able to give you more direction and suggestion.

Alright thank you  

Noire himesama

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:54 pm
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness

You can also use hair polish for a similar effect. It'll give the wig a nice sheen, and help the fibers sit nicely and de-tangle.

Really? That's awesome! Where do you purchase that?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:46 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness

I got mine from Target, but I've seen is at Sally's, too.  

xinitia

Crew

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:17 am
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness

I got mine from Target, but I've seen is at Sally's, too.

I believe the product you are thinking of is the "Motions Oil Sheen."
it runs about 4-5 bucks a bottle depending on where you get it.
I personally use Design Essentials Diamond Oil Sheen.

The only problem with the oil sheens is you do have to wash the wigs almost immediately after wearing them, or they do start to dread up and quickly. The oil sheen will attract more dirt than you want it to.

Also when using these make sure they set at least 48 hours in advanced to make sure all the oil has set~

I have also found that using the Loreal kids detangler spray helps as well  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:28 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

I believe the product you are thinking of is the "Motions Oil Sheen."
it runs about 4-5 bucks a bottle depending on where you get it.
I personally use Design Essentials Diamond Oil Sheen.

The only problem with the oil sheens is you do have to wash the wigs almost immediately after wearing them, or they do start to dread up and quickly. The oil sheen will attract more dirt than you want it to.

Also when using these make sure they set at least 48 hours in advanced to make sure all the oil has set~

I have also found that using the Loreal kids detangler spray helps as well

I'm currently using the brand "Proclaim Spray-On Glosser". It's the same idea, though. I never had a problem with the oil sheen attracting any dirt, including some of my field photoshoots. I usually let the spray set with the wig spray and gel, so that could have something to do with it.

I've used the Loreal kids detangler, and that works well, too.  

xinitia

Crew

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:36 pm
Noire himesama

User Image

User Image

This wig might work for Himawari Furutani. It's a longer, wavy wig. I'm not sure if the blue is too dark, though. Cosplay.com's Holly wig has some nice wave to it, and has a variety of blues you can look at.

The Dionysus wig from Epic Cosplay might work well for Kyoko.

Have some fun poking around the internet. If you need more direction, let us know!

Oh, just as a note, most of these wigs come with pretty long bangs, so that you can style them to your face shape and length that you want. I'll try to get something up about how to do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:28 am
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

User Image

This wig might work for Himawari Furutani. It's a longer, wavy wig. I'm not sure if the blue is too dark, though. Cosplay.com's Holly wig has some nice wave to it, and has a variety of blues you can look at.

Have some fun poking around the internet. If you need more direction, let us know!

Oh, just as a note, most of these wigs come with pretty long bangs, so that you can style them to your face shape and length that you want. I'll try to get something up about how to do that.

thank you those look very accurate, i probably will have to cut some of the length off the one for himawari but thats easy.....hopefully! lol thank you! smile  

Noire himesama

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 am
Noire himesama
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

User Image

thank you those look very accurate, i probably will have to cut some of the length off the one for himawari but thats easy.....hopefully! lol thank you! smile

Awesome! I'm glad that it'll work out! Let me know if you have any other questions-I'm happy to help! I'm excited to see how it all turns out!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 am
xinitia
Noire himesama
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

User Image

Awesome! I'm glad that it'll work out! Let me know if you have any other questions-I'm happy to help! I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

looking at it im definitely gong to need help figuring out how to properly style it (himawari wig) and thank you ^^  

Noire himesama

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:03 pm
xinitia
Noire himesama
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

User Image

actually, i was looking through my wigs for a certain wig and tsumbled upon one that woudl be perfect for himawari the only problem is, its a very light blonde....is there a way to dye wigs?  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff