Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inatarin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:25 pm
Nelowulf
For all intensive purposes, we are saying that wedge developed the roping technique, since he did employ it there.

I read somewhere (most likely a game) that no ATAT had been brought down by those means before.

But, General Veers countered by spacing his ATAT forces out so to cover their flanks.

But in reality, the maneuver is not only tricky, but very exposing and is really used only if no other means possible. A concussion missle does the trick much faster and simpler.

There's a possiblity that my knowledge is too limited in the manner, but for this situation, i really don't care at all. If someone came up with the idea, then i'll be wrong. But I do believe the Battle of Hoth was the first time it was EMPLOYED.

Tricky? I doubt it's 'tricky'. No offense, Employed is saying that it was USED, i'm sure a simple maneuver has been used before Hoth.
Isn't it possible that (regarding the lack of C Missiles) Smugglers or something could of used this trick?

I'm just trying to say that the way Luke said it, sounded like he knew what he was talking about. No argument intended. Just voicing my oppinion.

BTW, you never answered my questions. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:21 pm
lets see....

Fire a Cmissle, or rope a walker, which is easier?

In any case, the ATAT hasn't been around for that long of time, less than 20 years. The snowspeeder has been around less than that.

Its kinda a matter of opinion, but the way it sounded to me was that being shocked at the ineffectiveness of the lasers, found that roping them actually did some good. I'd be pretty confident if I found the achille's heel of a powerful army.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Inatarin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:30 pm
Nelowulf
lets see....

In any case, the ATAT hasn't been around for that long of time, less than 20 years. The snowspeeder has been around less than that.

Its kinda a matter of opinion, but the way it sounded to me was that being shocked at the ineffectiveness of the lasers, found that roping them actually did some good. I'd be pretty confident if I found the achille's heel of a powerful army.

True, true, but remember, I'm sure there were weapons similar to the ATAT/ships with toe cables within that huge time gap....
Plus, what if you don't HAVE Cmissiles?

Yes, it is a matter of opinion, I do believe.

But, let's not argue.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:10 am
Inatarin
Nelowulf
lets see....

True, true, but remember, I'm sure there were weapons similar to the ATAT/ships with toe cables within that huge time gap....
Plus, what if you don't HAVE Cmissiles?

Yes, it is a matter of opinion, I do believe.

But, let's not argue.

If nothing else, we always claim that Emsquad is AU. So no matter what, you can't really contest it.

Gotta love the Alternate universe. And now, let this dispute be settled, and back to the main point of this RP help thread.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:56 pm
EmSquad related question:

Are all pilots assigned or, for the most part, assumed to have an astromech for the Y-wings?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:12 pm
Angelic Celestia
EmSquad related question:

Are all pilots assigned or, for the most part, assumed to have an astromech for the Y-wings?

I would think so, since they need one to operate effectively you will probably have a memory wiped R2 unit.  

Uber_Bunny

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:46 am
Yerp, Y-Wings are compatible with astromechs  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:34 am
I was told to post this here so, here go's. this is for the Em. squad RP.
Couple of Q's.
1. can we use TRD (trench run disease, If fighters fly down the center line of a ship [ISD to be more specific] the lasers can not hit it, allowing to deal massive damage [take out the sheild's, command tower, ect.]) as a battle tactic when up against Cap's.?
2.What are the Wing-pairs and flights?  

Uber_Bunny

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:41 am
1) yes. However, when mission profile dictates against it, it is advised not to. Though on an ISD, TRD really doesn't work well... I'd rather shoot fire up its a** to knock out the shields, then do a TRD to the command deck.

2) Wing flights are as follows:

Alpha squadron: Emerald Leader, Em2, Em3 (2&3 are wingmates)
Beta suqadron: Emerald 4, Em5, Em6 (5&6 are wingmates)
Gamma Squadron: 7,8,9 (8&9 are wingmates)

However, in rankings, first in command would be Leader, followed by Em4, followed by em7. If all the leaders are knocked out, then, Em2, Em5, Em8, Em3, Em6, Em9.

Until we get 12 pilots, that's how it works.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:53 am
Nelowulf
1) yes. However, when mission profile dictates against it, it is advised not to. Though on an ISD, TRD really doesn't work well... I'd rather shoot fire up its a** to knock out the shields, then do a TRD to the command deck.

2) Wing flights are as follows:

Alpha squadron: Emerald Leader, Em2, Em3 (2&3 are wingmates)
Beta suqadron: Emerald 4, Em5, Em6 (5&6 are wingmates)
Gamma Squadron: 7,8,9 (8&9 are wingmates)

However, in rankings, first in command would be Leader, followed by Em4, followed by em7. If all the leaders are knocked out, then, Em2, Em5, Em8, Em3, Em6, Em9.

Until we get 12 pilots, that's how it works.

Thank you, but one more question. Whose my wing mate? I'm Em. 7.  

Uber_Bunny

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:46 pm
What exactly is a "CAP"? sweatdrop

And, Em 7 leads Gamma squad, and that Nospai fellow is Em 9, so he's on your wing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:36 pm
Also, is the spaceborn HQ like a Corellian Corvette, or ... ?  

AFK Masturbating

Uber_Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:19 pm
CAP is short for capital ship  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:52 pm
Uber_Bunny
CAP is short for capital ship

No it isn't.

CAP is Combat Air Patrol.

Military terms only.

Captial ship would be called by corvette or cruiser, depending on the vessel class.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:08 pm
Ah, so in other words, the CAP would be TIEs and such?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff