Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
Women's rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think of womens rights
i was treated horribly by a guy and he told me negative things about myself and i didnt stand up for myself plz help
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:48 am
Sure, sure.

Have another cookie and a glass of milk. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 am
*starts to eat the cookie* ^^ thankies *takes a sip of milk*  

Connorthecreator
Crew

jessi_angel94_2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:19 pm
lolz, gramar is such a silly thing to talk about, lets talk about something else.
BUBBLES!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 am
I think i'm old enough to realize about morals n values...i know there is discrimination in the world.... have u ever thought that when some people say things they are only testing you to see what answer you will bring to the conversation.

Whether or not some people in here think i do care or not i was simply testing you answers. I never said that the world is o peaceful. I never said everyone will get along. I said i believed in equality, some of you look at one little thing i say and then you post, you don't look at the true meaning of the words. arrow No not everyone will get along because there are those stereotypes in the world. I don't blame peoples opinions. I was not pissed off at what anyone had to say in here. I believe in peoples right to say what the heck tey want to say.
Think before you speak. I thought a lot about what he said that day and the next day i called him up and told him i did not want to associate with him anymore. He had done this Multiple times, we got in arguments and yes he cussed me out. I did believe in standing up for myself so i cussed him out too. He was a butthole and i did not like him becuz of fact that he treated me and my friends and other people morally wrong. I do not talk about him and i do not think about him. Tha last time i thought about him was this summer. Like each of the people who were in here and actually told me he was a butt and he was wrong but also told me in a bad way to get over myself, i believe you have not found the logic of the situation. Only if you have truly been in a situation similar or like this can you actually feel what im saying. Im not saying that your opinion doesn't matter, im saying it does but don't get your panties in a bunch about it and tell me i'm wrong. If your the kind of person who is like me who can only take so much, i respect you. People push people around whether or not. I know im going to have my days when people step all over me and i know they're wrong; People are different, but you can't change people if they don't want to be changed. You can't change unless you want to be changed. When i was in private school i was taught to obey anything someone tells you basically and that is where i got it from. When i got to public school everything changed, i was in a new surrounding and i had to change the way i thought and acted around people. Yes i still have manners. But when someone pushes me in the hall to get by i WILL say something. I may not like what you say or agree with you but i WILL listen. I won't interrupt you nor will i say your wrong. Everyone has different beliefs and morals but i will respect what you say regardless.  

paintgirl417

Lady Hetfield

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:36 am
I was raised that women are superior to men and no man should ever tell a woman what to do- it should be the woman who wears the pants and so on and so forth, so basically my mom raised me to buiild a slight hatred towards men, and it worked- but I won't downmouth a guy just b/c he asked me a question or anything like that- but if he were to say something somewhat suggestive to me, then he finds out that my bite is alot worse than my bark. And I scare guys away b/c of this but I don't care b/c it makes me feel strong.... and I know it's ignorant and most of this "ignorance" b/c thats what it is, was gained through all of the men we've had in our life trying to tell us what we should do with ourselves and trying to take control of our lives, but I look at it like this, my anger will make someone else stronger in life- it's probably all for a reason, whether it's a good thing or bad thing.there will never be equality, we have this hate all for a reason. Alot of this hate deals with ignorance, it deals with not knowing-not understanding nor wanting to understand. My point being is, don't breed ignorance- try to learn everything you can about anything and pass it on. I am a small example, but I love my pride, it has gotten me far in life, and I'm happy with it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:03 am
paintgirl417
I think i'm old enough to realize about morals n values...i know there is discrimination in the world.... have u ever thought that when some people say things they are only testing you to see what answer you will bring to the conversation.

Whether or not some people in here think i do care or not i was simply testing you answers. I never said that the world is o peaceful. I never said everyone will get along. I said i believed in equality, some of you look at one little thing i say and then you post, you don't look at the true meaning of the words. arrow No not everyone will get along because there are those stereotypes in the world. I don't blame peoples opinions. I was not pissed off at what anyone had to say in here. I believe in peoples right to say what the heck tey want to say.
Think before you speak. I thought a lot about what he said that day and the next day i called him up and told him i did not want to associate with him anymore. He had done this Multiple times, we got in arguments and yes he cussed me out. I did believe in standing up for myself so i cussed him out too. He was a butthole and i did not like him becuz of fact that he treated me and my friends and other people morally wrong. I do not talk about him and i do not think about him. Tha last time i thought about him was this summer. Like each of the people who were in here and actually told me he was a butt and he was wrong but also told me in a bad way to get over myself, i believe you have not found the logic of the situation. Only if you have truly been in a situation similar or like this can you actually feel what im saying. Im not saying that your opinion doesn't matter, im saying it does but don't get your panties in a bunch about it and tell me i'm wrong. If your the kind of person who is like me who can only take so much, i respect you. People push people around whether or not. I know im going to have my days when people step all over me and i know they're wrong; People are different, but you can't change people if they don't want to be changed. You can't change unless you want to be changed. When i was in private school i was taught to obey anything someone tells you basically and that is where i got it from. When i got to public school everything changed, i was in a new surrounding and i had to change the way i thought and acted around people. Yes i still have manners. But when someone pushes me in the hall to get by i WILL say something. I may not like what you say or agree with you but i WILL listen. I won't interrupt you nor will i say your wrong. Everyone has different beliefs and morals but i will respect what you say regardless.

Perhaps if you had finished the story and told us your reactions to this person we would have known more about where you coming from and where you wanted this discussion to go.

Testing someone in a conversation is called "playing Devil's advocate". That is fine. In fact as a teacher I have used that technique before to get my students to look at both sides of an argument, debate, story, etc. However, you're original topic was unclear and I believe what the majority
of us were trying to do was establish what exactly you wanted to discuss. Did you want to discuss womens rights? Did you want to discuss how you were treated by someone? Did you want to discuss equality?

You're subject line was "Women's Rights". When I read that I was expecting a topic on women's rights in the workplace, or the right to choose what you do with your own body, something along those lines. So your subject title was misleading. After reading your original entry it seemed you wanted to discuss how you were treated, which doesn't necessarily fall under women's rights. Many of us shared our thoughts on that matter and you seemed displeased with our answers. It did seem as if you were fishing a little bit.

"Only if you have truly been in a situation similar or like this can you actually feel what im saying". I think it is your turn to think before you speak here. My panties are not in a bunch, trust me, but you are already assuming some of us have never been told hurtful things or have dealt with a similar situation. You said we are all different, we all have different ideas, morals, opinions, beliefs...by this reasoning one would expect that we would all have different reactions and responses to the same or similar situation. I have been situations like that, worse and not as bad many times in my life. Sometimes the things those people said got to me, other times I laughed in their faces, and other times I threw the nastiness right back at them and watched them slink away hurt and defeated. Some people are just plain mean, cruel, stupid and a host of may other unpleasant things. You can't shine a turd, as my hubby's fellow sound engineers say. Meaning you can't make them change and you can't make them any better than their potential allows them to be. We agree on this point, no?

I am rereading your original posts and I am trying to "look at the true meaning of the words", however I must be missing something. Is there something else between the lines that I am not seeing? Your posts seem pretty cut and dry in telling us what's on your mind. I am usually pretty could at deciphering "what's between the lines", but I can't seem to "find" anything more than what you are saying. There are a lot of people in this forum who are great at finding the bigger picture out of a short post, and some of them responded to your topic and didn't pick up on what you intended us to read into. It is very clear you have put A LOT of thought into what you want to discuss, unfortunately it was lost in translation from thoughts to words. Sometimes you should come out and say exactly what is on your mind and tell us where you'd like to see the discussion go in terms of topics. When we all start on the same page the sky is the limit to what we can discuss.

And in the conclusion of my long-winded, Sunday babble, I'm not sure how I feel about this whole testing us to see what we bring to the table. In the classroom it's great because it gives you an idea of what your students already know and what they need to learn. In everyday conversation, to me, it comes across as passive aggressive and kind of sneaky. That's the kind of behavior I have learned to avoid and dislike due to hurtful and dishonest friendships. I think you will find that in this guild you can point blank ask us what we think of something and we all will tell you. You will get answers from up and down spectrum, but they'll be honest,even the ones involving llamas or cats. wink

paintgirl, I truly appreciate the discussions we're having under this topic. Please do not take anything I say or the others say personally. By no means are we yelling at you, reprimanding you or trying to put you down. I know I see things a little differently than some of my fellow guild members simply because I'm an old fart (gah I'll be 27 on Thursday!) and for me it's the whole "been there, done that, survived the drama" thing. And of course well have different experiences with different reactions, different outcomes. I don't think it is always a case of jumping to conclusions before getting the whole story, it's how we internalize what we read and formulate our responses based on our experiences.  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 am
@maeve: lol, Nice job, I Would have said the same thing.... And this time, I'm not even going top bring up grammar (even though I saw a mistake!)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:47 am
what i have to say

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image  

Joeyfish5
Crew

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 pm
Connorthecreator
@maeve: lol, Nice job, I Would have said the same thing.... And this time, I'm not even going top bring up grammar (even though I saw a mistake!)

LOL you saw only one? I reread it and saw like 4! I think too fast for my typing skills. I leave words out sometimes, I used to have that problem back in middle school. Too many ideas and not enough fingers to type all the words.

Hope everyone enjoys what's left of the weekend! Guh, school tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:41 pm
Maeve of the Sea
Connorthecreator

LOL you saw only one? I reread it and saw like 4! I think too fast for my typing skills. I leave words out sometimes, I used to have that problem back in middle school. Too many ideas and not enough fingers to type all the words.

lol, poor, poor maeve, Having to go and teach a bunch of children XD  

Connorthecreator
Crew

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 pm
Connorthecreator
Maeve of the Sea
Connorthecreator

lol, poor, poor maeve, Having to go and teach a bunch of children XD

Umm not just any school children...preschoolers! Not only am I teaching them their ABC's...I have to teach them to wipe their bottoms. Fun times when I can barely bend over what with the large baby bump growing daily. wink I had off this past week...it just makes going to work that much harder. I'd rather stay home and do baby stuff to the house.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:04 pm
lol, Has your "hubby" gotten "pregnant" too? my father did XD  

Connorthecreator
Crew

paintgirl417

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:38 pm
I must admit i didn't give you all my entire story....but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too long. I put up their womans rights as in saying what should a woman do in that particular situation. OKAY so i have to admit i was not throughly gibing you the concept and letting you grasp what i was saying. I will post later and tell you all.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 pm
lolz, okay. maybe we should start over now?
and by the way, no story is too long for me, i'll read 10 pages if that's what a person puts up.^^

lolz connor, you should try not looking for grammar mistakes or i'll personally put a lot up just for the heck of it.XD  

jessi_angel94_2

Falsequivalence

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:59 pm
So Connor, how many spelling or grammar mistakes do I have in this sentence? I'm sure there are no mistakes. I am very good at grammar and spelling. I actually frequently tell my friends that they spelled something like "nonconformist" wrong. I like critiquing people.  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff