Submit

Awesome, right?
  Yep.
  Yep.
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:04 am
Well, I'm officially bored of MW2 multiplayer. mrgreen

My play time on it is something like two days, eight hours--in one week. I'm sure I'll still play from time to time, and if any GGEs want to have a match I'll probably be up for it, but I'll be playing substantially less now.

Still need to get around to Spec-ops mode.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
ArmasTermin

My play time on it is something like two days, eight hours--in one week. I'm sure I'll still play from time to time, and if any GGEs want to have a match I'll probably be up for it, but I'll be playing substantially less now.

I can't remember, but is there co-op for that?  

OberFeldwebel

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:55 pm
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

Already preordered my copy. This is going to be epic. xp

-Darth Vader: The Original Trilogy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:56 pm
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

Yea, Special Ops hass co-op. In fact two of the missions require two people- and one of them is the AC-130 level from CoD4.

Also, I killed a Juggernaut and got the "I'm The Juggernaut...." Achievement. I lol'd so hard that I actually had to pause the game as I fell out of the chair laughing.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:33 am
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

Yea, Special Ops hass co-op. In fact two of the missions require two people- and one of them is the AC-130 level from CoD4.

Also, I killed a Juggernaut and got the "I'm The Juggernaut...." Achievement. I lol'd so hard that I actually had to pause the game as I fell out of the chair laughing.

You have it on PC right?

Lets do this LEEERRROOOOOOOYYYY JEEENNNNKIIINNNNSSS!

I'll hop on at about 9 central or something  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:28 pm
OberFeldwebel
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

You have it on PC right?

I have Xbox.....  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

You have it on PC right?

I have Xbox.....

Gamertag?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 am
damn....  

OberFeldwebel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 am
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

You have it on PC right?

I have Xbox.....

Gamertag?
I don't have Live anymore. Even if I did, my brothers have the working Xbox, and I don't have the money to renew my account.

I'm getting a PS3 with MW2 the moment I get some money.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:32 am
I've been playing MW2 a lot again. Should have figured I wasn't really bored with it.

Been giving three-round burst weapons more of a chance (M16 and FAMAS) and they're not as bad as I'd first thought. I always put forth the idea that if I want a three round burst, I'll hold the trigger for three shots. Or if I want a double tap, I can do that, or if the threat is extremely close and an immediate danger, I want to empty the magazine into the SOB. But three-round bursts force a discipline onto me, which was, I believe, the point of them in the first place.

Seems like from a design standpoint, the idea of three-round burst would be much more complicated than semi-auto or full-auto. Can anyone comment on that?

Also been toying with a sniper class lately, and it can be fun. It makes me think more tactically and be more conscious of surroundings. It's amazing how recognizable the human silhouette can be even pitch black among a dark shadow, when you're hunting for it across a few hundred yards through a scope. I put on an ACOG in place of the standard scope for the faster area scanning. And I toyed with a suppressor before seeing how weak it made my shots. The FMJ is a necessary add-on, but I'm a bit pissed it wasn't an inherent trait of the sniper rifle class, since all these bullets should already be FMJ. I mean that's all the military is even allowed to use, right? AP would make a helluva lot more sense, across the board.

EDIT: Just noticed I said earlier my play time was 2 days eight hours. I must have meant one day eight hours, because even now I'm not on 2 days.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:27 pm
ArmasTermin
I've been playing MW2 a lot again. Should have figured I wasn't really bored with it.

Been giving three-round burst weapons more of a chance (M16 and FAMAS) and they're not as bad as I'd first thought. I always put forth the idea that if I want a three round burst, I'll hold the trigger for three shots. Or if I want a double tap, I can do that, or if the threat is extremely close and an immediate danger, I want to empty the magazine into the SOB. But three-round bursts force a discipline onto me, which was, I believe, the point of them in the first place.

Seems like from a design standpoint, the idea of three-round burst would be much more complicated than semi-auto or full-auto. Can anyone comment on that?

Also been toying with a sniper class lately, and it can be fun. It makes me think more tactically and be more conscious of surroundings. It's amazing how recognizable the human silhouette can be even pitch black among a dark shadow, when you're hunting for it across a few hundred yards through a scope. I put on an ACOG in place of the standard scope for the faster area scanning. And I toyed with a suppressor before seeing how weak it made my shots. The FMJ is a necessary add-on, but I'm a bit pissed it wasn't an inherent trait of the sniper rifle class, since all these bullets should already be FMJ. I mean that's all the military is even allowed to use, right? AP would make a helluva lot more sense, across the board.

EDIT: Just noticed I said earlier my play time was 2 days eight hours. I must have meant one day eight hours, because even now I'm not on 2 days.

I picked up the 3 round burst M16 off of some dead hadji and went on a 10 kill killing spree.
Worked pretty good.
I zipped up on people and got a headshot every time once I figured out where to aim.

I guess the character name doesn't work for the friends.

If anyones got the PC version of MW2 or L4D2, send Dr_Zombie an
invite.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 am
Been screwing around with shotguns more lately. I used to think of them as useless for all but arms-length encounters (coupled a brace of Rangers and then an M1014 with a riot shield and C4 for a good Domination-oriented class based on securing and holding down locations). But then I tried thinking differently to put together a good shotgun class. I put a SPAS-12 with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando. The constant high speed helps me clear distances to get myself in the close-quarters needed for the shotgun to work. And the SPAS-12 seems to have the best reach, with a good round count. Holding eight (right?) means Sleight of Hand isn't needed. I figure with eight rounds of pump action, I should have a few seconds to duck in somewhere to reload. What I hate is that the shotgun is a secondary weapon, so I can't use it as a primary and couple it with a pistol or machine pistol or something. I'm stuck with having an MP-5 as primary and switching to the shotgun with every respawn.

Actually now that I think about it, I could combine my shotgun class with my CQB (Mini-Uzi with holo sight and .44 with tactical knife) for the Mini-Uzi and SPAS-12. But it sure can be fun to sprint around with that .44/knife like some kind of ninja...

Of course I could switch out the M9 on my assault rifle class for that .44/knife. But that would screw up my whole "all classes are named after Ghost in the Shell characters because they all end up with weapons similar to those used by said characters" idea. mrgreen  

ArmasTermin

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:11 pm
I'm actually mad at the shotguns. The AA-12 fires in full auto and doesn't have the 20-round drum, and they can be suppressed.

That being said, my CQC class will be using an AA-12 once I unlock it. For now I'm going to alternate between my M4/M203 and RPD/AT4 combos, and possibly work on my Sniper class.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:00 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I'm actually mad at the shotguns. The AA-12 fires in full auto and doesn't have the 20-round drum, and they can be suppressed.

That being said, my CQC class will be using an AA-12 once I unlock it. For now I'm going to alternate between my M4/M203 and RPD/AT4 combos, and possibly work on my Sniper class.

I need to look into the AA-12 a little more, but I don't have a high opinion of it in-game. I once came across someone with it and we fired at each other. He got off maybe five shots and I got one with the SPAS. He fell and I didn't. confused He might have just missed a lot, or I got lucky, but whatever.

The M4 is respectable. I used it until I got the SCAR-H and slayed with that. Then I moved to the FAL, and now the M16.

Screwing around with different weapons on that game has added a surprising amount of depth.

Suppressors on shotguns aren't unheard of. But I know the military doesn't use them. And the idea of cutting down the range of a weapon that's inherent range is already so low, is absurd. I keep my SPAS with just the vertical foregrip, though I'd like to use FMJ I don't want to get rid of Marathon for Bling Pro, so I'll just have to deal without it.  

ArmasTermin

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

I need to look into the AA-12 a little more, but I don't have a high opinion of it in-game. I once came across someone with it and we fired at each other. He got off maybe five shots and I got one with the SPAS. He fell and I didn't. confused He might have just missed a lot, or I got lucky, but whatever.

The M4 is respectable. I used it until I got the SCAR-H and slayed with that. Then I moved to the FAL, and now the M16.

Screwing around with different weapons on that game has added a surprising amount of depth.

Suppressors on shotguns aren't unheard of. But I know the military doesn't use them. And the idea of cutting down the range of a weapon that's inherent range is already so low, is absurd. I keep my SPAS with just the vertical foregrip, though I'd like to use FMJ I don't want to get rid of Marathon for Bling Pro, so I'll just have to deal without it.

You're going to love the dual 1887s  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces