50%
 50%  [ 58 ]
Unyay
49%
 49%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 115

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 am
wow, this is an old, but definitely GOOD, thread! *looks admiringly at the thread paramedics*

Um, I listen to "emo" music every now and again. I am a music addict in general, and that means I try to broaden my taste so I can be discerning about all types of music. I think it's snotty to say you detest a type of music without giving it a fair chance... giving things a fair chance is one of my philosophies of life, in general.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:32 am
Your friend needs to take the stick out of his butt, burn it and then go and hug a real emo kid.  

cynicalspiritvalea

Wheezing Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

91_green bottles

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:02 pm
Yea, I find that anoying- hating emos. People are people... I dont believe in stereotyping. Mostly ecause people use it maliciously. And people who are obsessed with emos annoy me too. You know, girls that are like "Emo boys are so fit!" all the time.. its the same issue, they probably dont know any, they just indulge thir teenage hornness with watever they find on the internet... stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:11 pm
I don't have an opinion on emo kids (other than thinking their music is pansy), since I got out of school before the fad caught on in my area, so I never had to interact with any of them.  

UraniumMonk

Dark_Judje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 pm
i haven't met a emo yet...
or maybe i didn't found out it was an emo...
ow well... why hate something you don't know?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:58 pm
I know what the topic starter means.
(And it bothers me too when people call My Chem emo. Besides the fact that's usualy ment as an insult that's not the type of music they make)

Why would you hate an entire group of people you've never met?
Why hate an entire group of people for that matter?
(Okay, there are a few exceptions I make myself when it comes to things like organized hate groups. I don't care for those)

I know there are people who would be considered emo who are fun and nice, but they're not emo to be cool that's what they like.

Usualy people who act a certin way to fit into a sterotype act mean/annoying and since emo seems to be a popular thing to be I'm sure there are plenty of people like that, but I'd never say I hate all emos because I met one unpleasant person.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm
I myself hate it too.
I am Goth though, not Emo.
I know the differences between Emo and Cutter, and I often voice it to the mindless fools who listen to what the media tells them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:28 pm
IY_and_MCR
Why would you hate an entire group of people you've never met? Why hate an entire group of people for that matter?

Good point. I think people like hating other people because it makes them feel good about themselves. Especially when they can point to an entire group of people, or a category of things and say, "I hate that." It's like an affrimation that they are different from that which they hate, and secretly fear they are like. Also, I think it could be just one of those genetically programmed things we humans have to deal with that comes with our need to "belong" to one thing but not to another. And it provides a more politically correct channel for unhappy, insecure individuals to direct their anger.  

trampyre

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:37 pm
i went to highschool so of course i met loads of the little roaches, so i feel justified when i say i hate them.
i like happy people who love morbid humor like me blaugh
i dont like hearing about problems unless they are political  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:07 pm
I've met thousands of emos, they're all I ever seem to see.
I know I (generally) dislike them neutral
It's just an annoying trend that'll last a year or so (I hope)

Genica Pussywillow

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:09 pm
IY_and_MCR
I know what the topic starter means.
(And it bothers me too when people call My Chem emo. Besides the fact that's usualy ment as an insult that's not the type of music they make)

Why would you hate an entire group of people you've never met?
Why hate an entire group of people for that matter?
(Okay, there are a few exceptions I make myself when it comes to things like organized hate groups. I don't care for those)

Emo started as a musical genre, it's actually got nothing to do with stereotyping people.
I'm sure most people hate those that they've met. And, are generalizing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:03 am
I don't care about emo's one way or the other.

It suprises me how the word 'emo' became an insult so quickly.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:45 am
It only bothers me when people confuse their pansy crappy puke-fest music with gothic and punk rock.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:23 pm
People who can't open their mind up to other things or can't understand another's point of view is hard to talk to. Sometimes it's just better to ignore them.  

Angel Bruja

Avian Arrows

Dapper Fatcat

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:05 pm
To me, "emo" is like "preppy".
Lol.
No, really.

~ Main Forum ~