Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxNaomi-LukarixX

13,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:53 pm
Im not doing it, but my boyfriend has been working out a lot lately so he can lose weight in order to be more "thinly built" so he can cosplay bishie characters >w<

And hes getting muscle so he can also cosplay jacked people! woot! 8D
*roots him on*

im his one man cheer squad!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:53 pm
Ok, so to start I'm going to be cosplaying as Motoko Minagawa *The Prince Yuki fan club president to those who don't remeber* from Fruits Basket for Anime Expo, a expo in July...
@Makorik
If you don't mind me asking, what day will you go and what cosplay you planned on getting in fit for?

So I got around half a year. The outfit I'll be cosplaying as is the same one Thoru wears, the winter version which is just a normal anime school uniform to thopse who don't know. Long sleve blue sailor top with a short pleated blue skirt.

The idea to loose weight came around in Septemeber but I'm way to lazy for my own good. <.< I've asked for an excrise program for Christmas so the doings will start once I get it. *Also, I doubt I have the resolve to avoid the holidays sweets. Curse our host-a-Christmas-party-with-sweets tradition. D<* Now I'm 15 years old, about 5'4-5'5 and weight around 160. I'd like to say I'm tall for my age so my weight isn't very obvious. Shedding 40 pounds would be my sweetest success but I'd be happy with losing 20 pounds. I don't so soda or chips because of braces. I don't like cofee or milk either so I avoid those also. Don't really like tea so I can't really try that out. >P

I'm going to fromalize my plan once I see the excerises the programs offers but I also plan on running and fixing my diet once I start. Sad to say, my family does't own excerise equipment *We did get some equipment from family twice but they seemed to have dissapeared after time.* or a gym programship. I don't even know if there is one nearby, surely haven't seen one. I don't really have time before or after school to use my school's gym so I'll just have to make do for now. I think thats everything.  

Wattering_Eyes

Rainbow Star

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

PegLegPony

1,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:11 am
xXForbidden DestinyXx
I'm 5' 8"/9" ish and I weigh about 210. (ho shi- That looks bad writing it out) And I kinda want to get into a health shape for cosplaying. So far my plan is:
Cut out soda.
Cut out anything but black coffee
Maybe go on a 10 minute walk 4 times a week
Sit ups whenever I remember...

And thats it.. XD

Oh, and vitamins.

Ugh, black coffee... I don't know how you can do it D=

@makorik - =3 The new years thing sounds great in theory ^.^ hopefully I'll actually be able to follow through.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 am

This is a great thread < 3 I hope everyone is succeeding in there goals. Good luck everyone!!

Anyways, I figured I would join in the thread since I'm currently trying to get in shape myself. Im 5 ' 3" and I weigh 130 pounds.
      I usually crossplay, but next year I plan on cosplaying a few girls so I'd like to be in shape. Um, my main thing is my tummy and my thighs.
      I'd like to tone them up and start eating healthier. Hopefully I can do this all before Megacon which is in March.

I don't necessarily have a goal weight in mind, maybe 120 but I dunno. My main focus more then anything is to tone up.
      ( Especially since I will be cosplaying Holly Summers from No More Heroes at Anime festival Orlando )

My plans so far are to only limit g33k b33r to special occasions like cons. No more sodas!
      I started drinking them not to long ago and I've gained weight since so I need to stop. Umm. I need to go back to walking 30 min every day.
      I also need to start doing sit ups and taking my vitamins again. I should probably also stop eating fast food so much. So thats my plans so far. :>

Warumono Sama

Fearmie

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:30 pm
Pwease keep me on track! ;D
I weigh 138.8 lbs and I'm hoping to get to around 110 by otakon.
So thats 28.8 lbs by july!
My excercise plans include a lot of jump roping(I think its intense). Maybe in a couple fifteen minute intervals. Using my moms new excercise bike and dieting like a MAN!
But not really like a man cause men have different metabolisms than women.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:17 am
Okay... Welll, my next convention is in January, that's right.... January. I don't plan on being able to lose any weight in 16 days...

I am 5' 4", weigh 147 pounds, and am 15.999 years old (turning 16 in less than a month).... I have a VERY bad eating habit, eating when I'm bored, eating really junky foods, etc. I'd like to get to around to.... Ehhh.....? 120? ^^' Yeah... I'd also like to tone up a little bit~!

My parents have a membership to a gym that's only a few miles away... I could go there, but I'm not sure if my parents will go for this whole, weight loss idea... They keep telling me not to worry about my weight, and I don't! But I know I'm headed towards an unhealthy lifestyle if I continue to eat and live this way... So I guess I could use this to keep me on track...! ^^ I'm gonna talk to my parental units~ about me getting in better shape, and hopefully it'll work out~! ^^-

Alakana

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:27 pm
So there really hasn't been much fatty holiday food to eat and if something was out that was tantalizing, I didn't touch it much. And I've been running round and dancing a lot lately with my friends so I feel a bit lighter. Christmas season is so energetic. ^_^

And I got a whole bunch of all natural tea with a personal steeper for my cup and it's all tea that's good for health regulating and weight loss. ;3 And it also helps that's it's tasty too.

We'll see what the rest has in store for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:17 pm
Argh, I'd like to lose 10 or 15 lbs at least. I'm somewhere around 150 lbs and about 5'3. I'm not that big, it really is just muscles, 'cause I'm a swimmer =D My thighs need toned, and my upper arms need to be too. I'd like to get some upper body strength, so I guess I could do push ups or something.

If anyone knows an exercise that'll tone thighs, that'd be great!

I heard that pomegranates are full of nutrition and don't have very many calories, but they're kind of expensive D:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2038/3

My plan is to... I dunno really. I swim twice daily, and eat fairly healthy... during meals... I can cut down my snacking, or at least eat smaller and healthier snacks. Drink more tea because it's supposed to be healthier than coffee, and drink more water.

Right now I have some water weight on my stomach but it'll be gone within the week.

I want to lose some weight, and tone up a bit before July. SWIM SEASON BABEH.... And hopefully COSPLAY TIME. I'm a bit curvy everywhere, but I like crossplaying more than cosplaying.

I'm sick again, so I'll be drinking more tea anyway xD I'll just have to keep it up!  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:41 am
Ok, Starting today or tomorrow, my girlfriend and I are starting to exercise to get me to lose weight, 50 pounds by May or June, because she wants me to cosplay NiGHTS while she cosplays Reala...

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:49 am
Wattering_Eyes

@Makorik
If you don't mind me asking, what day will you go and what cosplay you planned on getting in fit for?

im going all the days of AX, except for sunday, church and stuff xP
:] well its mostly just getting fit for crossplay. cuz most guy characters don't have curves~ x3
the main cosplay that im trying to work out is for my orochimaru cosplay. im working on the cardio and maybe my cheeks go down. and as you know orochimaru has a firm tight face~
when i gain weight it goes straight to my face and thighs TT _ TT

xXMakorikXx

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:44 pm
I plan to workout this coming month to get ready for my cosplay as Ace from One Piece (I'm chick and there is NO way I could get a body like Ace) for the Animation On Display convention.
Just lose some weight and tone up using my Mom's EA Fitness for the Wii.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:47 pm
rhi-chan13
Okay... Welll, my next convention is in January, that's right.... January. I don't plan on being able to lose any weight in 16 days...

I am 5' 4", weigh 147 pounds, and am 15.999 years old (turning 16 in less than a month).... I have a VERY bad eating habit, eating when I'm bored, eating really junky foods, etc. I'd like to get to around to.... Ehhh.....? 120? ^^' Yeah... I'd also like to tone up a little bit~!

My parents have a membership to a gym that's only a few miles away... I could go there, but I'm not sure if my parents will go for this whole, weight loss idea... They keep telling me not to worry about my weight, and I don't! But I know I'm headed towards an unhealthy lifestyle if I continue to eat and live this way... So I guess I could use this to keep me on track...! ^^ I'm gonna talk to my parental units~ about me getting in better shape, and hopefully it'll work out~! ^^-

I'm pretty much the same, besides age. I got to 120 or so two years ago, it was nice but it didn't last long but I would like to get back to 120 again.  

LovelyLadyAurora

Gianali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:13 pm
About me:

I'm about 5'5" and weigh 114 lb. last time I checked.

I want to not so much lose weight as minimize my thighs/butt. Mostly, if I lose weight, it comes from my belly, and I don't want my ribs to show anymore than they do now! >.<

So if you guys have any tips for losing thigh mass, please, enlighten me.

This is the way I keep my weight down:

>In the immortal words of Michael Poland: "Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much." That means eat real food; almost anything that comes from a package is not real. Eat mostly plants, not meat or bread. Don't eat too much of it (that should be obvious).

>Use small plates. Most people feel that they are full when they have finished what's on their plate. If you use small plates (or small portions) you will be satisfied with less.

>One dessert per day. One mini-candy bar counts as one dessert. I rarely eat sundaes, or other big desserts.

>Don't keep junk food around the house. If it's there, you will be just tempted to eat it.

>Eat breakfast. Studies show that if you don't, you eat other (probably more junky) foods later in the day.

>Eat 'til you're 90% full. That means eat until you're still a little hungry, but can stop yourself from eating. Never stuff yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:24 pm
I seriously need to get back on track.

The holidays are no fun seeing as i gained about a pound and a half. Dad couldn't go and make a lasagna with vegetables so I had to eat the one with beef. Now he wants it out of the house so it's about all we're eating. That and every other Italian food my mom's side of the family shoved at us. Stupid me pretty much lived on shrimp dip and crackers all day on Christmas so I guess it could have been worse.

Luckily, we're starting volleyball in gym when we get back so that's an extra work out. Then I think we have soccer after that.....or "wall ball" which is in no way helpful.

Down to 184 lbs though which is good I guess......you know, compared to about 190.

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 pm
This thread looks so useful and I'm glad its here! Well here are my goals ~
I'm 15 and weigh something like 145lbs. I'm 5' 4".
I want to get down to 120. That's my goal. 25lbs to lose!
I saw my doctor just two weeks or so back for a physical and she said that I'm at average weight and that I'm very healthy. I have pretty good confidence in my body, but I really believe I should lose weight for the cosplays I'm interested in doing. And so I can become even healthier.

Cosplays I'm interested in:

- The Witch from L4D In Game Pic & Cosplayer Pic 1 & Cosplayer Pic 2 ( This cosplay is definitely going to be done, I already have part of an L4D cosplay group put together for Fanime 2010 )
- Aiko Ando from the anime True Tears. 1 & 2
- Ayu Tsukimiya from Kanon 2006. 1 & 2
- Shiori Misaka from Kanon 2006. - (:

Plans to reach goal :
- Eat more fruits and vegtables (even though I eat a good amount already haha )
- Less sweets
- When it stops raining so much, bike rides
- Taking walks 5 days a week
- Minimizing time on computer & video games. ;-;
- Dancing for 30 mins. a day
- Minimizing stress.
- Jumping Jacks, Hula Hoop, and Jump roping.

Oh and I need tips people.
See the living situation I'm in is..difficult. I live in a house of 8. It's my aunt's house, and my dad, brother, and I are only staying her till my dad finds a house to buy. We've been here for two years and a half (DAMN ECONOMY!)
Anyways, they always have sweets and junk food. They are incredibly un healthy, except for what they eat for dinner usually. (my dad makes the dinners)
I try to pick the right things to eat, but I get tempted so easily. And when I don't fall into the temptation my mind keeps arguing at me. And when I fail to hold back the temptation I fell awful for giving in.
It's not my choice to what we have in the house, if we weren't living here it would be much easier to make the house healthier.
But since I can't, what are things I CAN do? please help. D:

Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces