Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is listening to songs are not allowed in Islam? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spottystripes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:27 pm
Ezio - Angelo Di Cielo
I went to Eastzone, a gathering of many Muslim kids and scholars alike.

The man that spoke was a splendid scholar and spoke very easily to us, he could relate to us, and gave us good advice.

He told me simply, any action you take, think: "Will it bring you closer to Allah, or further away?"

Is a knife haram? If I stab you in the face, is it halal? If I cut bread for one less fortunate than I, is it haram? Think about it.

Is Facebook haram. If I use it to speak to my family back in Pakistan, what then. What if I use to flirt with some girl, what then...

Think. About. It. <3

If I use music to grind up on a girl (Nauzubillah.)... then I'm pretty sure it's pushing me away.

If I listen to the Fray, and a song of theirs like... hmm. "How to Save a Life.", while doing Calculus, I'm pretty sure Allah wouldn't hate me. I try to use logic, Allah is merciful my friends.

I will try to listen to Nasheed, and I don't listen to most rap because they generally stand behind wrong morals.

hey!! i love the way this guy thinks!! truly logic... biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:50 pm
╠══Ţö ƄƏ ŏŗ ńŏť ťō ßê

I agree with the fact that if we listen to those songs which bring bad morals or include the poetry in which there is a comparison between a man and God that is strictly forbidden.Like,I have proof that of all the prophets 4 were given books and miracles.Each prophet had a miracle like Muhammed (PBUH) had the Quran,Hazrat Eesa (Jesus) had the ability to raise the dead and cure the born blind and leprosy affected with the will of God.Hazrat Daud or David was given the miracle of a beautiful voice.Imagina that how could God give a haram thing to his own Prophet.Think about it.

Ƕơŵ ŵȱȗȴƉ Ǐ ʞȵȯw,Ȋ ȡȉȡȠț ǻșʞ Şƕąʞɜʂpɘȁȑȅ══╣

Lewpy Von Cakes

Hilarious Fatcat

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

light upon light

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:35 pm
According to Hadith, listening to music instruments is haram.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

[BUKHARI]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:34 am

it may be painful but music is haram it is said that if you listen to music Allah will punish you by passing hot charcoal from your ear to the other , but as many of you said Allah is merciful you can always repent for it

aboly252

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Empirical

Ruthless Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:02 am
Just by listen to it Haram? Its like a torture in real world if that happen. ITS AROUND US. If someone turn on his radio and you need to close your ear? If your phone ring-tone is a song you need to setting it into vibrate only?

People need to study this more and much more so its easily understand and acceptable. Please more research . . .
I don't get it. Simplify it, not everybody can understand it.

Its feel like hearing a scratch on chalkboard when reading complicated explanations which also have hard to understand meanings.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:56 am
Nao Aster
Just by listen to it Haram? Its like a torture in real world if that happen. ITS AROUND US. If someone turn on his radio and you need to close your ear? If your phone ring-tone is a song you need to setting it into vibrate only?

People need to study this more and much more so its easily understand and acceptable. Please more research . . .
I don't get it. Simplify it, not everybody can understand it.

Its feel like hearing a scratch on chalkboard when reading complicated explanations which also have hard to understand meanings.

ditto  

vevettebunny

Silver Nephil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm
Besides, whenever that was written, could they have really imagined the concept of the electric guitar, keyboard, synthesizers, mix stations, AMPs, other electrical equipment, and sites like Youtube or the idea of a radio even?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:02 am
First of all, there is a high consensus amongst Muslim scholars that instruments (aside from the daff) are not permissible.
Okay, so someone here said that they try to use logic to determine what is right & what is wrong, but even the scholars reject using logic. Humans can make errors, even when trying to be logical & only Allah knows best. Sometimes He explains His reasons for certain things, other times He doesn't. As long as the sources are authentic, we are obligated to obey His commands & prohibitions. I will not say that music (without instruments) is haraam because I am wary of being too strict or too lenient, but I suggest that we all be careful & cautious of why we listen to music. Personally, I stay away from it because I'm doubtful. May Allah give us knowledge & understanding, ameen.

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:03 am
Silver Nephil
Besides, whenever that was written, could they have really imagined the concept of the electric guitar, keyboard, synthesizers, mix stations, AMPs, other electrical equipment, and sites like Youtube or the idea of a radio even?

Well, it wasn't the people who determined what the laws of our Lord would be.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 am
Wandertoal-Haqq
Silver Nephil

Well, it wasn't the people who determined what the laws of our Lord would be.

But it's people who interpret them one way or another--yes, even looking at every single word and taking it as its straight definition is a way of interpretation. Now, where can I find an Angel off-duty t'ask if they get WiFi up there...  

Silver Nephil

ll Shaffy ll

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 pm
Pale Kids Mafia
According to Hadith, listening to music instruments is haram.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

[BUKHARI]

does that mean i cant listen to music?? D:  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:51 pm
Every one should listen to music. Music is beautiful, sure there is a lot of crappy music. But there is a lot of amazing beautiful music. There is even a lot of good satanic black metal music. biggrin  

Gintama fan

Gintama fan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm
Also music does not hurt any one in any way. So listen to all the music you want don't worry about hot metal melting on your head. wink  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm
Gintama fan
Also music does not hurt any one in any way. So listen to all the music you want don't worry about hot metal melting on your head. wink

Would there really be anything left to melt inside our heads, considering most of us have spent our short lifespans headbanging out brains out?  

Silver Nephil

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 am
Gintama fan

First off, I will state that I'm not here to argue; I'm being 100% serious because that's what this warrants. Why have people become so obsessed with music that they can't live without it? It's become like a drug...when people don't get that fix, they feel distraught & empty. Not sure whether you're Muslim or not, but music does cause harm. From what I have read of the writings of Muslim scholars, it's a distraction from true worship of Allah (how He has prescribed it, not just how we want to) & turns the heart away from the Qur'an. I have heard that love of music & love of Qur'an recitation cannot be in the heart at the same time; one will drive the other out. Music is just idle talk & has no point except for entertainment...but there are so many other ways to entertain ourselves (which we shouldn't spend most of our time doing anyway). In the end, Allah knows best. Any mistakes are from myself & Shaytaan while all truth is from Allah. There is no coercion allowed in Islam so thereby please don't think I am here to force my beliefs; I am merely here to supply what information I have so people can make more educated decisions.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff