Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Tamora Pierce Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:17 am
My sis met her in Alpha.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:36 pm
me and my friend really like tamora Pierce. I own the trickster's choice and queen and the will of the empress but i havent had time to read it yet. they are close to the top of my list.

but yes i do like some of her older books too ^^ I liked Daja, Triss, Briar, sandy, and all of them the best though so I will be reading The Will of the Empress.

EDIT:
I have recently found out that she is coming out with a new book to start a new series. The first book is called "Terrier". On the thread I made about Diane Duane there is a link and at the bottom a link to a list of books for tamora Peirce too. The newest book Terrier is at the bottom.  

Shiama

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:46 am
terrier? she's writing a book about a dog? what about the circle rejoined...you know the rest of the series?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:33 pm
No I saw the cover and read a little bit about it. It isnt about a dog that is just what it is called.  

Shiama

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:04 pm
The Cavall's Dog series (I think that was what it was called) is about a girl--can't remember her name--who was orphaned as a young girl. If I remember what I read about it correctly, and I only read it once, so I may be wrong, she was raised by a Cavall (Wyldon's ancestor) to be an assassin-type thing. Something like a mercenary who works for free, was what I got. She's called the Cavall's Dog because she's so well-trained to do what he says, and that's why the forst book is called Terrier. The series takes place about 200 years before the Song of the Lioness quartet.

She's going to add more to the Circle series. The one that caught my attention was the one about Tris going to Lightsbridge to learn to be a normal mage. I think she's also doing one for Briar. I think it was set between The Will of the Empress and The Circle Opens series, but I can't remember what it was called.

She's also planning a series telling about Numair's early years and the further adventures of Maura. 3nodding If you doi a Google search for Tamora Pierce, it comes up with her website, and she has all the books that she's going to be working on for the next few years. There're quite a few, I'm really excited about them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:15 pm
I would love to see a series about Numair. I always liked him a sa character.

i literally just cracked open the Will of the Empress...I hope it is good.  

Shiama

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:15 pm
The Will of the Empress is much better than The Circle Opens series, in my opinion. But I don't much like those books. The original Winding Circle quartet is way better. The Will of the Empress is abit like a throwback to that style of writing. I prefer when the four of them are together, too, much better than when they're all apart in The Circle Opens. Oh, the bias. n.n

I really hope the series on Numair is going to be good. Or at the very least, informative. I really want to know what he did to annoy Ozorne. And seeing more of Ozorne is always a plus. He was a really interesting character, even if he was evil. And insane.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:21 am
NightIntent
The Cavall's Dog series (I think that was what it was called) is about a girl--can't remember her name--who was orphaned as a young girl. If I remember what I read about it correctly, and I only read it once, so I may be wrong, she was raised by a Cavall (Wyldon's ancestor) to be an assassin-type thing. Something like a mercenary who works for free, was what I got. She's called the Cavall's Dog because she's so well-trained to do what he says, and that's why the forst book is called Terrier. The series takes place about 200 years before the Song of the Lioness quartet.

She's going to add more to the Circle series. The one that caught my attention was the one about Tris going to Lightsbridge to learn to be a normal mage. I think she's also doing one for Briar. I think it was set between The Will of the Empress and The Circle Opens series, but I can't remember what it was called.

She's also planning a series telling about Numair's early years and the further adventures of Maura. 3nodding If you doi a Google search for Tamora Pierce, it comes up with her website, and she has all the books that she's going to be working on for the next few years. There're quite a few, I'm really excited about them.

I've read somewhere that the series is called Provost's Dog, and that the main character is called Bekka Cooper. She works for the Provost and apparently she's brilliant, never lets a case go, etc. Now...who do we know with that surname...?  

catz_rocks

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:32 am
hmmm so is it cavvals dog or provosts dog....im confused!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:46 pm
Cavall's is the name of the series.  

Shiama

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:37 pm
"TERRIER, book one of The Provost's Dog trilogy, three books which detail the adventures of Rebakah (Rebba) Cooper, a street girl raised to be a manhunter by Tortall's Lord Provost, set 200 years before ALANNA: THE FIRST ADVENTURE, in Random House hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--October."

Straight from Tamora Pierce's website. So it's The Provost's Dog. And it's a trilogy. And she's a manhunter. That's close enough to a bounty hunter.

Now, from Amazon:

"Beka Cooper is a rookie with the law-enforcing Provost's Guard, and she's been assigned to the Lower City. It's a tough beat that's about to get tougher, as Beka's limited ability to communicate with the dead clues her in to an underworld conspiracy. Someone close to Beka is using dark magic to profit from the Lower City's criminal enterprises--and the result is a crime wave the likes of which the Provost's Guard has never seen before."

And that's all the information I feel like looking for right now. Hopefully just that will clarify something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:30 pm
I read the song of the lioness and I loved it so I started reading the immortals but I found it didn't have the same style I liked so I stopped reading it.  

Arkyana

Shiama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:13 pm
well some of her work is fantasy and they are diffrent. you might just care more for the allanna series, or is it the other one? I dont remember unless I see the book. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:05 pm
Personally i love all her books. I'm more fond of the newer ones though. They seemed more in depth and then her other books. Not that i think badly of her other books. sweatdrop She was what got me into fantasy in the fist place. She is a wonderful writer and i cant wait for the Provost's Dog trilogy! I hate wateing for books to come out! domokun  

MathGirl2012

Shiama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:01 am
yes i like a lot of her books and most of her series. the first time i read her i finished the book in a day. it just kind of flew by ^^  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff