Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crule?
  yes
View Results

Kitsoru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:27 pm
MortSanglant
I guess I'm just a calloused b*****d. I love animals. But I love my meat more. It doesn't matter to me how they die because once they are dead they are dead. It doesn't matter by then. The mindset in those places is that they are ultimately for food so money isn't going to be invested for making their living before they go to slaughter something special and luxurious.
exactly. Not eating the meat doesn't stop it from being produced. It just means more animals will die NEEDLESSLY as opposed to being eaten. I eat meat. Deal with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:10 pm
As a vegetarian for the past year and a half, Austin almost completley agrees with everything Ascher has said so far. Allow Ausitn to quote Ron White for a moment. "We did not claw our way to the top of the food chain to eat carrots," or something to that affect. Believe it or not, all your fluffy animals would kill and eat you in a second if they were in the position humans were in. But that is very much beside the point, while Austin agrees that animal testing for anything other than medication is wrong, and even wrong for medical testing once the side affects are well known, he does not believe that if you agree, you can go around forcing those beliefs or anything otherwise on people. Austin is a vegetarian because he sees humans as equals to animals, and thus should only eat them if their own life depends on it. He does not however, protest to anyone thinking otherwise.

Anyone who eats meat, has their right to, and should by all means take advantage of that right, as long as they don't go shoving pepperponis into vegetarians mouths, vegetarians/activists/hippies have no place to critisize them. And, assuming you were put under the right circustances, anyone would eat meat if they really had to. Taking from Aschers idea of a desert, if a hardcore vegan was stuck in the desert and would die by morning if he didn't eat, and the only thing around was a rabbit, the last thing he would think would be "look how fuzzy and cute that animal is." Although they may think "look how fuzzy and cute that entre is," that is beside the point.

As for testings, it is the same. Say scientists come up with what may be a better and more effective cure for cancer, but they believe the side affects may hurt a human while it is in it's first stages of development. In order to preserve the life of a human, they will test it on a rat for it's similar DNA. Now say because of this test, they know about a deadly side affect and fix it so the cure is safe for humans. You will NOT complain about the death of a rat if that cure happens to save thousands of people with cancer, will you?

That's all for now.
(Austin's back in the got goth guild! =D)  

Muted Faith9

Ascher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:15 pm
Muted Faith9
(Austin's entire awesome speech)

Thank you Austin...

All I can say is thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:47 am
I've been vegan for over 2 years now ^^  

Alice_K8

NyteOwl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:43 pm
I hate animal cruelty too. When I see it happening I keep hoping something will happen to the people doing it to teach them a lesson.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:59 pm
some people have to eat meat. ive been trying to be a vegitarian but my system wont let me. its not that im not trying, its that i need meat.
but i am against how they kill the animals. i wont eat at chicken places cause of that they do. and i stopped eating pork cause of how the pig is killed.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Vegacom2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:43 pm
Just because humans have bigs egos, doesn't mean we can take it out on the poor animals! If they they could speak like humans, they would yell and shout, just like we would... crying And although PETA may have good intentions, I've heard they did some very bad stuff at one point to get it across... sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:41 pm
I've heard that vegetarians generally live about 10 years longer than meat eaters but only if they get enough protien; and most dont. So neither is really healthier than the other.  

MyMoonlitDream

Romantic Trafficker

Vexworth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:40 pm
Plfrt, I've been a vegetarian for about two years now, and have become MUCH healthier since I stopped eating meat. Like abovemeperson said - It's really all in knowing what to eat to get protein - if you eat nothing but leaves and dirt, you're going to get all anemic and sickly.

RABID PETA VEGAN TYPES: GAAAAA. Just because I don't gnaw on the animal types doesn't mean I'm ALSO going to smack a hamburger out of your hand while yelling 'murderer', lie down in front of a cheese factory, or feel offended when you eat meat. Usually the 'for every animal you don't eat i'm eating three lawl' types assume all vegetarians are like that, and the Peta types assume all carnivores are like the 'i'm gonna sit you down and shove a weenie down your throat you hippie' sorts of people, and that's irritating.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:38 pm
I'm not Jewish, but I love eating kosher. I tried being a vegetarian, but right now, I have very little control when I'm hungry- I don't eat much, but when I do it can get scary. I do avoid eating fast food, and I stopped eating KFC immediately after I found out what they did to their chicken. Also, an important aspect I learned is to- at least mentally- thank the animal you are eating. They did not willing give their life for you- the least you can do is be grateful.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:21 pm
I hate anime cruelty. Its the lowest thing a person can do.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:59 am
I've been veggie since I was 7 4laugh I think it's mean but I'm not gonna force my beliefs on someone. By the I'm a member of PETA and I know other members. Not all of us are gonna throw paint on you for wearing fur. stare We hand out leaflets on going veggie, stop animal testing, etc. We also answer questions.  

Kohanna13

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:37 pm
animal abuse is one reason i'm a vegetarian. how would u feel to be in a cage with no light and be let out for trhe last time ti face death?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:12 pm
animal cruelty is aweful. but i dont think it can stop  

dead_bastard

dante_reincarnation15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:15 pm
thats messed up eek that totaly pisses me off mad  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers