Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 09. Chatterbox [Lounge]
Valentines day, love or hate? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valentines Day?
  Love it!
  Blarg, I hate it.
  Doesn't matter to me..
View Results

Beebo Brinker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:02 pm
schulte
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker
Lil sad I guess. I mean my dating was always all over the place and never having like a companion on Valentines kinda sucked. Lol now that I do have a partner and a perm one it's very nice..on the other hand she has strep throat and lady problems this weeks so valentines won't be like super romantic. We get to hold hands like we're 12 xd

this has nothing to do with anything, but i very much love your username. :]

lol thank you. I was actually suprised no one had it when I made this account xd

i don't think a whole lot of people are familiar with beebo brinker, actually. :0

Well they should be. I remember getting just one of the books originally and it I liked her so much I got them all and read them really fast. I mean it's not uncommon for me to do that, just saying yeah..I liked it. ninja
We're naming the next dog Beebo

i've actually never read the beebo books, i can't find them anywhere. i've searched high and low. D:

oh try amazon that's where I got some of mine or ebay. I don't think ebay had the biggest selection but I remember occasionally they had some for a good price. I dunno I used those two and got most of them for like 3-7 apiece.
lol I really like Sarah Waters. I've been hunting Fingersmith..like the movie. It's so expensive more than my cheapness wants to pay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 pm
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker

lol thank you. I was actually suprised no one had it when I made this account xd

i don't think a whole lot of people are familiar with beebo brinker, actually. :0

Well they should be. I remember getting just one of the books originally and it I liked her so much I got them all and read them really fast. I mean it's not uncommon for me to do that, just saying yeah..I liked it. ninja
We're naming the next dog Beebo

i've actually never read the beebo books, i can't find them anywhere. i've searched high and low. D:

oh try amazon that's where I got some of mine or ebay. I don't think ebay had the biggest selection but I remember occasionally they had some for a good price. I dunno I used those two and got most of them for like 3-7 apiece.
lol I really like Sarah Waters. I've been hunting Fingersmith..like the movie. It's so expensive more than my cheapness wants to pay

hmmmm i never order stuff online, don't know how and don't have a credit card for one thing hahaha.
loooooove love sarah waters. fingersmith is one of my favorite books. i watched most of the movie version on youtube but they had to delete the steamy parts. lame :/

etluhcs

Beebo Brinker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 pm
Ah well I mean always worry about ordering stuff online,but I do it anyway. I link my debit card since it functions as a master card to my paypal, pay the fee and just do it. I'm a lil paranoid about actually linking my bank account to it since I usually just remove my card after I use it...dunno I'm weird. >3<

Well you go try hastings then, buy a giftcard and get them from their online store with that pretty expensive though.

Aww we watched it on Netflix so really got to see the whole thing. wink
I have trouble picking any in particular I like better. I mean I really loved tipping the velvet. Then Fingersmith was so awesome I thought it did overwhelmingly great with fitting that Victorian novel genre..but I like Affinity as well. I think overall it gets the least attention doesn't it? I actually like it though story was so different.
I got the dvd of Affinity for 4 bucks I was thrilled
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:26 pm
what's affinity about again? :0  

etluhcs

Beebo Brinker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 pm

I steal from Wiki cause I'm lazy

Waters's second book, Affinity was published a year after her first, in 1999. The novel, also set in the Victorian era, centres on the world of Victorian Spiritualism. While finishing her debut novel, Waters had been working on an academic paper on spiritualism. She combined her interests in spiritualism, prisons, and the Victorian era in Affinity, which tells the story of the relationship between an upper middle-class woman and an imprisoned spiritualist.

The novel is less light-hearted than the ones that preceded and followed it. Waters found it less enjoyable to write.[9] "It was a very gloomy world to have to go into every day," she said.[11]

lol and see I actually liked it since it was darker. I'm not a very positive happy person. It is really dark though and strange, shorter than the other books. I think it's not even 300 pgs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Beebo Brinker

I steal from Wiki cause I'm lazy

Waters's second book, Affinity was published a year after her first, in 1999. The novel, also set in the Victorian era, centres on the world of Victorian Spiritualism. While finishing her debut novel, Waters had been working on an academic paper on spiritualism. She combined her interests in spiritualism, prisons, and the Victorian era in Affinity, which tells the story of the relationship between an upper middle-class woman and an imprisoned spiritualist.

The novel is less light-hearted than the ones that preceded and followed it. Waters found it less enjoyable to write.[9] "It was a very gloomy world to have to go into every day," she said.[11]

lol and see I actually liked it since it was darker. I'm not a very positive happy person. It is really dark though and strange, shorter than the other books. I think it's not even 300 pgs

OH that's the jail one. why didn't you just say so hahaha. :]]
haven't read that one yet..

etluhcs

Beebo Brinker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 pm
Because I'm complicated? emo

Ah well it's pretty good, I almost like it the best.

I'm reading those Anne Rice Sleeping Beauty novels. Those are crazy dirty. That's what I get for letting a friend who writes smutt give me reading suggestions..I like cannot stop though. It's so weird.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 pm
Beebo Brinker
Because I'm complicated? emo

Ah well it's pretty good, I almost like it the best.

I'm reading those Anne Rice Sleeping Beauty novels. Those are crazy dirty. That's what I get for letting a friend who writes smutt give me reading suggestions..I like cannot stop though. It's so weird.

anne rice writes smut??? ewwwwy xD  

etluhcs

Beebo Brinker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:54 pm
I have a RL friend that writes zee dirty stuff. & she said something about them so I got them to read...so much scary sex. I have pride prejudice and zombies though that's next.

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:58 pm
Beebo Brinker
I have a RL friend that writes zee dirty stuff. & she said something about them so I got them to read...so much scary sex. I have pride prejudice and zombies though that's next.

xd

did you know they're making a movie of PPZ with natalie portman as elizabeth? :000<3  

etluhcs

Beebo Brinker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 am
I knew they were making it, but had no idea she was in it. Aww I actually like her that should be interesting whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:25 pm
Love-achuu i choose you~~~ go!  

Sakippo

iBarty

Aged Humorist

9,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:00 pm
Most of the time, I hate it. I hate it because I'm single, and around VDay is when I see couples making out the most. It makes me feel disgusted/horrible.

This year though, because I hung out with a friend from the 13th into the 14th of February my VDay turned out very good for once.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 pm
I HATE Valentines day! When I used to got to high school it was just a day for the loved and popular to rub their teddy bears and flowers in everyones faces.

And even when I had a girlfriend one year on Valentines day, I give her a teddy bear and she gives her ex a present. mad
I hate all holidays really. It seems that every holiday needs a significant other, not just valentines day.  

xll Rei llx

Gaytor Bait

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:48 pm
I love it, I am super cheesy though.
I used to put valentines in everyone's locker every year in high school and bring in cupcakes.
Other people started doing it after the second time I did it.
I was usually single on Valentines day but that didn't really matter to me it was more about making other people smile I guess.
Share the love.

09. Chatterbox [Lounge]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces