Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Favourite altar/shrine object Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheetahs Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:57 pm
Cerridwen :]  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 am
well for me it's my black fox face that i got from a powow a couple of months ago and well the fox is one of my totems and a  

SzayelChan

TheHangedQueen

Sparkly Reveler

9,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm
I really, really like this little painted pottery bowl that I store my smaller tumbled stones in. It's black and green/blue with some decorative painting all around it. It's simple but beautiful which is why I like it so much. ^_^ I usually fill it with water too and hold it while I meditate and pray because it helps me center myself. When I'm finished with whatever I'm doing, I dump the water outside on a plant or refill my bamboo plant's vase. I also make it a habit to carry some of the stones with me on a regular basis. lol I got it from a rummage sale with my aunt and automatically knew that when I (finally) assembled an altar that it would be a part of it. =3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:05 am
I love my incense burner my grandmother gave me. It's made of bronze and has little stars engraved on it with a moon and a sun on either side.  

Lady Keigh

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 am
my eastern dragon figurines but i can't realy set up my alter with out it being disturbed. unless it's at a friends house or one day very soon my apartment or something. but that's off topic, these two figurines are my favorites because of the craftmanship someone put into them and how nice it is to look at them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 am
I have 10+ shrines in my home. Very difficult to pick just one item from so many, so I'm just going to focus on my working altar.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's probably a toss up between the altar stone in the middle, and my hand-carved beeswax pentacle. It's a busy place, and largely one that's hand-crafted. The things I haven't made myself were gifted to me. smile  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:59 pm
Morgandria
I have 10+ shrines in my home. Very difficult to pick just one item from so many, so I'm just going to focus on my working altar.
That's common for my practice too.
In Vodou, you have to be very careful about where you put your alters and shrines. Some Loa live in certain places, can't face other Loa or can't be near certain things in the home because of the Hot/cold stuff. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:43 am
Esiris
Morgandria
That's common for my practice too.
In Vodou, you have to be very careful about where you put your alters and shrines. Some Loa live in certain places, can't face other Loa or can't be near certain things in the home because of the Hot/cold stuff. sweatdrop

Are the Loa deities or divine beings in Vodou?  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45 am
I would say my crystals. I just love 'em. And all things water-related I have. My shells, shell bracelet, chalice, cauldron, sea decoration things I got (little shells, seahorses, starfish and fishes :3)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:51 am
Azareas Aquarinus
I would say my crystals. I just love 'em. And all things water-related I have. My shells, shell bracelet, chalice, cauldron, sea decoration things I got (little shells, seahorses, starfish and fishes :3)

The idea is that you pick one thing wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:53 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

The idea is that you pick one thing wink

Theeeen.... My blue onyx pendant. Since it means so much to me. I wear it all the time.

But if that doesn't count as an altar object, I think my Chalice will do as a choice. I just love its design and shinyness biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:48 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Divine beings. 3nodding
Calling them Gods can be a little tricky.

Update- I just got done making a really awesome alter cloth. I think that's currently my favorite, which makes me feel guilty because there are a few Black Madonna statues in the house and I feel like I should have one of them as my favorite- or maybe the figure for the Baron I am still working on. ninja  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:23 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Divine beings. 3nodding
Calling them Gods can be a little tricky.

Update- I just got done making a really awesome alter cloth. I think that's currently my favorite, which makes me feel guilty because there are a few Black Madonna statues in the house and I feel like I should have one of them as my favorite- or maybe the figure for the Baron I am still working on. ninja

I see. Loa sounded Hawaiian. I dunno why. Do Hawaiians practice a form of Vodou?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I see. Loa sounded Hawaiian. I dunno why. Do Hawaiians practice a form of Vodou?

Nope. The indigeous people of Hawa'ii originally practiced Polynesian religion, similar to others in the Pacific Islands - the Hawaiian Islands were originally settled by Taitians. It's a polytheistic and animisic religion.

Similar to other indigenous cultures around the world, their first contacts with other cultures tended to attract various kinds of Christian missionaries intent on conversion.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:02 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

I see. Loa sounded Hawaiian. I dunno why.
Probably because you're familiar with Aloha- but the word also means long in Hawaiian.

The word as it's used in Vodou it may have come from Yoruban, Ewe or Fon.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games