Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mriae

Devoted Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:13 pm
Oh, I have another possible idea!

o Ao

Some sort of field day at the school would be neat. You know, where they do various games and sporting activities, and the different factions would compete against each other!

= w=

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 pm
D: Yeah ~ that's the Halloween festival ~ which hopefully we'll be able to run throughout october, but first we gotta make sure peeps get settled into rp first

edit: oh~and maru has a lot planned for that sort of thing so dont worry about those things kk  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Viridescere

1,850 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 pm
Uh, I... I'm very confused as to which race my character would be filed under. She's still a work in progress and I haven't posted her quest thread yet, but... so far, she's a created being made from various parts. I haven't decided whether those parts are living or dead yet, but her current design makes her look like a demon, as she has horns, claws, and wings. But she also has a scythe... because I originally planned on making her a reaper, and only just realized that adding these things takes away from the human appearance reapers are supposed to have.

... I think this is a result of me getting overly excited about the different races.

Um, any suggestions for what I should do with this? Is there something specific I can put down as her race, or should I just try to sort this out first?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 pm
If she's made from living or inorganic parts: monster
If she's made from dead parts: undead

^ take this into consideration, and have fun with "building" your character! Though keep in mind, if you go with either they will look constructed out of different bits of whatever. If what you really want is a demon appearance, you should probably just stash the "created from parts" and make a demon character. Also: I get the enthusiasm, but remember to keep any additions to your character reasonably in keeping with the species/world setting. You were very right to nix the idea of having a reaper with a bunch of mutations. But by making her another species, you will have to ditch the scythe.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:23 pm
I wanted to make a random not really that important suggestion for the adoptables site. On the top 10 page, sometimes the random 10 are just repeats of whatever is in the top 10 most clicked pets. I am not sure if the site is set up for this type of change; but i wanted to suggest making it more random. I'm sure the site now has over 30 people; but i only ever see like five people's pets on the top ten page. I'm not really complaining as my pets have been on it. I was just thinking of other people. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:45 pm
:'3 I have no idea how to code that sort of thing. And updating it with copy/paste script from somewhere else may fuss up the site and your pets. I would suggest doing your best to pimp sally's clickable thread instead.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 am
Can a character be a mixed race? Such as a demon and a monster, due to mixed race lineage? Or is it just one or the other?

D: No, just pick one, as the races are already pretty mixed if you think about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:46 am
Can a character be adopted? Such as a monster adopting a demon child? o.o  

XxEternal MelodyxX

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 am
kuro: D: No, just pick one, as the races are already pretty mixed if you think about it.

eternal: it's fine, but you for damn sure better have a good reason so people (as in other RPers) don't think your character suffers from special snowflake syndrome. As long as it doesn't conflict with the world setting, stuff like that is fine, just don't go over board. And just because the staff accepts a character into the world setting, doesn't mean others will be as accepting of that character. So think these things through, have good reasons, and make the story behind it good.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:27 pm
How are seduction characters going to work?

What if someone doesn't want to be sexually harassed? D8  

S a l l y S h e e p

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 pm
D:> Unless its their fear ability + diceroll battle Situation? Just stay away from that character, either in the ooc sense of simply not rping with them (ignore their existance) or in the IC sense of person_x recognizes that person_xxx has this ability and actively tries to keep a wide berth in-game.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:23 pm
If seduction/mind control/etc related powers do become a major concern or are abused, please notify staff and we will take appropriate action. <3 This goes for ANY sort of RP that makes you feel uncomfortable, be it your own or one that takes place between different people -- we the staff are here to help!

Plus that sort of stuff shouldn't happen on Gaia anyway. Despite what the Chatterbox and GD forums on Gaia may think, this place IS PG-13.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 pm
To add to this, "seduction" CAN (and will!) be worked in different and creative ways, as this is the means of certain species (ie: incubus, etc etc). Instead of controlling the opponent or godmodding, alternate options can be used instead like:

- lowering opponent's defenses (very common and acceptable)
- creating the illusion of a strong emotion (has to be hashed out to make work)
- creates a threatening aura

Those are more suggestive type of attacks which like all attacks have a hit/miss ratio. They work like normal attacks in that sense: ie, instead of getting hit by a FREAKING THUNDERBOLT, you are getting hit by a MIASMA of ___. The effect is just as temporary.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Alright, I have a question abotu clickables. If we got a certain character(student), could we make them into a clickable? for shits & gigs?

I'm not suggesting stages or anything, just curious. :'>

GallusDomesticus

Desirable Sex Symbol

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:40 pm
If you win a fully custom clickable (only available through events/mini-events) you can request one of another character. A class may have something along those lines, also events and rp-schizz might have something like that as well. Just randomly appearing otherwise, however, is unlikely ~  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff