• Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm
Alex Jace
[-Erik-]
Alex Jace
[-Erik-]
Alex Jace

Look at that! Suddenly genocide! Sorry, I'm white, I'm having trouble making the massive jump you just made

Hey, hate is hate, isn't it?

I just took him as an example. And I also am white.

Then you're a foolish and presumptuous honky blaugh j/k

You need to be educated on a few things called conditionals and biconditionals

A biconditional is something that is true both in the way it's written and reversed, my statement was conditional, it's only true the way it was initially written

What I mean is that I said most people hate what they envy, you assumed it was biconditional and you ALSO assumed that I meant people envy what they hate

But the Hitler example is useless anyways, he didn't hate the jews, he scapegoated them

That's pretty cool.

But it still doesn't prove why I hate what I envy.

You know.. this is starting to get annoying, I'm assuming you have selective sight? You see what you want to see and nothing else? MOST people hate what they envy, you see what I did there? I used the word MOST, as in.. not everyone

MOST people envy what they hate because they want it, but they have no way of getting it, it angers them that there is this thing that they desperately want but cannot obtain

And because I know you're going to make this rediculous point, simply saying "Oh I want a PS3" does NOT equal envy. Envy is a potent mix of greed and jealousy, it's irrational. If we REALLY want something but can't get it, we inadvertantly hate it because it is so hopelessly out of our reach and so most people also seek to destroy the source of their envy under the premise that if they can't have it, no one can

Maybe you should explain yourself a little bit better.

Sorry for not following your line of logic quite as well as you do, perhaps you could provide me with a source of information to understand this point of view of yours.

Because I really want to understand the gibber you're saying confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 pm
[-Erik-]

Sorry for not following your line of logic quite as well as you do, perhaps you could provide me with a source of information to understand this point of view of yours.

Since you are not following what he said; perhaps I can simplify:

"Haters"; by definition (and as proved in Alex's replies) are those who seek to 'hurt' those they envy. For example: People 'hating' on Furs, more often than not, are doing it for attention; because they hate that Furs have friends and their own special kind of subculture. Their hate is derived from the desire to 'belong'; which they envy the Furs for. This Envy drives them to try to 'bring down' the Fur, to belittle that sense of belonging; following the exact thought of "If I can't have it; no one can." (As Alex pointed out)

Envy does lead to hate; the two go hand-in-hand. Envy without hate is not envy; it's merely desire.

Hate can also be a separate emotion; so do not confuse "Hater hate" and just plain Hate. The differences lie solely in the motivation of the person. (Your confusion was obvious when you suddenly; and incorrectly; tossed out the Hitler Example.)

Envy leads to Anger; Anger leads to hate; Hate leads to suffering... Careful you must be; for Envy is a path to the Dark Side.  

Kage the Silver Kitsune

Eco-friendly Firestarter

10,675 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Diabetusaur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:04 pm
I just say,"you know you like it"and other phrases to piss them off and just don't seem phased when offended.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 pm
Kage the Silver Kitsune
[-Erik-]

Since you are not following what he said; perhaps I can simplify:

"Haters"; by definition (and as proved in Alex's replies) are those who seek to 'hurt' those they envy. For example: People 'hating' on Furs, more often than not, are doing it for attention; because they hate that Furs have friends and their own special kind of subculture. Their hate is derived from the desire to 'belong'; which they envy the Furs for. This Envy drives them to try to 'bring down' the Fur, to belittle that sense of belonging; following the exact thought of "If I can't have it; no one can." (As Alex pointed out)

Envy does lead to hate; the two go hand-in-hand. Envy without hate is not envy; it's merely desire.

Hate can also be a separate emotion; so do not confuse "Hater hate" and just plain Hate. The differences lie solely in the motivation of the person. (Your confusion was obvious when you suddenly; and incorrectly; tossed out the Hitler Example.)

Envy leads to Anger; Anger leads to hate; Hate leads to suffering... Careful you must be; for Envy is a path to the Dark Side.

Oh, I'm starting to get it.

I just realized one little thing; jealousy =/= envy.

Cultural differences, sorry.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm
[-Erik-]

I didn't know there were differences before either. I learned the difference not long ago, so don't feel bad. I used them interchangeably until a couple of months ago. x3

Always gotta remember (or google):
Envy is for what you don't have.
Jealousy is believing what's yours has been taken away.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:55 pm
Garek Maxwell
[-Erik-]

I didn't know there were differences before either. I learned the difference not long ago, so don't feel bad. I used them interchangeably until a couple of months ago. x3

Always gotta remember (or google):
Envy is for what you don't have.
Jealousy is believing what's yours has been taken away.

I don't feel good getting advice from a naked guy hugging a gorilla, sorry. CULTURAL DIFFERENCES gonk  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:07 pm
Yep, jealousy is a very commonly misused word. So is irony, probably is the single misused word I know. It is literally ironic when people misuse the word irony.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:15 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Yep, jealousy is a very commonly misused word. So is irony, probably is the single misused word I know. It is literally ironic when people misuse the word irony.

Nope. THIS is irony.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks, I'll be here all night.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Isaol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:20 am
Making their life a living hell...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:29 am
Look, it's Isaol. Hi again, Isaol.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Isaol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:35 am
[-Erik-]
Look, it's Isaol. Hi again, Isaol.

Hey how's it going?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 am
[-Erik-]
I don't feel good getting advice from a naked guy hugging a gorilla, sorry. CULTURAL DIFFERENCES gonk

It ain't ape rape, mate! evil

xd Thanks for noticing how "OMG SO WRONG" my avatar is though. heart  

Garek Maxwell

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:26 pm
Garek Maxwell
[-Erik-]

It ain't ape rape, mate! evil

xd Thanks for noticing how "OMG SO WRONG" my avatar is though. heart

Oh it's not wrong. Love is never wrong.

Freaky, yeah, many times. Disgusting too, sometimes, but never wrong, NEVER! LOVE ON, MAX, LOVE ON 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:50 am
Honestly, don't give a damn. He bashes you again just say "F**k you!" and continue your work, violence WOULD work except you would probably get a ticket for it sweatdrop  

Horsemen of War

Quiet Marionette

Hardcore Nymph

14,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 am
hmm... Haters gonna hate, Jynxie's gonna get Married. smile  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items