::Twilight Sands:: Lorne's Journal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:00 pm

User Image

A sense of humor is good for you. Have you ever heard of a laughing hyena with heart burn?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm

User Image

Buliwyf - Kitwana'antara

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:13 pm

User Image

User Image

Name: Buliwyf
Meaning: Character in Ibn Fadlan's Eaters of the Dead (13th Warrior on Film)
Species: Hyena
Mate: None
Offspring: --
Pride: Kitwana'antara
Seer: No

Roleplay color: #d96402
Obtained:Kitwana'antara RP contest
Colourist:Eskimo

razz ersonality: Buliwyf had always known in his heart that he would serve the Kitwana'antara in a way he was uniquely suited to, and had kept that knowledge foremost in his heart as he grew from pup to adult. He saw much suffering in that time and it instilled him with a deep compassionate and caring nature. With the sick and dying Buliwyf is a gentle, quiet shadow who treats them with respect and dignity, easing their passing with kindly care. However, with the living he is careful and perhaps a little guarded, his injury making him aware how fragile life can be, and how fleeting. That is not to say he is retreating, he will take a stand for what he sees as right, and will always stand between the weaker against a stronger opponent. Buliwyf is a male who always looks towards what is best for the Pride as a whole and in general is a sturdy and reliable individual, the kind of hyena you can tell your deepest, deepest secrets to and know they will never be repeated. A silent sentry who has learned that death should not be feared, but greeted as an old friend.

.:History: Buliwyf was born into Kitwana'antara, and never known any other life save the one the Pride has given him. His mother was an accomplished and dependable scout, his father a well respected Secret Keeper. From puphood he aspired to be a scout just like his mother, to be as strong and competent as she. He trained hard and shadowed his mother during patrols. As he grew into a young adult, he started going out alone, short forays that were close to home to begin with, but gradually Buliwyf increased his range. He never should have.

Fate struck one night with disastrous results. On his way back from scouting out a band of rogues that were traveling to close to the Kitwana'antara's boarder, he was attacked by two male lions. The attack was unprovoked and violent, and Buliwyf barely managed to escape with his young life, thanks mostly to the lessons and tricks his mother had taught him. He was alive, but not unscathed. The scout suffered several serious wounds, and was more dead then alive when he finally made it back to the family den. Utterly spent, Buliwyf collapsed, and for weeks one of the pride's healers tended to his injuries. When what seemed like an eternity had passed, and he was back on his paws, it was clear he was lame. One of his back legs had been damaged in the attack and while he could move around and walk easily enough, he no longer had the endurance to patrol for hours on end, his run was painful, and at best, a slow lope .

With his dreams of being a scout in tatters, Buliwyf turned to his father, asking to be trained as a Secret Keeper, a job that required stealth rather than endurance, a silent tongue and loyalty to the pride, all of which he already possessed. A far quieter and subdued male since the attack, Buliwyf has put all his energy into his new training, using the challenges of the job to keep his mind away from the what ifs and could have been.

User Image

Name: Kaiya
Meaning: Forgiveness
Mate: None
Offspring: --
Pride:

Roleplay color: #0000cc
Obtained:
Colourist:Ahmeh

razz ersonality: Kiya is a survivor, that is all there is to it. She's grown up alone in the rouge lands, defying the odds of survival due to sheer luck, a serious cunning and necessary innovation. Distrust full and wary, all this female wants is a home, a place to belong, and somewhere to rest for as long as she likes...just once. Quiet, due to being alone most of her life, its hard to get her talking, but her basic nature is kind and compassionate due to the hardships she as suffered, though she is not above being a true wench when she needs to be, or defending herself by any means available to her. ANY means.

.:History: Kiya has no recollection of her pack, though she knows she once belonged to one. There were more scents than just her mother's and littermates that remain in the dim memories she does have. What she does remember are the hairless monkeys that came and dug out the warm safe den and took away everyone in it, throwing her and her siblings into a basket. Afraid and to small to fight back, Kiya did the only thing she could, she began to chew through the dry weave, managing a hole just big enough for her to squeeze through, being the runt of the litter. Her plan had been to run and get momma and pappa, but when she regained her senses after hitting the ground from a much further height than she'd been ready for, she realized she had no idea where she was. Lost and alone since then, Kiya has managed to survive, but still wonders as to where she comes from and if there is Pack or place that is her home.

User Image

Name: Daktari
Meaning:Healer of Words
Mate: Silvamord : is in love with Kimya
Offspring: two pups
Pride: Altus Sententia

Roleplay color: 009900
Obtained:Altus Sententia Who dun it Contest 2011
Colourist: Blue

razz ersonality: Daktari has, and always, will be tied by his honor. He weighs his actions and his words carefully, knowing that both can hurt or heal depending on the intent of the speaker. When he gives an opinion, it has been carefully weighed, as well as any decisions he may make. A natural born leader, he is reliable, responsible, and duty bound. As he was taught by his father, their late Pack's alpha, he places the needs of his pack and family above his own. He is loyal, but not naively trusting, and measures all he meets by his own standards, but there is no one he measures harder then himself. Trained to be the next alpha of their destroyed pack, Daktari, is a warrior noble. He will use diplomacy until it is time to use force. Dignified, sure of himself, and with a charismatic nature, Daktari is the type of hyena who gets along easily with others, but none more so then the often misunderstood Kimya who he has loved for longer than he can remember.

.:History: Daktari stared out from inside the den he and Mezin shared with the cubs, his green eyes following the dark gray coat of Kimya as the younger hyena slipped through the under bush, his coat blending with the shadows easily.
My little Shadow. Daktari thought to himself, Why do you say nothing of where you were that night?. He'd heard the whisperings of their adopted pack, and knew why Kimya had kept quiet about where he had been and who he had been with the evening Mezin's and his cub's had disappeared.Still protecting me little one, even now with our pack gone, and you and I a passing memory we both can not let go of. Forefathers above... The sunset colored hyena closed his green eyes against the swift pain in his chest, his head bowing as felt Mezin come up beside him.

“Dak?” she whispered in her soft, delicate voice, “Come to bed, there is nothing out there but shadows.”

He did not answer her at first, the weight of his grief, both for the loss of his children and the love of the hyena who had guarded his back for so long, he could not remember a time without him, stole his words. No, he had never been without Kimya, till now, since he had partnered to Mezin, as it had been arranged when both he and she were pups themselves. When their pack had been whole and hail, before everything had been taken from them. So much loss, and now the pups as well. Here, where he had led both Mezin and his Little Shadow, should have been safe, he should have protected them better!

Now, the pups were missing, Mezin fragile from the loss, Kimya accused...Forefathers...give me strength... Daktari prayed silently, Give me strength and cunning to bring the pups home, and to keep Kimya at my side somehow. Allow me to be selfish this one time Father, grant me both . Please, I beg of you.... I should not have lied to him that night, I should have spoken the truth of my heart.

Turning he laid his forehead to Mezin, “They are out there Mezin, our children and so is he...searching for them...alone...with suspicious eyes on his back. Suspicious only because he will not tell them he was with me, that I refuted him. He keeps my honor even now Mezin.” There was a personal agony laced into his voice, tense and sorrow filled, “ and looks for the cubs, our cubs..Forefathers...” Daktari looked into Mezin's pale, sky jeweled eyes, the love he had for Kimya showing for a second in his own gaze before he looked away in shame.

Menzin nosed his shoulder, her own voice unsteady, “ I always knew your heart was not mine Dak, I always knew. I accepted that a long time ago, why can't you?”

Daktari kept his head down, his eyes closing, “ Because, it is not fair to you Mezin, or the cubs. Yet I do not know how to change for you and them. I would give my life for our children Mezin as I would give it for you, but for him...Forefather's for him I would give my soul.”

She smiled at him a little sadly, “ I know Dak, and I do not expect you to change. I could not ask a sparrow not to be a sparrow, how can I ask you not to be who you are?” She licked his cheek, “I know you will be a good father to them Dak, a good mate to me. You will do so, but you will die inside. I love you too much to let that happen. Go Dak, go and help your Shadow find our cubs and bring them back home, all three of them.” The third being the hyena who had always been their shadow, though Daktari would not admit to it, even now.

Daktari looked at her, but once again, words failed him. Mezin smiled, “I understand Dak, now go and bring them home, for me..for us and for Kimya.” Nodding, he gave her a gentle lick, and then slipped out the door, his keen nose already picking up Kimya's scent.
I am coming my Shadow, wait for me...wait...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

User Image

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:15 pm

User Image

Buliwyf

Active Rp:
While there's Life, there is Hope
A Brief Respite
The Only Gift is a Portion of Thyself
Silence of the Soul
In Searching, You I Have Found
A Day Out

Finished Rp:
Death Came with Kindly Care
Field Trip!
The Start of Something New
A Sick Child

Used for Breeding:
Death Came with Kindly Care [X]
Field Trip!
The Start of Something New
A Sick Child

Looking for:
General Rp
Plot
Flings
Lifemate

Not Looking for:
Death
Pride Offers

Open to the Idea:

Romance Statues:
Single

Kaiya

Active Rp:

Finished Rp:
Over the Hills and Far Away
A Healer's Task

Used for Breeding:
Over the Hills and Far Away

Looking for:
General Rp
Plot
Flings
Lifemate

Not Looking for:
Death
Pride Offers

Open to the Idea:
Death
Maiming

Romance Statues:
Single

Daktari

Active Rp:

Finished Rp:
Running Up That Hill
Let Me Steal This Moment

Used for Breeding:
Running Up That Hill
Let Me Steal This Moment

Looking for:
General Rp
Plot
Family Rp
Pride Rp

Not Looking for:
Death
Pride Offers
Lifemate
Fling

Open to the Idea:
Death

Romance Statues:
Entangled
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

User Image

User Image

User Image

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:17 pm

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm

User Image

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

User Image

Daktari and Kimya:Running Up That Hill - Placebo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:21 pm

User Image

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:22 pm

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

User Image

Lorne_Sionn

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:29 pm

User Image

Heri kujikwa kidole kuliko ulimi
Better to stumble with toe than toungue.
[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff