Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Your Stone Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:44 pm
Katefox Tarnagona
I suppose if there's one stone I'm drawn to, it's amethyst. Conveniently, it's also a stone I have lots of. biggrin I used to live in a city that has an amethyst mine, and one summer my family decided to do the tourist thing, so amongst other things, we took a tour of the mine. And one of the things you could do while you were there is pick up your own amethyst. I've never thought to use it in magical workings, before, and I'm pretty sure part of my attraction to amethyst is just because it's purple, and purple is one of my favourite colours.

I do want to start collecting some stones for magical work, but I haven't really sat down and figured out which ones I want. Except I do want to get some lodestone, when next I get the opportunity.

I looooooove Amethyst! And it's brother, Citrine. Amethyst is so good for meditation! And it's helped me sleep a lot smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:47 pm
Rose quartz, kyanite, hematite and amethyst are the ones that I'm drawn to at the moment.

I hold rose quartz when I'm thinking about love in general, or my significant other. smile I also use a small one to place my claddagh ring on top of at night before I go to bed.

Hematite is awesome for grounding and occasionally pain relief.

I've only recently been drawn to kyanite, haven't worked much with it yet. I love the feelings I get from holding it though. ^^

I use amethyst for my sleeping issues. Helps to keep nightmares at bay and to let me sleep well. smile

Citrine is nice too, I always keep a cluster of it around smile

I brought a couple carnelian crystals home with me today. Hoping they will help boost my energy.  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:34 pm
I actually prefer bone. I have a necklace I got at the beach, that was carved from a whale bone.

I was assured the animal died of natural causes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:03 am
I am drawn to garnet because it's my birthstone, and there are many attributes of garnet that I like and can relate to. I'm also drawn to amethyst, as I am drawn to just about anything purple, and the associations and attributes of amethyst are also of interest to me.  

Corabella

Alkalune

Lily-livered Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:36 pm
..I have quite a few amethyst stones; I've always been attracted to them. C:

Amethyst is also my mother's birthstone, so I feel like it's some kind of connection to her.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:32 pm
Alkalune

Amethyst is also my mother's birthstone, so I feel like it's some kind of connection to her.

wow, yeah I have always felt a connection to amethyst to!
but its my Mother's birthstone but not mine.
I get a good vibe from amethyst but on the opposite side of the scale I get a rather bad vibe from rose quartz's.  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

Alkalune

Lily-livered Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks
Alkalune

wow, yeah I have always felt a connection to amethyst to!
but its my Mother's birthstone but not mine.
I get a good vibe from amethyst but on the opposite side of the scale I get a rather bad vibe from rose quartz's.

Cool that I'm not the only one. c:  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:09 pm
I'm drawn to Rose Quartz.
I don't know why.
They say it helps with depression, love, and what not. sweatdrop
I have a necklace with Rose Quartz crystal on it. I usually feel very calm with it on so I wear it a lot. redface  

Tsukiyo Spelldust

vampyrebats

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:41 am
I have MANY stones & crystals, but my favorites have always been clear quartz & amethyst. however, i also love black stones because they are extremely grounding and protective of my energy.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 pm
My stones would have to be these I think the translucent one is Oplalite and I am not sure about the other...User Image  

Radio Wiccan

Shadowy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Radio Wiccan
My stones would have to be these I think the translucent one is Oplalite and I am not sure about the other..

It's a ruby zoisite.

Your opalite could be actual potch opal, which is that sort of clear jelly-type opal with no flash, or it could be opalite glass, which is not a stone at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:58 pm
Morgandria
Radio Wiccan
My stones would have to be these I think the translucent one is Oplalite and I am not sure about the other..

It's a ruby zoisite.

Your opalite could be actual potch opal, which is that sort of clear jelly-type opal with no flash, or it could be opalite glass, which is not a stone at all.

I got both of them from a trusted source near my hose, It does remind me of jelly so it very well could be. But boy let me tell you my opalite is probably one of the strongest stones I have.  

Radio Wiccan

Shadowy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm
I had my teacher teach me about crystal healing and she suggested I try/practice it.
Lucky for me that weekend their was a Gem/Crystal show going on at a local pagan shop I frequent.
So I went and saw some amazing stones! I even took some pictures and when I was their I got a quartz crystal pendulum, their must have been a hundred of them there all looking perfect!
But I found one that had a crack, an imperfection and I fell for it.
In my mind It had character not a weakness and purchased it on the spot, I have good feelings about it but I haven't used it yet.
I got eight small amethyst stones as well for practicing crystal healing that are rather pretty as well.
So yeah I just felt like sharing whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:56 am
i always liked the rose quartz  

Ren Tohimaru

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:01 pm
I went through my slowly growing collection of stones/crystals tonight and found a piece of what I think is citrine. I'm not sure though if it is. It feels kinda odd and looks sorta spongy? Hard to describe. It sparkles a little bit if you hold it in the light the right way, and it's a cream-ish orange.

Anyone have any ideas on what it might be?

Also, how often do you guys cleanse your stones? I want to make a kinda sleep/dream charm bag for a friend who has trouble sleeping sometimes. I'm thinking a few pieces of amethyst for dreams and sleep and a piece of carnelian for keeping the crystals clean energy-wise.

I usually use carnelian or a citrine cluster to help cleanse my crystals. Does anyone else use carnelian for cleansing?

I've also heard that jade helps to prevent nightmares? Is this true?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games