Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkCainWalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 pm
Oh? Good to know that you're not the prickly type, though I might of guessed by your choice of "Anglo-Saxon Cute, chubby boy who's not afraid to get rough-and-tumbled." sort of character. Heh. And mine isn't /so/ interesting, by the way. I just wanted a grouchy character who barks at everyone she finds fault with. (Which is everyone besides her Father. Possible Daddy complex? Note to self, look into it.) And I too, will enjoy bumping heads with you.

By the way, what sort of professor position did you want?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 pm
DarkCainWalker

Aha, I can see you're good a profiling. I think you don't find her interesting because you're looking at what you've already decided and not her potential for growth, likewise for my character and your impression of him.
Also I was actually trying to make a character that was a somewhat of a far cry from myself to see how I could handle it this time. Guess I already failed.

I had a specific personality in mind - a bubbly bragging middle-aged Hufflepuff man who acts like a surrogate father to anything that moves basically. I was thinking almost any elective, charms, herbology or care of magical creatures, though if there was no choice I would take most other classes.

(sorry for late responses, busy watching speed paints.)  

Kiss-My-Goddamn-Shoes

DarkCainWalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:12 pm
Kiss-My-Goddamn-Shoes

Bah, just a habit from analyzing every darn person in sight. But, as for disliking my character? Most likely. I haven't found true inspiration for her yet, seeing as I haven't been able to put her into action. However, your character (Right again, by the way) I can imagine going into Honeydukes and stealing a Lollipop for a good friend because they didn't have any money. That kind of thing, you know?

Hmmm. Actually, I was thinking about a sort of martial arts class for your character, because I'd really love to see him be this bubbly, nice middle-aged man become this smiling-but-terrifying fighter that teaches his students how to survive anything that comes at them...Of course, I'm in no position to advise and I certainly don't know how Hogwarts would take this kind of class into consideration. (Or if it's been done already; I haven't been looking too hard through all the threads.)

As for your effort to make your character hard for yourself...Well, I think that you had the artist's limitation: When to know how to stop... You know? After all, you have to Roleplay it. Emote into it. (Which you did.) So it can't be so far from yourself that you can't act the role... But if you want to know, I tried doing the same thing for myself in creating Falena. Didn't work much, haha.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 pm
DarkCainWalker

He'd steal it - give it to his friend, then steal another and get caught on purpose just to make a scene. I would venture a guess scenario at what sort of behavior your character would get into, aside from putting down all the other first years and putting a few sensitive souls into a fit of tears, but I'm no good at that. Though I have to admit just saying that gave me an image of her silently and gloomily appearing behind other students muttering would-be advice that's more like passive verbal abuse.

Hahaha! Wizard martial arts, hmmm, you may be onto something... as far as I've seen they don't have that. And that would definitely add more dimension, I was thinking he was too much like a mixture between Lockheart and Slughorn...

Every picture is a self portrait. Damn it.  

Kiss-My-Goddamn-Shoes

DarkCainWalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:45 pm
Ah, but every picture holds a thousand words, and a thousand reflections. Picasso only provided one way how to see things, after all. Even if it was abstract and rather interesting.

But oh dear, your image of my character trying to offer advice from words of mildly veiled insults is hysterical. "...You stupid girl, don't you know that you add Porcupine Quills later? You know what, forget that. Go wash your head, try to actually read something intelligent and try to do your potion again. Honestly, the quality of human intelligence now days..." -Snicker- I wonder if Thimeus and she would get along, actually. Between a scary Slughorn/Lockheart combination and a little Fem!Snape mini-him, the duo might be terrifying.

Oh and if you're interested in the Wizard Martial Arts idea, read "Bloody Skies" by Toki Mirage! He/she is exceptionally good at writing, and provides excellent inspiration for characters and settings.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 am
Mwahaha, golden. She's already shaping up. But actually Thimeus and my to-be-professor are separate characters. Hmm, if that isn't apparent then I think I need to shape the professor up even more. But whether or not Tim and Falena get along shall be very interesting to see and will probably have a lot to do with the circumstance of their first encounter. If they do... God save Hogwarts.

I just may look into that Bloody Skies.
But, I have company and must leave now. We'll expound on this another day.  

Kiss-My-Goddamn-Shoes

DarkCainWalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 am
Kiss-My-Goddamn-Shoes

Indeed, God save Hogwarts from the wrath of two eleven-year old brats who can metaphorically kick a** and take names like nobody's business. Good Evening to you Goddamn, and may your characterization improve.
-Cain out  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am
Hi, my name's Lauren, but I go by Lon or Lonnie. I have a few hobbies, such as reading, cross-stitching, playing computer games... Not too interesting, I'm afraid. Um, I like rock music as a preference, and am eighteen years old, just.

I was on Gaia a few years ago, but stopped. Thought I'd give it another go, and so far I'm having fun. Glad to be a part of this guild, was in a similar one a few years ago. Might have been this same one, don't remember tbh. whee  

lonnieelizabeth

2,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Neutralx4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 am
Hello fellow Role Players!

My name is Neutralx4, as you can already see, but my real name is Isai. I'm a 19 year old book worm, not that I study much, but I read...A LOT! I'm very friendly, outgoing, and love to talk to anyone who is willing to chat. I will be role playing as the Hogwarts' Spanish Teacher, meaning I am Spanish. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken on the responsibility. I'm here to do my job and to make friends, so feel free to send me a request!

-Isai  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:28 pm
Hello ladies and gentlemen

My name is Gevaudan Grimmstorm, I have been roleplaying for the past 3/4 years now. I am a historian and and can speak Japanese and some Spanish and I like to read manga and watch anime.  

Grimaldus Helbrecht

Hallowed Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 am
Hey there! I'm Dolphina Oceanus, or just Dolphina.

I've only been on Gaia for three months or so, but I'm already in at least six guilds. I am even captian of Beyond the Thunderpath, a role playing guild based on the Warriors books by Erin Hunter. I am obsessed with role playing and very glad that I joined Gaia.

I love Star Wars, Warriors, Harry Potter (Duh), and many more. I am a very happy person and I always see the glass as half full. I enjoy laughing and making others laugh.

As for hobbies, I read, write, act, somewhat sing, and lately it seems that school has become a hobby (not that I enjoy it). My life is filled to the brim with school, but otherwise then that, That's me!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 pm
Dear my adoring fans,

Hello y'all. My name be Crissy <3. Sooooo....I am like the most insanely awesome person you will ever get the chance to know xD. Anyways....So I LOVE Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. I read the entire Harry Potter collection and and it is a fantabulous series! Bill x Fleur FTW I hate math...but it is the best period to talk about boys in!

-Crissy <3

P.S.I twas wondering....for your profile...do you HAVE to be a 1st year...cuz I don't really wanna be xD  

eskimo kissses

Tipsy Conversationalist

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:17 pm
It just now dawned upon me that I hadn't formally introduced myself.

Hello, I'm The Ariadelle (Ari for short) and I'm still fairly new here. I'm 22 yrs old, studied in the arts, a few subjects of humanities, as well as a few other things.

Harry Potter has always, and will always, be my favorite book series(followed by LOTR and a few others), though I am generally more of a graphic novel fan(Strangers in Paradise being my favorite collection). I'm a visual person, and enjoy a great storyline coexisting with a wonderfully done scene by an artist's hand.

As far as HP goes, I love wandlore, above most other topics(though magical creatures also catch my fancy). I enjoy the meshing of Celtic traditions, narratives basing ideas and complexity into each wood, as well as meshing them cohesively with a complimentary or sometimes even contradictory creature principle for a core. I could go on extensively, but I won't, because this is just an introduction.

sooo yea...This is my hello. *waves*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 am
I totally forget to do this. :u

I'm Bear; I'm 19. Harry Potter, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, all that.

I love reading, writing, listening to music, normal stuff~

Anywhoo. Hi!

bick discuit

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm
Ura
19. Novels, Japanese, cooking, rp